Poll: Yea or Nay?

[Suggestion] Glyph of Arc-Fire Bolt

Arc-Fire Bolt

Concept
    Make a cooler looking nuke. Take the fusion idea of FrostFire Bolt and apply it to Fire to create a Fire/Arcane Bolt. Visuals are at the end.

Reason:
    We all hate our tiny out main nuke looks. Why not make our main Nuke, Atomic?

Description:
    Empower your Fireball with pure Arcane Energy.

(Optional)
    Each cast enlarges the Arc-Fireball up to 4 times. Half the size of FrostFire once Pyroblast is cast the "Firepower" is burnt out and its size returns to normal.
    This would add an Arcane Blast feel to Fireball without necessarily increasing damage. (If it did it would have to be a new spell)

Visual:

Bright Red Torpedo with a tail

Or

Lens Flare Ball of Death

(edit - If no Flame Orb, it would definitely look more powerful )

Only source I could think of for what I had in mind.

Yea or Nay?

I'll stop making these when they stop being fun.
    Last edited by Lastlivingsoul; 2012-06-21 at 01:33 AM.

Seems kind of cool, maybe the size could correspond to your arcane charges... wait, this is for fire spec isn't it?

ANyway my main point is that I think they're removing flame orb and only frost orb survived. A shame, I would have loved to see a skyfall star type orb for arcane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive always loved the idea of mixing magic, prob why I like FrostFire Bolt so much,

Love the idea, would never see it happening though, we can still dream
    Pokemon X/Y Friend Code: 1762-4021-4202
    My Safari = *Currently Unknown*
    Currently looking for Eevee/Growlithe Friend Safaris
    Feel free to Add/PM me for anything Pokemon

Deleted
    Idea seems very cool.

Also, just a nitpick, but when Arcane is fused with another school, it becomes the 'spell' prefix. In this case it would be Spellfire bolt or Spellfire Blast.

Why not just use frost fire bolt.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    +10 for using the Enterprise as a basis! The visual increasing without a damage increase might confuse/scare a lot of people in PvP.

Although, Arcane is more whitish blue-purple nowadays... Maroonfire? o.O Still, an awesome idea. MoP could use a LOT more variety in some areas, like Minor aesthetics.

Also, Gamdwelf, aside from FFB not including the purepackedawesome of Arcane, it also needs a major glyph to be competitive with Fireball.

Will it need the glyph in MoP? If so most major glyphs in MoP are used that way anyway, they are kind of utility/mechanic changing glyphs.

and FFB is kinda purple because of the red and blue.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

15+ Year Old Account
    Id like an minor glyph that combined different school of spells as: frost/arcane, fire/arcane, frost/fire (current frostfire bolt gets removed) and those spells replace our core spells as frostbolt, arcaneblast and fireball but just changes the LOOK and not how they work and their dmg
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Id like an minor glyph that combined different school of spells as: frost/arcane, fire/arcane, frost/fire (current frostfire bolt gets removed) and those spells replace our core spells as frostbolt, arcaneblast and fireball but just changes the LOOK and not how they work and their dmg
    This could have implications in pvp though.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

More visuals are always cool, I don't expect it to happen though

I like this idea, but I don't like the idea of splitting it into a different number of spells, like the shadow bolt glyph warlocks are getting in MoP. Seems like it could be a damage loss, though I couldn't tell you for sure, but the way the crits work, it could go either way.

$0.02

The Warlock Shadow Bolt glyph, due to its interaction with crit, actually maths out to a very very tiny DPS increase rather than a decrease.
    A multi-hit nuke wouldn't work for Fire though because of Hot Streak.

Deleted
    Call it the Glyph of Arcane Balls, and have it affect Fireball and Flame Orb.

I prefer a Throw Image glyph! When we cast our main nuke while Mirror Image is active, we throw images that hug the target instead.