A way to rebuy lost questrewards for transmog.

A way to rebuy lost questrewards for transmog

I was thinking. What if i wanted to use item X that was rewarded for my transmogset. Well i can't, cause i already did that quest very long ago and vendored all and everything back then. Meh, kinda sucks you know.....
    So i think WoW might need a way to rebuy those lost questrewards. I was thinking the following:

Your reward has a new place

Where can i rebuy my reward then? Well i was thinking to add rewarded the items only to all of the blacksmith (if weapon) or armorer (if armor) vendors within the zone where the quest was completed and also in the capital or main settlement to which faction the quest is related to. But i really want one additional rule in this. The item shows up only at these blacksmiths/armorer if the original quest which rewarded the item is actually completed.

A new service with points

I was thinking to add a new type of point system beside the current Valor/justice and conquest points. Let's call them Service Points (or SP for short).

You get these Service Points when you complete quests. Most quests (not all of them) will reward Service Points. 1 for each quest. Also daily quests and eventquests shall reward these SP's. So you can never run short on Service Points. All quests that can be started before level 10, meaning most of the quests in the starterzones like Durotar, are excluded from this Service Points system. Many items there are Common or Poor there which can't be used with transmogrification and thus not interesting to get again. You can spend the points only once, just like the Justice and Valor points and can also refunded back just like Justice/Valor Points.

The cost of rewards

How much would it cost you. Well i already told you the new point system Service Points. These are the points you need to collect to actually buy these quest rewards back. I was thinking Item level x 20% = the amount of Service Points you need to pay. Meaning that low level are easier to get back then the higher level items. But other calculations might be needed to get better prices for these items. Haven't really thought on this yet.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Z3ROR; 2012-06-19 at 04:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is something that has been asked for for quite a while. This is definitely something that Blizzard can make if there is a way to track quest completion. There is currently already an item restore feature (pretty new) that will allow you to recover any gear that you have destroyed since January 2012. If you happen to vendor/destroy it, you can use the easy-to-use interface and it will restore it back to your account immediately; however, if you disenchanted it, you have to wait for GM approval.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/blog/5245471

This system could be upgraded to be able to do the above; however, it is all up to Blizzard's ability to track your quest completion. From there, they will have to make a decent interface so you're not seeing a large amount of crap that you aren't looked for. All of this is possible but depends on the first requirement.

For payment, you can just pay whatever the true value of the item is - you have to pay at least 100% of the vendor value.

Deleted
    would definitively be nice. Added points if the relevant quest rewards is only avaliable at a specific vendor close to the quest giver.

Payment could be inflated ( 1'000% value ?) if only to provide a reason to have a bank around.

They can already track quest completion via achievements.

As someone who did all the quest achievements long before transmogging was even something on Blizzard's table, I'd love to see this in game. I also collect a lot of transmogging sets and I feel a little bit robbed because there's several sets I can't build because they're specifically quest rewards that I've completed a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    This is something that has been asked for for quite a while. This is definitely something that Blizzard can make if there is a way to track quest completion. There is currently already an item restore feature (pretty new) that will allow you to recover any gear that you have destroyed since January 2012. If you happen to vendor/destroy it, you can use the easy-to-use interface and it will restore it back to your account immediately; however, if you disenchanted it, you have to wait for GM approval.

This system could be upgraded to be able to do the above; however, it is all up to Blizzard's ability to track your quest completion. From there, they will have to make a decent interface so you're not seeing a large amount of crap that you aren't looked for. All of this is possible but depends on the first requirement.

For payment, you can just pay whatever the true value of the item is - you have to pay at least 100% of the vendor value.
    Unless you switch servers. I switched servers without knowing about this. (

Frankly, I think it would be much easier if Blizzard would get over itself and added some bare item looks to regular merchants. Want that cool looking plate armor from level 40-50 quests? Go to the plate merchant in town, and buy the "transmog-only" variation.

I understand transmog needs to have some prestige, but keep that to items gained through dungeons, raids, or other difficult events. Quest gear? Forget about coding a merchant that tracks quest you did and just put them on those general merchants that sells white items no one ever buys.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had this same problem. Back in TBC there was a quest in shadowmoon valley for a staff I really wanted, only I find now I somewhere down the line deleted the item, and when backtracking years later forgetting if I even did the quest that its already completed.

