Thread: Siegebreaker?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Siegebreaker?

In Inferno difficulty, Siegebreaker will now gain the Reflects Damage affix
    That and the NT nerf. It's going to take my glass cannon demon hunter fucking forever to kill that fuck.

Yea, cant really imagine doing it much easy aswell as a wizard. It sure is rough, then again I have been collecting life regen items, and by now I got some pretty OK regen items self-found, so maybe it will come handy.

You guys are missing the point, he has reflect damage which lowers your durability. Your going to spend at least 35k in repairs to get a blue item if you one shot him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god that really is a problem, you get bigger repair bills cause of reflect damage. Do you range classes really complain about everything? Besides maybe it's time to gear for resistences just like the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Oh my god that really is a problem, you get bigger repair bills cause of reflect damage. Do you range classes really complain about everything? Besides maybe it's time to gear for resistences just like the rest of us.
    Check the prices of dex, vit, resist all gear. You think dh's go glass cannon by choice? Not everyone likes this game enough to spend real money on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Check the prices of dex, vit, resist all gear. You think dh's go glass cannon by choice? Not everyone likes this game enough to spend real money on it.
    Well, my monk would like to have a word with u ...i spent shitloads of gold to be able to survive in act 3...Dh were just death zerging their way thru all acts and made money out of the nice shiny drops in act 3 and 4...Maybe u shoudl have kept some gear in stead of posting it for ridiculous amounts of gold in AH. As a monk i feel good now haha

Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    That and the NT nerf. It's going to take my glass cannon demon hunter fucking forever to kill that fuck.
    No it doesn´t because he also got an 4 min enrage timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Thebigbull View Post
    Well, my monk would like to have a word with u ...i spent shitloads of gold to be able to survive in act 3...Dh were just death zerging their way thru all acts and made money out of the nice shiny drops in act 3 and 4...Maybe u shoudl have kept some gear in stead of posting it for ridiculous amounts of gold in AH. As a monk i feel good now haha
    I dont use the ah much, i prefer to find my items not buy them. P2win isnt very rewarding imo.

Because that whole "farming" thing is so not associated with Diablo.

Everyone expects you to just roll through the game with no problem.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

I dont use the ah much, i prefer to find my items not buy them. P2win isnt very rewarding imo.
    Use the gold AH, then. Mystified by people that seem to think you 'found' your awesome gear in D2 and that that's a very viable way to push through endgame. I've got both a DH and a monk, and it's absolutely silly how little gold I had to spend to gear my DH compared to getting enough gear just so my monk was able to survive the most basic melee attacks in Act III.

Anyways, giving it both a short enrage AND reflect damage is reeeeeeeeeal dick move. Really huge dick move. Reflect damage is incredibly painful to ranged, yes, even ranged that gears to be very defensive. Ranged take 30% more damage and can DO more damage than melee to compensate, but those two factors together make reflect damage horribad for ranged to deal with.

You guys are missing the point, he has reflect damage which lowers your durability. Your going to spend at least 35k in repairs to get a blue item if you one shot him.
    Except if you do it with 5 stacks you'll get much more than a blue, guaranteed 2 rares.

For those complaining that they cannot glass cannon it, I've said all along and will continue to say, there is no such thing as a pure DPS. This is not WoW nor anything of the sort. There is no trinity of tank/DPS/heals. You have to be able to handle all three yourself. You need damage and survivability. There is simply no way to go through the whole game and not get hit at all. Mortars, Jailer, Desecrate, Reflect Damage, teleporters, vortex...etc. You're going to get hit, you gotta have some survivability to get through it. Deal with it, gear appropriately and move on. You also don't have to play, just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Except if you do it with 5 stacks you'll get much more than a blue, guaranteed 2 rares.
    Takes 30 mins to get a 5 stack siege run, the two rares you speak of are worth 1k g each. Trust me i was farming him last week before i moved on the act4 where much better stuff drops.

Yeah. Seems like a dick move all around. I don't see tanks being able to solo siegebreaker effectively unless they go for a more dps oriented build. And even then, that really only helps barbs. Leaves monk out in the cold a bit since they have nothing comparable to WOTB + Earthquake.

