Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Sure, why not, I have nothing better to do. And yes, I have nearly capped resistance on every piece of gear. So sue me, I wanted to see how much I could get.

This isn't the exact gear I had on earlier, but it's close enough. I have a little less vitality, but that's it.

And to everyone else, yeah, I killed Belial by going for a more dps oriented build. Switched to Mantra of Conviction, started dual wielding, and swapped out for the Air Ally. And yeah, I guess I can still farm well, but I just hate dropping mitigation in any way. And it annoyed me that I had couldn't do him in the spec that I can farm 95% of the rest of the game in. In fact, that still annoys me. If feel like I shouldn't have to swap out my spec to kill an Act 2 boss when I'm in almost full ilvl 63s.
    you have some EPIC gear, u playing on us> and grats on that gear I would smile

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freezymcgee View Post
    I did, 80 resist all + 60 element resist on every piece of gear would be 1540, so absolutely perfect gear would amount to 1540 + (0.2*1540) = 1848...

dosn't really make sense to me
    Yea doesn't make much sense to me either. I know we melee need high resistence all but isn't that a bit overkill? Sadly I have similar DPS to OP and so I will not be able to kill Belial anymore either and I'm in act II gear. Granted, I guess I could also lower my resistences a little and increase my DPS. I am also going to lose even more DPS due to losing IAS, guess the OP has that problem as well. I don't use Mantra of Healing though.

In all honesty I think it's good, means we melee can gear for more DPS and things will die quicker.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DTBA View Post
    Wonder how much it cost ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    is there just something grossly wrong with my build?
    Well, yes. The DPS. If you're hitting enrage, then you're not doing enough damage. It's really not any more complicated than that.

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Wonder how much it cost ^^
    haha yea o IF he only would give it away for free;D

You have a shit load of resists but you do know they will diminish like fuck after about 1.1 - 1.2k ? Also your vitality is low as fuck for a tank.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I just wanted to point out that although he does indeed have an enrage, being a tanky spec/class on the low side of dps and not being able to beat the enrage didn't mean you couldn't kill the boss, which is what I think your title and post imply. Not so much 'hey Kripp can do it so anyone can'.

If you swapped resist out for more vitality you will gain alot more EHP.

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 08:46 AM ----------

You also said your problem was enrage timers ? Drop resist for more dps stats.

Enrages aren't really the death sentence they are in WoW. For most bosses you can keep going past the enrage; you just need to pay a bit more attention and avoid more stuff.

It's how I got my first Butcher kills on my Monk: stacked defenses, tanked through the fire and used cooldowns cleverly to survive. It'll work similarly for the later bosses too, I'm sure.

That said, more DPS can never hurt, and that's simply way too much resistance. Nobody needs that much.

Repairs are expensive!

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    How much dps is needed for kulle/belial now? (barb)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcinder View Post
    If you swapped resist out for more vitality you will gain alot more EHP.

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 08:46 AM ----------

You also said your problem was enrage timers ? Drop resist for more dps stats.
    He is a bit on the low side, even for a Monk, and he definitely could use more VIT but at this point, with his resistences, he could also get more DEX as that gives armour and DPS for Monks (provided that he has the Seize the Initiative passive which pretty much all Monks have). He also really should switch Mantra with those resistences to Mantra of Evasion with the Hard Target rune which is another 20% armour. However I'm fairly sure he knows all this, and his post is just a hyperbole to make a point that's not really a point.