They've said they want to have some kind of service for re-obtaining lost quest rewards. I imagine the development time on such a feature is too big, for the return on the investment, to push it onto their plate for Mists, tho.

Maybe a content patch during Mists at the earliest -- but probably part of the suite for the expansion after Mists, if at all.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    Frankly, I think it would be much easier if Blizzard would get over itself and added some bare item looks to regular merchants. Want that cool looking plate armor from level 40-50 quests? Go to the plate merchant in town, and buy the "transmog-only" variation.

I understand transmog needs to have some prestige, but keep that to items gained through dungeons, raids, or other difficult events. Quest gear? Forget about coding a merchant that tracks quest you did and just put them on those general merchants that sells white items no one ever buys.
    I vote for this option right here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.

Nice idea, OP, but personally I agree more with this post here. Keep it simple - it's not like they can argue quest gear is particularly prestigious. It'd be nice to just be able to buy lookalikes for transmogging from a vendor, for the vendor value.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post

It's handy for that "oops, didn't mean to do that button" but what about the "sold it because it was junk and then transmog was released a year after" button?

10+ Year Old Account

I like this idea. Not only does it provide green set transmogs for players it also actually gives a purpose to the dozens of miscellaneous vendors they dot around that sell items but have no real purpose than junk-item dumpsters. It would give reason to actually explore other areas of cities and visit the neglected ones.

Agree with the OT and this poster, some kind of system needs to be added. Can't get the shoulders I want for my transmog set
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    They can already track quest completion via achievements.

As someone who did all the quest achievements long before transmogging was even something on Blizzard's table, I'd love to see this in game. I also collect a lot of transmogging sets and I feel a little bit robbed because there's several sets I can't build because they're specifically quest rewards that I've completed a long time ago.
    Every quest you have completed is actually tracked, not related to achievements. You can query a list with a macro from the server if you wish, also addons like EveryQuest use this functionality. On topic, I'd be happy if they'd just add gear vendors like in Pandaria to old zones, it might not give every item but it would make most of them available.

Why not just put a vendor with the relevant transmog sets in each zone, like the new ones for offspec gear in MoP zones? Might get a little weird for the TBC zones seeing as there's not really any coherent set in them, but it'd work for oldworld/wrath/Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Why not just put a vendor with the relevant transmog sets in each zone, like the new ones for offspec gear in MoP zones? Might get a little weird for the TBC zones seeing as there's not really any coherent set in them, but it'd work for oldworld/wrath/Cata.
    No TBC too, a lot of cool gear from Outland, even if they're not part of some bigger set they can be used for cool replacements for some sets. It's too bad that just the quest I need is neutral, all the faction specific quests seems to have been reset since I faction-changed...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    No TBC too, a lot of cool gear from Outland, even if they're not part of some bigger set they can be used for cool replacements for some sets. It's too bad that just the quest I need is neutral, all the faction specific quests seems to have been reset since I faction-changed...
    TBC questing gear largely took items from vanilla WoW and recolored them. There are very few unique outland gear sets from quests.

I think it'd be nicer if instead Blizzard instated some sort of transmog list, where you're presented with a window that you can drag an item onto at a designated NPC, "saving" its skin/model for later use... you can then revist the vendor, find the model/skin in your list, (or perhaps a search bar) and then pay a fee which will then give you an item with the same appearance with no stats that can't be disenchanted or vendored (and perhaps with a limited duration,) which you can then use to transmog your gear.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-01-01 at 02:19 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    I would approve this, as only bow i want is from Zul'drak quest that i did years ago. Same model with same skin can drop from Wotlk original heroics/naxx trash mobs, but that's like 0,00000001% chance.

But i still don't believe they will implement this kind of mechanic ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    TBC questing gear largely took items from vanilla WoW and recolored them. There are very few unique outland gear sets from quests.

I think it'd be nicer if instead Blizzard instated some sort of transmog list, where you're presented with a window that you can drag an item onto at a designated NPC, "saving" its skin/model for later use... you can then revist the vendor, find the model/skin in your list, (or perhaps a search bar) and then pay a fee which will then give you an item with the same appearance with no stats that can't be disenchanted or vendored (and perhaps with a limited duration,) which you can then use to transmog your gear.
    They may as well cut out the middleman and add the item to this library once you complete the quest or obtain the item; just a yes/no for all the gear in the game.