I guess life on hit stacking dps barbs that go for instagibbing specs are the only ones that are supposed to kill Act 3 bosses now? It's not like Ghom's much better for tanks. "You must do 7 million damage in under 3 minutes as a tank, have fun"

---------- Post added 2012-06-19 at 09:07 PM ----------

Takes 30 mins to get a 5 stack siege run, the two rares you speak of are worth 1k g each. Trust me i was farming him last week before i moved on the act4 where much better stuff drops.
    Act 3 and 4 are EXACTLY the same in loot, always have been. If you got better loot in Act 4 it was purely RNG.

Then say that instead of saying 35k in repairs to get one blue. Also, if Seigebreaker is that tough for you, farm something else. Hell, you can even just farm champ elite packs now and get a guaranteed rare with 5 stacks, you don't gotta kill bosses anymore. There are other bosses and other ways to farm if you find one that used to be effective and isn't anymore, look for another way.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Act 3 and 4 are EXACTLY the same in loot, always have been. If you got better loot in Act 4 it was purely RNG.
    Lol, no they arent. Top lvl items start dropping in act3, they drop more frequently in act4. Doomcaster vs hellion for example. You see alot more doomcasters in act3 while in act4 i only find hellion (or the majority). The stats on the items can be the same, but the base item is consistently top of the line in act4.

Lol, no they arent. Top lvl items start dropping in act3, they drop more frequently in act4. Doomcaster vs hellion for example. You see alot more doomcasters in act3 while in act4 i only find hellion (or the majority). The stats on the items can be the same, but the base item is consistently top of the line in act4.
    Think whatever you want, but I know I'm right. You should visit some theorycrafting sites from time to time. All items in Acts 3 and 4 have an 8% chance of being ilvl 63. That's how it was before, that's how it is now, that's how it will be for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Think whatever you want, but I know I'm right. You should visit some theorycrafting sites from time to time. All items in Acts 3 and 4 have an 8% chance of being ilvl 63. That's how it was before, that's how it is now, that's how it will be for the foreseeable future.
    You rely on theorycrafting websites ill be in game killing stuff, lmao

It's going to be insane!

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    In before they remove smokescreen too completely negating your ability to prep your way through it. Oh, while we're at it, let me guess, they'll remove the bat companions hatred regen, and make the runed hatred-regen MfD actually deplete your hatred. Yeah, you can see what i'm implying if you're gonna be struggling with him now he's got that affix (considering such a build is viable if you have the option of standing still).

It changes nothing, other than the fact that you now just don't kite him and instead make use of cheap-ass tactics and still win. Timing has to be perfect and you've still gotta be skilled, but if anything, it's not a huge change. With the overall nerf to Inferno, i'd imagine getting to siege-breaker wouldn't makes you want to punch kittens, or make you want to turn this owl party into a sunday dinner.
    Yeah, except that they buffed the living fuck out of Reflects Damage in this patch. I went from being able to at least survive a while with potion -> shadow power w/ gloom to even that not letting me live for more than one second. I'm literally one shotting myself. The RD affix is completely broken right now to the point you aren't going to survive it, especially as a DH. And resist all DOES NOT dampen the reflected damage to you. Combined with the "fix" for Nether Tentacles (this part I'm not complaining about since it probably was a bit on the OP side) means you have jack all for self healing and LoH doesn't seem to work with our best single target ability, Rapid Fire.

This patch is one gigantic fuck up by the devs all around. At this point, I'm not even bothering to hold back my hatred for the devs. They deserve every goddamned bit of it, since all they seem to want to do is wag their tails in our faces and shit on us while doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy Tia View Post
    Yeah, except that they buffed the living fuck out of Reflects Damage in this patch. I went from being able to at least survive a while with potion -> shadow power w/ gloom to even that not letting me live for more than one second. I'm literally one shotting myself. The RD affix is completely broken right now to the point you aren't going to survive it, especially as a DH. And resist all DOES NOT dampen the reflected damage to you. Combined with the "fix" for Nether Tentacles (this part I'm not complaining about since it probably was a bit on the OP side) means you have jack all for self healing and LoH doesn't seem to work with our best single target ability, Rapid Fire.

This patch is one gigantic fuck up by the devs all around. At this point, I'm not even bothering to hold back my hatred for the devs. They deserve every goddamned bit of it, since all they seem to want to do is wag their tails in our faces and shit on us while doing so.
    "Oh no, they stopped me from steamrolling Inferno with blues! This game is unfair!"