View Poll Results: Would you play on a vanilla or BC server?

Voters
76. This poll is closed
  • No, I would never go back to that.

41 53.95%
  • Yes, but only if it were free.

18 23.68%
  • Yes, and I'd pay a reasonable fee to do so.

12 15.79%
  • Yes, I'd pay, and I'd play almost exclusively on them.

5 6.58%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Would you play on an official Vanilla or BC server?

Simple question: would you play on vanilla or Burning Crusade servers if Blizzard officially made some? Would you play if you had to pay extra for them (premium service)?

How much would you pay? How often would you play compared to retail?

Not at any great length. I might be curious to try some dungeons/raids at the proper level, but once I succeeded in downing them, there would be no point in playing anymore since the gear you get is all there is and you aren't building up for any new content. Also, this is if it is free for subscribers. If it costed additional money I wouldn't even go that far.

I'd play to try it out and see what the game used to be like, but I wouldn't pay much (if anything) for it.

i would... mostly just to hang around in the pre-cata changed world.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy View Post
    Not at any great length. I might be curious to try some dungeons/raids at the proper level, but once I succeeded in downing them, there would be no point in playing anymore since the gear you get is all there is and you aren't building up for any new content. Also, this is if it is free for subscribers. If it costed additional money I wouldn't even go that far.
    Well, is there a point in getting gear at the end of an xpac? I mean, you aren't really preparing for the next raid, since there will be no more, and you could say you're preparing for the new... leveling? But you get such good greens in a new Xpac so easily that there is no point. I mean, why are you running Dragon Soul? To build up for...? No, I think people run the final raid in an expansion simply because they enjoy it.

Deleted
    Only if that would bring back all the people i played with back in classic/tbc almost none of them still plays otherwise no never again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    Only if that would bring back all the people i played with back in classic/tbc almost none of them still plays otherwise no never again.
    Well, that's up to you to ask them if they'd rejoin. Blizzard can't do that :P

10+ Year Old Account
    That would be endlessly boring for me. Nothing like doing the same content for the rest of my life with no updates ever in sight. I'd quit WoW before I did that.

Peronsally I don't want to go back to a less developed, more broken game.

I understand the nostalgia, I long for those days too, but it won't be the same, not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by u9k13tjc View Post
    TBH, right now I'd love a wrath only option, Wrath was the high point of wow, but too many wannabe elitists think its cool to bash it even though they probbaly never experienced Vanilla or BC when current.
    I thought about including Wrath, but I figured TOO SOON!

Well to be fully honest I would only play it to remember some things I have forgotten and to get the damn removed from game achieves. es i really would like my mage to have a god forsaken bloody Atiesh... Mostly for Naxx and Atiesh really.
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

I'd test it out, as a piece of history. Wouldn't play it any more beyond that though. Voted no.

Been there, done that. Don't care to go back.

Nah. It wouldn't be the same, with the changes to talents, abilities, and scaling, etc. It wouldn't bring back all the people that I played with, either, and they were the reason I played, not because of the game itself.

I would not even touch it.

I would, however, pay for a pre-3.2 limit Wrath (i.e. before the badge system). Even though it would mean never getting to fight Arthas again, being able to see Ulduar and to a lesser extent Naxx (Never saw it when it was current, either time) as they were meant to be, before you could get better gear out of facerolling 5-mans, would be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Simple question: would you play on vanilla or Burning Crusade servers if Blizzard officially made some?
    Simple answer: fuck no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not. I might hit up vanilla just to see how things were back then, but I'd rather my romanticized nostalgia of TBC not be bastardized by reality.

Well, all the "no"s are being vocal, I'd like to hear what people have to say who WOULD play it, or WOULD pay for it.

I made the poll because I always hear people asking for it, so I was kinda wondering exactly how many would.

Do you guys think if they charged for it that Blizzard, after the extra maintenance of having them, could turn a profit from them?

Deleted
    I'd possibly like to try out certain things, but I doubt I would play on any "classic" server for an extended amount of time. Just for stuff like seeing the old world again, experiencing the original Alterac Valley etc.

I think it would still be nice if they were available, though.