10+ Year Old Account

Ret Devotion Aura

So i never saw the blue post on this apparently but why are we getting an immune to silence i mean thats awesome but does anyone know why blizz is giving rets this?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a raid-wide 20% magic damage reduction cooldown. Don't question it, just love it.

Think of it more as a buffed Divine Guardian for Ret. We have to love it. LOVE IT

It's also a raid wide immune to interrupts. It gives ret more synergy with caster classes in pvp to burst/heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Think of it more as a buffed Divine Guardian for Ret. We have to love it. LOVE IT
    If by that you mean weaker than Divine Guardian, then yes. Devotion Aura reduces all incoming magical damage by 20% while Guardian was a flat 20% overall from physical as well, but didn't effect the paladin

By all rights, it's a nerf in my eyes in terms of raid protection. The silence immunity is nice but it may as well be called Aura Mastery again now.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderworldSoup View Post
    If by that you mean weaker than Divine Guardian, then yes. Devotion Aura reduces all incoming magical damage by 20% while Guardian was a flat 20% overall from physical as well, but didn't effect the paladin

By all rights, it's a nerf in my eyes in terms of raid protection. The silence immunity is nice but it may as well be called Aura Mastery again now.
    Buff if you asked me as how often is raid wide damage physical? I can think of only 1 fight. Saurfang from ICC. Otherwise the AoE is usually magic damage, except in PvP, in which case who the hell went Prot PvP?

cuz rets get wtf owned in pvp by dispells and chain silences ... its the best way to keep a ret from being able to do anything

Quote Originally Posted by Spirets View Post
    So i never saw the blue post on this apparently but why are we getting an immune to silence i mean thats awesome but does anyone know why blizz is giving rets this?
    actually a immunity to silence would be rather cool in limiting our vulnerabilities, something i wish they would make cross the board.

making melee immune to silence, and casters immune to disarm.

Deleted
    This is an absolutely fabulous cool down. There i said it.

Deleted
    Buff if you asked me as how often is raid wide damage physical? I can think of only 1 fight. Saurfang from ICC. Otherwise the AoE is usually magic damage, except in PvP, in which case who the hell went Prot PvP?
    It wasn't physical before it was overall, it can never be a buff when it has one portion of damage type removed. Regardless still amazing since most raid damage truly is Magic.

It's considered a buff since for the most part it's going to be equal for raid wide damage and also has additional utility.

Morchok Stomps are physical damage and raidwide (or at least to all those in range taking it on your side for heroic)

Phase 2 Warmaster Blackhorn - his furious roar which damages the whole raid is all physical damage.

Im sure it wont be the last time we see a raid wide/aoe physical damage boss abilities.

Do a RBG and stop, look around, and wonder why you are there. Ret's as of 4.3 lack a team utility that most other classes have making them more viable than Rets. I personally love the changes to Ret. As of right now Ret is #1 burst damage and the damage after that is of a DK which makes us on par with every other class which Ret lacked previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkiri View Post
    It wasn't physical before it was overall, it can never be a buff when it has one portion of damage type removed. Regardless still amazing since most raid damage truly is Magic.
    I never said it was only Physical before. But now it affects the user. I can't wait to use it in a raid and see that it actually affects me for a change. It is MY spell cooldown.

Seems I missed a few, Oh well, Those fights have become so easy I ignore most mechanics now XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering that if you have a ton of Paladins in your raid comp, you will pretty much be immune to silences and have a really good damage reduction on a raid wide scale against pretty much any type of magic. A really cool utility spell, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirets View Post
    It provides some much needed utility, and also has other effects such as magic damage reduction.