54 38.03%
  • Contact a blizzard employee

26 18.31%
  • dance naked on the street

62 43.66%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

2 million gold - What the fuck?

so... I was out of the country so I wasn't playing but I'm pretty sure I had NOTHING on the AH before mainteance (the one that brought the new patch) took place...

Now, today, I log in and, all of a sudden, there are 2 million gold on my account. I sent them to my stash and it turns out it is ''working gold''...
    I'm not sure what to do... should I contact a blizzard employee or something?

I don't want to keep gold that isn't mine (not because I don't want it, but I don't want to be banned)... What should I do?

Keep it for yourself and keep it quiet....but really, 2 million gold is nothing they will even notice, it's not very much gold at all. That aside, it could be very likely your account was hacked and botted, make sure you make your account info secure and I'd recommend getting an authenticator if you don't have one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    so... I was out of the country so I wasn't playing but I'm pretty sure I had NOTHING on the AH before mainteance (the one that brought the new patch) took place...

Now, today, I log in and, all of a sudden, there are 2 million gold on my account. I sent them to my stash and it turns out it is ''working gold''...
    I'm not sure what to do... should I contact a blizzard employee or something?

I don't want to keep gold that isn't mine (not because I don't want it, but I don't want to be banned)... What should I do?
    moral way: contact a gm explains your problem.

immoral way: keep it for yourself and don't talk about it.

Anyway, your account probably got hacked and the hacker did not changed the password. This way they have less chances to be detected and can manage to use the hacked account to buy and resell stuff.

You probably were lucky enough to find something when the hacker wasn't online.

But please by all means change your password and e-mail in your battle.net account.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    Keep it for yourself and keep it quiet....but really, 2 million gold is nothing they will even notice, it's not very much gold at all. That aside, it could be very likely your account was hacked and botted, make sure you make your account info secure and I'd recommend getting an authenticator if you don't have one.
    but how could it be botted? it clearly is a ''bug'' (At least I guess)

there were NO ITEMS listed , my AH has no records of any items being sold... I simply had the option to send 2million gold to my stash and it worked... That's what is fucking my brain.

---------- Post added 2012-06-19 at 07:48 PM ----------

Alright, anyway, I think Imma change my email address and password now :|

Before the part when you sent the gold to your stash, it should have had a description as to what it was for.

My guess would be a delayed Auction compensation. Especially if you've been gone as long as you say, the last time you would have played would have been when the AH was in complete disarray. This would probably coincide directly with that period of time when the AH went down for several days before coming back up. I was refunded a little over a million gold I'd spent on a gem that never showed as well as several hundred thousand in missing purchases/sells.

Edit:
    Need more info before I can vote in the poll. Are you a hot chick?
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Before the part when you sent the gold to your stash, it should have had a description as to what it was for.

My guess would be a delayed Auction compensation. Especially if you've been gone as long as you say, the last time you would have played would have been when the AH was in complete disarray. This would probably coincide directly with that period of time when the AH went down for several days before coming back up. I was refunded a little over a million gold I'd spent on a gem that never showed as well as several hundred thousand in missing purchases/sells.

Edit:
    Need more info before I can vote in the poll. Are you a hot chick?
    I don't remenber ever selling an item for more than 300 k though...

Also, no, I'm a 60 year old black bald male on bath salts.

I lol'ed just keep it man. Until blizzard contacts you otherwise! You maybe left a auction on 300k bid and it has ended up over a mil.

Did you bid on something and lost the bid? You would have to have had 2M gold though. Anything else would've showed up in your log. If it was a hacker, the gold wouldn't have came through AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    I'm a 60 year old black bald male.
    They come in different configurations?

Maybe I'm stupid here, but what do you mean by "working gold"? Illicit gold?

thats a blessing so keep it and spend it over long time or save it for some day, but keep it maybe a gm that was getting fired sent u that gift.

seriously keep it

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how keep it and dance naked in the street are tied.
    It really isn't a lot of gold in D3. If you feel dirty about keeping it then contact Blizzard.
    You can easily re-make the gold on your own.

Thank you Shyama for the beautiful sig ♥

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wynn3r View Post
    I lol'ed just keep it man. Until blizzard contacts you otherwise! You maybe left a auction on 300k bid and it has ended up over a mil.
    This is actually plausible.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Wynn3r View Post
    Yes, this makes sense too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaesca View Post
    I love how keep it and dance naked in the street are tied.
    me too ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Maybe I'm stupid here, but what do you mean by "working gold"? Illicit gold?
    I mean I thought I wouldn't be able to use it (At first I thought it was some sort of glitch), because there were no auctions listed with that money...

Anyway, guess Imma just keep it, thanks everyone ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexa View Post
    moral way: contact a gm explains your problem.

immoral way: keep it for yourself and don't talk about it.

Anyway, your account probably got hacked and the hacker did not changed the password. This way they have less chances to be detected and can manage to use the hacked account to buy and resell stuff.

You probably were lucky enough to find something when the hacker wasn't online.

But please by all means change your password and e-mail in your battle.net account.
    You forgot the third option:

immoral and shameless way -> keep it and tell everyone about it

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    You forgot the third option:

immoral and shameless way -> keep it and tell everyone about it
    hahaha sounds awesome ;P

10+ Year Old Account
    Contact Blizzard - they almost always let you keep the gold

Deleted
    There is no need to contact Blizzard. Make sure you change your password and what not though.

Also you sure can dance naked on the street, I doubt that will have any impact on your D3 gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd contact a GM. If you're like me, you won't enjoy the game knowing you took advantage of a bug.

Dancing naked in the street should be encouraged regardless of whether or not 2 million e gold ends up in your account.

Worst case scenario: they take it a away
    Best case scenario: they let you keep it and you can still know you played it legit. Sometimes no one claims that $100 dollar bill that you found on the ground. It's still your responsibility to report it. That's how I see it at least.
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2012-06-20 at 08:02 AM.

Deleted
    i highly doubt blizz cares about 2 million gold, keep it, spend it, give it out to random players 3 gold at a time.

It's all good

Definatly dance naked in the streets tho. When it's raining is my favorite moment.