Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I have the annual pass and the game isnt even downloaded yet, i did beta till level 5.
    Diablo isnt for me, especially as i see my wife playing a "halo kitty" and "ponies friendship is magic" bonus stage next to me :P
    And no RMAH is not even wonderfull, it is gambling through a video game. Gambling is addictive more than the game itself.
    I' ll keep clear from it, and any other product blizzard brings to that direction for ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    The Devs said the game was designed with the intent of players having to use it to beat it. I'm not sure how you can imply otherwise...
    Only you're paraphrasing incorrectly.

No one is bothered that Blizzard is essentially making fun in their games a literal fiat currency?
    It depends on your definition of fun... to me grinding is not fun... after I finished D3 I'm done... I don't need better gear... the story doesn't change until the next expansion... my fun will continue with said expansion like in WoW. I don't get fully Heroic Raid geared... I can't stand doing the same raid every week... it's not fun. If you like grinding then D3 is perfect... they added more grindiness to it... I fail to see the problem.

More random thoughts,
    Kalium

No more than I am forced to play the game, of course not. But Blizzard stated explicitly that the game was designed for the player to use the RMAH in order to win.

---------- Post added 2012-06-19 at 08:36 PM ----------

Care to elaborate?
    Already did that in an edit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy View Post
    lol. Anytime someone says that the game 'revolves around the RMAH' and you 'have to use it to progress' I laugh to myself and am hit by a great wave of gratitude that I am not stupid enough to beleive this. Diablo is a farming game, you play it to FARM. It may take a long time, but you can get the gear through FARMING. In fact, anyone who buys too much gear is really just limiting their own enjoyment of the game.
    This is absolutely false. Clearly you either haven't done what you've said or have not thought about it.
    There are so items, and the drop rates are so poor that it is not possible to farm a complete set of end-game worthy gear.

In WoW, you HAVE to play to get upgrades! Great model!

In Diablo 3, you HAVE to PAY! Shit model!

The Devs said the game was designed with the intent of players having to use it to beat it. I'm not sure how you can imply otherwise...

If that was the case then hardcore would be impossible to do because of no RMAH, and i believe that was cleared last night before the patch *shades*
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    As long as they're having fun, the argument looks really, really weak.
    I agree completely. But this is part of the discussion that we will have to continue 6 months from now when no one is any longer playing.

Deleted
    *snip*

Blizzard's model with D3 has effectively transformed from
    Make Game That is Fun Enough to Attract Maximum Customers = Profit
    to Profit from Current Customers = Make Sure Game is Just Fun Enough to Retain Them
    Those two things really don't contradict each other.

You're saying they used to make games, that were fun enough to attract as much customers as possible, but now they're only making them fun enough to keep them.
    Those two things are not mutually exclusive, and in fact they really go hand in hand.

Yeah let's not do that. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-06-19 at 09:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    If that was the case then hardcore would be impossible to do because of no RMAH, and i believe that was cleared last night before the patch *shades*
    Dude, HC Inferno was designed for like... 6-8 people. I'm talking about the actual meat of the game that most people will play through eventually.

This is absolutely false. Clearly you either haven't done what you've said or have not thought about it.
    There are so items, and the drop rates are so poor that it is not possible to farm a complete set of end-game worthy gear.

If it's not possible, nobody would be getting the drops at all in the first place to buy, unless you are also implying yet another unfounded claim.

I agree completely. But this is part of the discussion that we will have to continue 6 months from now when no one is any longer playing.
    Then I guess we'll see in six months?

Deleted

Soz but as it is now in wow, you have to queue to get upgrades. All the way till that current raid tier.
    After that, there is normal and heroic mode raids of the same tier, meaning, the same bosses, in the same raid that just hit harder and have a couple of extra abilities.
    Also heroic raids, item level gear is found and bought in BMAH. The way i see it, it is just more of the same down the hill "changes" that started with TBC nerfs in raids just before WotLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    You're awfully cocky for a guy, who just cried over his cat yesterday.

Those two things really don't contradict each other.

You're saying they used to make games, that were fun enough to attract as much customers as possible, but now they're only making them fun enough to keep them.
    Those two things are not mutually exclusive, and in fact they really go hand in hand.
    You're awfully cocky for someone that is more interested in rubbing things in than discussing anything.

Dude, HC Inferno was designed for like... 6-8 people. I'm talking about the actual meat of the game that most people will play through eventually.
    So are you saying that "eventually" one can not have good enough gear to be one of those 6-8 without using the RMAH?

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    You're awfully cocky for a guy, who just cried over his cat yesterday.
    Really, how the hell does anyone retain their sanity through Internet arguments? I'd suggest editing that out.

I have beaten diablo inferno and I have not used the rmah to buy anything (I sold a few things though) Oh noes, I just shattered your (completely wrong) perception of reality!

Just give it up Callace, forum posters will find 600 ways to disprove you, just let it go and keep it to yourself imo.

Completely agree and have been saying it for a while now. Blizzard used to be a company that made money by making fantastic games. Now they are a company that makes money at the expense of making quality games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    If it's not possible, nobody would be getting the drops at all in the first place to buy, unless you are also implying yet another unfounded claim.
    You didn't think about that. The drops originate from millions of sources, not one. The permutation of necessary drops will never exist for the same single player.

The recent developments with D3 are prime steak examples. Gold drops have been nerfed heavily. Bosses have been buffed. All drop rates have been nerfed except for ilevels in later difficulties. Worst of all, repairing real equipment costs thousands upon thousands more. What does this all mean? Slower kills, slower upgrades, more money sinks. THEY WANT THE GAME TO LAST LONGER.
    And lasting longer is a bad thing? If they nerfed bosses, increased drop rates, nerfed repair rates, etc, made it Diablo 2 difficulty...everyone would have blown through it in a couple days and then whined that it's too short.

The game was tailored around the RMAH as a means to force players to make microtransactions to complete the hardest difficulties.
    >Gold Auction House

Your argument is invalid.

And you don't remember D2, do you? It was either:

-Farm weeks and weeks to get a decent item that's probably not what you need, but tradeable
    OR
    -Trade for the item you need

The AH is just simplifying trading, so that you don't have to sit in the general chat and spam "Trading 2 HR 4 Tals" for hours on end.

Blizzard's model with D3 has effectively transformed from
    Make Game That is Fun Enough to Attract Maximum Customers = Profit
    to Profit from Current Customers = Make Sure Game is Just Fun Enough to Retain Them
    "Just enough fun to retain them" - Your opinion, not fact.

less than stellar reviews that are surfacing
    Average of "8.8" as you said...this is bad? So 90-95% of games on the market right now are bad, because they don't have perfect ratings? If you say so.

Most of the whining and bad reviewing for D3 is just whining about "error 37" (which only happened on launch day) and "omg online required" QQers anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    You're awfully cocky for someone that is more interested in rubbing things in than discussing anything.
    No that was just a side comment, but you just ignored everything else I wrote.