Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's cool, but like most big names doing stuff it loses some of the impressiveness when you take into account they have tons of fans helping them out with items also.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    It's cool, but like most big names doing stuff it loses some of the impressiveness when you take into account they have tons of fans helping them out with items also.
    You'd think so, but kripp always has been going with no help at all even in his WoW days. This is not Athene.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bossmonster View Post
    You'd think so, but kripp always has been going with no help at all even in his WoW days. This is not Athene.
    Didn't he have bunch (more than 4) of people farming goblins with him, and giving him priority any time they were found?

I could be completely mistaken, that's just the impression I got when I checked the stream every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    Didn't he have bunch (more than 4) of people farming goblins with him, and giving him priority any time they were found?

I could be completely mistaken, that's just the impression I got when I checked the stream every now and then.
    Incorrect. They were gearing up as a group. They are friend's and aren't loot feeding him.

Watch his stream if you want to see the real deal and silence rumors.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post

Farming goblins together with other people is more effective than solo. But those were buddies and he wasn't given any priority afaik. Check out his youtube, he even came up with a strategy to get faster out of the game than the other players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Athene is the one who gets everything fed to him... that is why I do not watch his streams. Any of us could play at his level if you had hundreds of people giving you anything you needed.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Izual is down.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Krippi and he just killed Izual HC Inferno. Kiting strategy, but wow that mofo hits hard.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Izual deaded
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Izzy dead. I'm still stuck on a3 on softcore, granted i don't play as much as he does, but doing it on hardcore is prety impressive.

I mean, I could be wrong, as I don't personally know Athene or Kripp...

To my knowledge Athene literally gets fed gear - someone who doesn't know him but is a huge fan finds an amazing item, and "donates" it to Athene.

Kripp has a group of friends (kinda like, oh I don't know, a clan or a guild... god forbid a guildie help someone out) who farm goblins as a group... If Barbarian gear drops, I am sure their Monk/DH/Wiz/WD gives it up, but I am sure Kripp gives them gear if he cant use it either... kind of a huge difference.

Before you complain about his fans giving him free gear remember this.

None of his fans are ahead of him to give him gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post

Whether it's act 1, act 2 or act 3 gear, it's still gear he wouldn't have found himself. Unless of course he's the only person in the world who has gotten perfect drops for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post

Now, I'm not saying that kripp got gear from fans, in fact I'm pretty sure he didn't, but this is a pretty weak argument, people wouldn't have to be ahead of him to find gear he could use in D3 for example, I'm fairly sure at least one of his pieces came from D2JSP or whatever that site is.

This is the first time I've ever given a crap about a world first. Doing pre-nerf inferno is truly bad ass. Kripps stream is pushing 30k right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    He will be back there instantly with his backup gear and barb, he has the checkpoints for act 4 also on his alt.

10+ Year Old Account
    and he is at Diablo.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

He said it'll take him roughly 2 hours of tries on softcore to get ready for his hardcore attempt.

He has solo'd Diablo many times. I think this should be a win for him barring any major fuck-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Envisionist View Post
    He has solo'd Diablo many times. I think this should be a win for him barring any major fuck-ups.
    he said 3 times. 3 is not many.