Poll: Have you cashed put?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Have You "Cashed Out" Yet?

One of the best known features of the new RMAH is that it allows players to effectively "Cash Out" of the game when they are altogether finished with it.

For example, someone might play to Inferno or perhaps even beat Inferno and decide that they are no longer interested in playing the game. To compensate themselves for their time, they are able to sell all of their primary gear for real money via Paypal (or Blizzard bucks, for those who are interested in investing in other Blizzard games and such). In my humble opinion, this is the greatest feature of the new RMAH, allowing players to "pay themselves back" for their playtime in a sense.

So, have you "Cashed Out" yet? Will you ever?
    Last edited by Callace; 2012-06-20 at 02:09 AM.

Yes, the day the RMAH came out. I finished Inferno with my Barbarian a couple weeks prior to that, and was just fooling around with a 2 Handed build farming pony level.
    The gear I sold out was basically:

Sold everything (plus an awesome tank amulet) but Blackthorne's Medal so far. Made a little over $2000 (after PayPal taxes).
    Most of the sales are displayed here:

I'm still playing a bit of Hardcore tho.

wow >_> that is a lot of money lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariakan View Post
    Yes, the day the RMAH came out. I finished Inferno with my Barbarian a couple weeks prior to that, and was just fooling around with a 2 Handed build farming pony level.
    The gear I sold out was basically:

Sold everything (plus an awesome tank amulet) but Blackthorne's Medal so far. Made a little over $2000 (after PayPal taxes).
    Most of the sales are displayed here:

I'm still playing a bit of Hardcore tho.
    You sir, won the fucking game. Many congratulations and happy tidings to you.

Except that half of his transactions are pending, cancelled or failed. So it's about half what he claimed, assuming it's legit.

Lots of stolen CC's are buying stuff for the 250 on RMAH. Just like the guy above. Half of those are failed. Because of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by counterhero View Post
    Lots of stolen CC's are buying stuff for the 250 on RMAH. Just like the guy above. Half of those are failed. Because of it.
    It looks like he made quite a bit of money from the ones that went through. I don't doubt him much.

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 02:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Except that half of his transactions are pending, cancelled or failed. So it's about half what he claimed, assuming it's legit.
    It could be he relisted the rest successfully though, the SS was from a few days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    You sir, won the fucking game. Many congratulations and happy tidings to you.
    Thanks. I got really excited about it, it's quite some money for a college student living in Brazil. ($2000 translates to roughly R$4000, and the minimum wage here is about R$600).

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Just for you of little faith, the new top part:

Quote Originally Posted by counterhero View Post
    I was wondering why I got the 3 or so failed sales, but they all completed successfully now. Only Blackthorne left to sell.
    Last edited by Darklurker; 2012-06-20 at 02:51 AM.

Thanks. I got really excited about it, it's quite some money for a college student living in Brazil. ($2000 translates to roughly R$4000, and the minimum wage here is about R$600).

Just for you of little faith, the new top part:

I was wondering why I got the 3 or so failed sales, but they all completed successfully now. Only Blackthorne left to sell.

I had a bul'kathos weddingband with like identical stats scammed from me in a trade with someone that was spam removing/accepting so it looked like they accepted the trade first. So sad to see it worth that much.

I should really keep pressing to get to that point where I can get stuff like that. :P
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    I should really keep pressing to get to that point where I can get stuff like that. :P
    For us mere mortals with full time jobs and *ahem* caring girlfriends to worry about, we'll be far too late even if we get that kind of gear. Anyone willing to spend that much on the RMAH has probably already done so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightshark View Post
    For us mere mortals with full time jobs and *ahem* caring girlfriends to worry about, we'll be far too late even if we get that kind of gear. Anyone willing to spend that much on the RMAH has probably already done so.
    I agree that the prices have probably seen their zenith and will only continue to diminish over time.

Still waiting

Wow some of you guys have really cashed in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Still waiting

Wow some of you guys have really cashed in.
    I should have made the poll a payscale instead of a motive scale. I think it would have been more interesting.

Deleted
    partially. I can't link paypal to my battlenet account due to the country I live in (paypals fault), but I do plan on maxing out my battlenet balance within the next few days and say farewell to d3 for the time being. All in all it's not a bad tradeoff. Had some fun playing for ~150 hours which is a lot more than your average game nowadays and I basically get the next 4 or 5 blizz games for free.

I have about 30 items or so for various classes which are pretty good (ilvl 62/63) and am planning to just sell everything. I dont expect to sell them at 250 per like the guy who posted an image cause i feel like everything has already taken a hit in prices. Therefore ill probably sell each for 50-100 and hope to get atleast 1.5-2k by the time i quit. This process will take me a week so lets hope it pays out ^^

Oh in the mean time i will be farming 20 min 5 stack azmo runs for atleast 3-4 hours a day so hopefully i can collect more items and make up for the $$ i dont make from my previous items. i really want to hit 2k from this game as me and a friend are betting that i wont. If i do though however, i get another $300 from him =p If i dont i owe him 150 ><

nice i only sold some armor for 6 euro lols.Bought some 1200 dps 2h for my barb with it.

The gear I sold out was basically.

truly amazing. how many hours have you invested in that character?

Yeah, like 80eur worth of stuff, mainly like 5-10eur per item.
    I don't think however EU saw any massive 250 eur sales. The highest actual bid I've seen is 80 eur range on some insane weapon.

I think everyone in the UK/EU wants access to the money bag players in the USA