Thread: RMAH tips?

15+ Year Old Account

RMAH tips?

Hey guys,

So I did quite well with the RMAH over the weekend (US) and made around $110 USD. However, now nothing is selling. Im still pricing the same (a few $ below) and I am selling desirable items. They just aren't going now, I haven't sold anything in the past two days. Does anyone have any tips that they use when listing on the RMAH?

With the recent attack speed nerf im sure people are waiting till they figure out whats best in stat weight before they make any purchases. I myself sold a lot of godly attack speed gear i was using a few days beforehand simply because they arent as powerful now.

Give it a few days things should get more stable
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

I was going to make a new thread but I just have some general RMAH related questions if you guys can spare some short answers. I just finished playing through nightmare with a friend. Does any of the gear dropping from that difficulty/levels sell on the RMAH? If so, how much could I expect? 5? 10? 50$? What gear actually sells, statwise. I've hear attack speed is highly sought after, but just some general tips so I know what not to throw away?
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. - George Bernard Shaw

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arinth View Post
    I was going to make a new thread but I just have some general RMAH related questions if you guys can spare some short answers. I just finished playing through nightmare with a friend. Does any of the gear dropping from that difficulty/levels sell on the RMAH? If so, how much could I expect? 5? 10? 50$? What gear actually sells, statwise. I've hear attack speed is highly sought after, but just some general tips so I know what not to throw away?
    Its tough to say at that level, I only deal in level 60 gear. You could try posting stuff, but only for a few bucks (doesn't hurt, won't cost you anything).

Attack speed got nerfed, some uber low level weapons could sell for ~3-4$ or if you are patient enough and find a nut to buy them for even more, but you'd need real patience for that. Other than that, the only remotely interesting stuff from nightmare could be some +experience gear with DpS stats on it. Other than that it's gear you only use for a few hours and you don't need it since the content at that difficulty level is really easy anyway.

I wouldn't recommend selling that low level gear, chances are high you won't sell any of it there. The gold auction house would be a better place, think of some low prices like 20-30k or so.

Thanks. Another thing, is there any way to set up the authenticator if I dont have a smart phone? (short of buying the physical one, that is.) Since one cannot use the RMAH without an authenticator, and I dont have a app/smart phone, am I pretty much out of luck unless I buy the physical authenticator from Blizz?
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. - George Bernard Shaw

Deleted
    Thanks. Another thing, is there any way to set up the authenticator if I dont have a smart phone? (short of buying the physical one, that is.) Since one cannot use the RMAH without an authenticator, and I dont have a app/smart phone, am I pretty much out of luck unless I buy the physical authenticator from Blizz?
    Yes! just order one dude its like 3$.
    Also you will need to activate the sms alert on your mobile to receive some 1 time activation codes via text message but thats free and works even with older phones.

No, you're not. There are several software versions. Look up winauth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Yes! just order one dude its like 3$.
    Also you will need to activate the sms alert on your mobile to receive some 1 time activation codes via text message but thats free and works even with older phones.
    No, he isn't, and the price varies by location. I don't think the physical one is ever cheaper than ~$6 though anyway.