Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Since they are removing the daily quest cap in MoP, you will have the option to do all 50 dailies each day giving you a possible reward of 250 Valor Points and 1000 gold.

Quote Originally Posted by pedigree View Post
    I don't think questing for valor is supposed to be a replacement for raiding or running dungeons. Rather it is to give people more options and supplement the valor grind when you aren't raiding or running dungeons.

I imagine that when the next expansion after Mists comes around, the dailies will just reward gold.

By the way, don't try to speak for everyone. Dragonblight was used as a plot device. I don't mind it being used for the beginning of the raid and find it rather unique that you fight Deathwing across various places in Azeroth.
    I fight Deathwing exactly in one place in Azeroth, the Maelstrom. I'd like to see the multiple places you seem to fight him.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonraker View Post
    Can't seem to find any follow up quest for The Anglers, unless it is the rare fish ones which are probably just rare drops when fishing generally.
    It worked initially, but was broken recently. I would imagine they will fix it at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    the part about how much gold/vp you can gain from dalies each day is wrong. It should be 250vp and 1k gold :P
    That number is based on the number of quests that reward valor and gold right now, as some quests will not give you Valor and some will give less than 20g.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm betting it's the launcher you'll get if you don't have the expansion installed. With the first two expansions, the look of all your stuff, including the login screen, was determined by which expansion you had installed.

Being that I love getting exalted with different factions, that will be really the only reason I'm doing the dailies, but it's all good. Something to do.

Hopefully we won't have to grind the dailies to stay competitive in the raiding community. On a separate note, I really hope I can get a set of the Shodo-Pan armor for my monk.

anyone else notice that the name of the pandaren for the golden lotus is named Weng the Merciful?

Aang was a character in Avatar, and the hidden society in world of Avatar was The White Lotus Society

Quote Originally Posted by F-Minus View Post
    I fight Deathwing exactly in one place in Azeroth, the Maelstrom. I'd like to see the multiple places you seem to fight him.
    While he's flying and you're on his back.

Or did you skip that part?

10+ Year Old Account
    new beta launch design now looks cold and sterile :S

Why change it? I'm tired of the black metal spikes crap.

Just random thought I've got reading this.

At the time when the game will be released, all cool features, dungeons and raids will be described and documented in the videos.
    What is the point of playing the game when you would already know everything you gonna see? All loot, quests, everything... I don't think I will say "weee, how cool and awesome this is!" because I already saw that in the news. I remember playing it first time and the fact that I discovered something new for myself was very exciting and it kept me playing more and more.

Somebody can say: "Hey don't read the news and you will be fine". You are right, but this is MMO and most people will expect you to know dungeon strategies first time you'll enter. Mass kick will be granted for "noobs" who want to figure out something by themselves. Playing with friends is another option, but you can't/don't want to force your friends from reading the news.

Anyway the question is: How long people will enjoy the game considering new expansion if there are no surprises on the table?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dmitry View Post

At the time when the game will be released, all cool features, dungeons and raids will be described and documented in the videos.
    What is the point of playing the game when you would already know everything you gonna see? All loot, quests, everything... I don't think I will say "weee, how cool and awesome this is!" because I already saw that in the news. I remember playing it first time and the fact that I discovered something new for myself was very exciting and it kept me playing more and more.

Somebody can say: "Hey don't read the news and you will be fine". You are right, but this is MMO and most people will expect you to know dungeon strategies first time you'll enter. Mass kick will be granted for "noobs" who want to figure out something by themselves. Playing with friends is another option, but you can't/don't want to force your friends from reading the news.

Anyway the question is: How long people will enjoy the game considering new expansion if there are no surprises on the table?
    If I bothered to look up dungeon strategies that were crucial to success, I'd expect other people to have done likewise. I severely dislike it when people blunder into dungeons without an iota of an idea towards what they need to do. Now, I won't kick the person, but I'll give them a brief summary of what needs to be done, and I darn well expect them to follow it instead of saying something to the tune of "thanks brah, but imma play it by ear." Now, if ther ARE willing to listen to the advice I give, it begs the question: why must I reiterate something I read online to someone if they could have read it themselves to the exact same effect? Most people agree that dungeons need not and indeed, SHOULD not, be a constant advent of "trial and error." Why? Well, it might be fun for you to learn each dungeon by systematically wiping until you get it right, but odds are the four other people in the dungeon who have done the dungeon numerous times do not feel the same way, and do not want to put up with someone who won't listen.

As for information regarding the expansion "ruining it," that's like saying reading the little teaser on a book's dust jacket ruins the entire novel. If you don't want spoilers, MMO champion does a pretty good job of placing those under proper "spoiler labels." I wouldn't consider knowing the basic motivations of the various daily factions or knowing that you can befriend nat pagel to be "story jeapordizing" information.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2012-06-20 at 12:29 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by dmitry View Post

Probably shouldn´t use these websites, they have always been more about ´news´ than strats. Spend a few minutes in game reading the dungeon log. I always do that anyway. When new content gets released, I read about 1 dungeons then queue for that one in particular.. then cycle through learning one at a time before I do randoms. The dungeon journal really is enough to get the hang of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    Awesome. Valor from dailies. Now you don't even have to interact AT ALL with another player to get raiding gear.
    Gankers say HI
    I would rather do a 5-man run, might be longer than a daily but 50 daily a day? Seriously?
    Hello SPELL STEAL NERF ?
    Spell steal gives wings and Working As Intended

Awesome. Valor from dailies. Now you don't even have to interact AT ALL with another player to get raiding gear.
    1st: according to post about cross-realm zones, there will be so many horde-alliance players, that ganks will happen every 5 seconds.*
    2nd: considering our experience with 4.2.0 daily quests, there will be much group required quests or atleast in one way or another u WILL interract with other players.

15+ Year Old Account
    You obviously haven't paid attention to the changes coming in MoP, because Valor will no longer be used to buy gear. The only way to get raid gear will be to run the instance, or to get bracers/boots/belts from the AH (just like in the old days).

15+ Year Old Account
    New beta launcher looks like they're going for a more unified look instead of having a separate design per expansion.

Could be wrong about that, but it seems like that's what they're doing.

Dont we already have a fishing hat?
    Cant remember what mine did,. but i guess it was 5 skill and 100 lure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    Dont we already have a fishing hat?
    Cant remember what mine did,. but i guess it was 5 skill and 100 lure.
    Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat is the one! It's been long enough that I think another fishing hat (Nat's Hat) to use is nice.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

hey guys massive wow player would love beta key me an my lil bro have been dying for one haha

cheers

Beta key

Hi big wow fan never gotta into a beta before hoping to get in mop one since it looks amazing :P