World pvp dead.....not on the server I am on.

I have seen many people say world pvp is dead and I do agree for most servers it is, but I just started on Kil'Jaeden US and OMG there's fricken xroad raids. Almost everyday there is some kind of pvp there. This is something I haven't seen since......sometime in Wrath lol. People complain and complain about this issue yet how is it on this server world pvp at least in some places seems to be alive and kicking. Is world pvp really something that is dead or dying due to Blizzard or the players themselves? It seems to me, at least on this server that world pvp is going well and it is the players themselves that have been killing it on other servers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank you, your post just further confirms the point that the people who want to be involved in world pvp will do it, and the people that don't can mount and gtfo just like it has always been.

Exactly a point I make frequently.
    It was the wow community that hurt world pvp more than anything blizzard did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Exactly a point I make frequently.
    It was the wow community that hurt world pvp more than anything blizzard did.

they stoped dismounting flying people. so taht pretty much killed a hard amount of world pvp with flight everywhere.

i remember back in 2005 though playing a pally and getting jumped by a priest warlock combo near tarren mill, and losing to fear through world. wasnt fun but eh lolz.

i regularly /pvp outside raids and start a riot outside of raids when waiting for raid to form 30 minutes before. always gets some people to fight

10+ Year Old Account
    World PvP is dead and what you fail to mention is that im sure both sides had people always escaping or messing around on their flying mounts... It's not fun to world pvp, when all the enemy does is run away and mount up. Atleasts in vanilla you could chase them down on their ground mounts which took more than 1.5 seconds to cast. Regardless of what you're experiencing, it's nothing close to what it was like back in vanilla, world pvp was all over the place and no one was running off on their flying mounts.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    World PvP is dead and what you fail to mention is that im sure both sides had people always escaping or messing around on their flying mounts... It's not fun to world pvp, when all the enemy does is run away and mount up. Atleasts in vanilla you could chase them down on their ground mounts which took more than 1.5 seconds to cast. Regardless of what you're experiencing, it's nothing close to what it was like back in vanilla, world pvp was all over the place and no one was running off on their flying mounts.
    Shes dead jack you have to move on just let her go...

I love world pvp. There isn't anything more fun in the game for me. I play on Emerald Dream U.S. and there's a ton of wpvp going on all the time. Best part is that faction balance is really good and each side puts up a fight. Every single night there's a raid on sw and org, and other places out it he world.

Kinda hard to run away from a group of 10-15 allies and visa versa. Also from what I saw, it didn't look like most of them decided to mount and actually fought. Is this vanilla world pvp, no but it is still some kind of world pvp regardless. There is a difference between something dead and something different. If world pvp was dead, somehow I must have imagined 10-15 allies coming in and trying to wreck up xroads with the barrens chat trying to organize a group to attack them back. I have never seen this on any other server I have played on in a LONG time. Not on Illidan, Stormreaver, Nordrassil, etc Is it the kind of world pvp back in the day, no, but like I said, it is still world pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    Kinda hard to run away from a group of 10-15 allies and visa versa. Also from what I saw, it didn't look like most of them decided to mount and actually fought. Is this vanilla world pvp, no but it is still some kind of world pvp regardless. There is a difference between something dead and something different. If world pvp was dead, somehow I must have imagined 10-15 allies coming in and trying to wreck up xroads with the barrens chat trying to organize a group to attack them back. I have never seen this on any other server I have played on in a LONG time. Not on Illidan, Stormreaver, Nordrassil, etc Is it the kind of world pvp back in the day, no, but like I said, it is still world pvp.
    Stop calling it world PvP when you obviously don't know what world PvP is... if you played back in vanilla, you'd know what world PvP is and you'd know whether or not it's dead... this event that you experienced was small and random. I've server jumped for a long time trying to find a server who does plenty of world PvP, but none of them do. No one has any reason to leave the cities aside from questing, so you're stuck traveling to enemy cities. Even if you do go to a city, no one is going to be flagged unless they /pvp'd, but even if you are that lucky, you'll have to face that one person and the ten random guards that spawn as soon as you hit him. World PvP is dead whether you want to believe it or not... Back in vanilla, there were fights at countless cities and little towns. You could spend a whole day watching /local defense and killing off any attacking horde/alliance.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Stop calling it world PvP when you obviously don't know what world PvP is... if you played back in vanilla, you'd know what world PvP is and you'd know whether or not it's dead... this event that you experienced was small and random. I've server jumped for a long time trying to find a server who does plenty of world PvP, but none of them do. No one has any reason to leave the cities aside from questing, so you're stuck traveling to enemy cities. Even if you do go to a city, no one is going to be flagged unless they /pvp'd, but even if you are that lucky, you'll have to face that one person and the ten random guards that spawn as soon as you hit him. World PvP is dead whether you want to believe it or not... Back in vanilla, there were fights at countless cities and little towns. You could spend a whole day watching /local defense and killing off any attacking horde/alliance.
    World pvp.....I believe it means world player vs player where a player fights another player of the opposite faction in the world. Unless there is a different definition of this, I believe I am right. Wow very hard to not figure out what world pvp is. It seems to me you missed the FACT that I said

"Is this vanilla world pvp, no but it is still some kind of world pvp regardless."

Regardless of what you say, players were FIGHTING each other in the world from the opposite factions. There were corpses, people trying to get into a group to fight back, the fact that there was 10-15 allies attacking one place where the only lvl 85 npc I can see is the flight master. Again I will say this, is this old school WoW world pvp, no it is not. Hell, you can even say "the world pvp that I knew and love is dead" that works fine. There isn't ANYTHING wrong with that statement To state that world pvp, you know, the act of one or many players fighting against one or many players of another faction in the world is dead, then some how I must have taken some drugs and imagined everything I saw in xroads. This has been happening almost everyday since I been in xroads, seeing allies, seeing "Crossroads is being attacked" over and over again. These are sights I haven't seen in years. Could this be some half assed world pvp, ok sure why not, but it goes to show that it isn't Blizzard, but the players that are the ones who are killing pvp. These allies didn't have to raid xroads, but they did and have been doing so. Paiid there just backs up what I have been saying as I guess on his server world pvp seems to be going on there too.
    Last edited by Theendgamelv3; 2012-06-20 at 08:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    On my server (khaz'goroth - oceanic) horde are frequently messing around in Elwyyn forest and attacking goldshire. Alliance are always forming groups and messing around killing people at the gates of Org while waiting in a bg queue etc. World PVP is still there, it's just not what it used to be and hopefully Mists changes that.
    "Far left is communism, far right is Anarchy, be aware that you do not stray to far either way”
    "If we are confronted with differences in opinion, the chemicals that are released in the brain are the same ones that try to ensure our survival in dangerous situations."

Hey almighty vanilla player . If it isn't "vanilla world PvP" with 100 clueless people vs another 100 clueless people it's still considered World PvP . Ofc it won't get back to the same but it's still world PvP