It's a new patch, and we need to adept. Ranged has it harder now, cause they might need to re-gear even more.
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2012-06-20 at 08:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nye View Post
    Your "DpS reorientation" for farming act II seems a bit timid tbh. My monk is doing fine in act 2 with 8k armor, 900 resists, 24k HP, 600 LoH, 1.7 ApS, 18k DpS (no 15% buff), 50% dodge (incl. 3s mantra effect) and as skills Crippling-20%/Wind-Ally/Evasion/BoH15%/Serenity-Heal/Bladestorm/Resolve/OwE/Seize
    See this is what I don't understand. Where are you even FINDING this gear that gives you those stats? My monk cleared act 2 with less than 5k armor, 550 resists, and 10.5k dps. My LoH was pretty much the same. I didn't do it like this because I'm a badass, I did it because I literally couldn't find and/or afford gear that was better. Naturally I brick walled at Act 3 with these stats. I kept finding gear that would increase one area (example resists) but would tank my dps. Or if it had resists and dps, it brought my HP dangerously low (15k in Act 3 >) Did you find that gear on the AH? How much was it? One of the most frustrating things for me about D3 is everyone telling me about their stats and me being totally unable to match them and thus clear content. Where are you people finding this gear with everything on it, and more importantly how much time are you having to dedicate to grinding to afford it? /tableflip

Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    If you have fresh level 60 barb/monk, you are basically forced to RMAH
    Yeah, or DH or WD or Wiz. And if you think this is an accident, I have a bridge to sell you.

D3 is different from WoW: With no subscription costs, everyone who plays but doesn't RMAH costs Activision money in bandwidth and server hardware usage. Being the moneygrubbing vampiric bloodsuckers that they are, they're actively trying to make legitimate players leave so that the only people using their servers are bots and the real-money suckers they sell to - this way profit per user is maximized.

D3 isn't a video game, it's a cash cow thinly veiled as a video game. And the veil needn't be any thicker - once you pay them $60 it's a done deal and they can proceed to screw you by forcing you to RMAH or quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcinder View Post
    You have a shit load of resists but you do know they will diminish like fuck after about 1.1 - 1.2k ? Also your vitality is low as fuck for a tank.
    Common misconception. Resists and armor never diminish, they get exponentially better the more of them you have. The rate that they convert to a percentage diminishes. These two factors balance each other to create a linear scaling.

While my vitality is low, it actually doesn't matter. I'm not dieing to spike damage, and all my heals are flat. More health would just make me tick down slower in a fight, it wouldn't actually help me sustain. Though I normally have a little more vit. I decided to go screw around on my Barb for a day or so, so I switched out some of my better vitality gems.

If I was a Barb, my low health pool would be a much bigger issue, since a LOT of their heals are % based. It's why you see people like Kripp running around with 70-90k HP. The bigger holes in my gear are my lack of life on hit, attack speed, and life per spirit spent. And I'll get around to fixing that whenever I start to care enough.

Either way, I didn't ask for a critique of my gear, I was just posting a screenshot because people didn't believe that I actually had over 1800 resist.

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 10:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DTBA View Post
    Thank you for the compliment, and yes, I play on US.

I cba to make my own thread, but I have similar problem, killed belial np before patch and now it's impossible, got 32k dps and 26k hp (WD). I can dodge his attacks and explosions, but what changed, is the direction his breath starts from. Before the patch it would start from the side I was on, thus not hitting me. Now it starts from his right side, going all the way to the end of his left side, onehitting me, yay -_-
    Last edited by Reyzzz; 2012-06-20 at 10:49 AM.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    I cba to make my own thread, but I have similar problem, killed belial np before patch and now it's impossible, got 32k dps and 20k hp (WD). I can dodge his attacks and explosions, but what changed, is the direction his breath starts from. Before the patch it would start from the side I was on, thus not hitting me. Now it starts from his right side, going all the way to the end of his left side, onehitting me, yay -_-
    Just use spirit walk? o_O

Quote Originally Posted by bossmonster View Post
    Just use spirit walk? o_O
    It ends instantly, which results me taking dmg from breath.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    It ends instantly, which results me taking dmg from breath.
    If you rune it to last 3 seconds you should be able to start it earlier, run towards and through it, before it reaches the position where you started.

Other than that, his breath is his least damaging ability - just get a little resist / hp to survive it. Pure glass cannon is not really the way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you could swap the mantra to conviction for some extra DPS?
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-