Poll: You vote here.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    Vrykul maybe..iof you take ogre's for horde then Vrykul for alliance.(but still they wouldn't like it)
    Well, seing as the new Lich king is an ex-alliance (fordragon), it could work.

Horde makes a pact with the ogres, -> Fordragon sees this on his frozen throne, -> orders his vrykul armies to join the alliance to keep up the balance between the two factions, or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think they'd do high elves, there just isn't a niche (or as Metzen would say "A big hook") for them as both sides have elves already.

Likeswise, I don't see Furbolg making it either. Their isn't much of a niche for them we've enough mammal humanoid player races in game (Wolf, Cow, Panda Bear, we don't need to add Brown/Black Bear to that).

The only one on that list that is a slam dunk is Ogres as a player race for the Horde, I'd go as far as saying if I told myself from 7 years ago ogres still would NOT be a player race for horde in 2013 I'd be shocked.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Arakkoa definitely! I've been wanting them to be playable ever since I saw them They look awesome in my opinion. Plus they already have practically all character emotes already in game without the sounds of course.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    You had to read 3-4 replies to the thread to see how naga could be added to the Alliance easily.
    We agree that the Nagas, as a race, as a faction and as a major players in the history of Azeroth that they are, should be playable, and that whatever may seem to go against it or impede it (like their body morphology) can be remedied by Blizzard through an elegant way as it has done hundreds of times with other matters just as tricky like that. In fact there are more arguments in support of the Naga as a playable race that arguments against: think of their originality as a race, they have their own architecture, their own cities, their capital, their culture, their relations with other races and, in fact, if I remember, they were a playable faction in the Warcraft 3.

But why do you insist on trying to fit the Nagas in the Alliance? Recall that the nagas and the night elves are bitter enemies and remember as there is a strong bond of the nagas with the blood elves... I personally see more likely that the Nagas become part of the Horde before the Alliance.

But what will happen? Well, the Nagas will be a playable race, but unfortunately they will be a neutral race, as the Pandaren... The neutral races never should have been inserted in a game like World of Warcraft ...

Nagas for the Horde - Pandaren for the Alliance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    We agree that the Nagas, as a race, as a faction and as a major players in the history of Azeroth that they are, should be playable, and that whatever may seem to go against it or impede it (like their body morphology) can be remedied by Blizzard through an elegant way as it has done hundreds of times with other matters just as tricky like that. In fact there are more arguments in support of the Naga as a playable race that arguments against: think of their originality as a race, they have their own architecture, their own cities, their capital, their culture, their relations with other races and, in fact, if I remember, they were a playable faction in the Warcraft 3.

But why do you insist on trying to fit the Nagas in the Alliance? Recall that the nagas and the night elves are bitter enemies and remember as there is a strong bond of the nagas with the blood elves... I personally see more likely that the Nagas become part of the Horde before the Alliance.

But what will happen? Well, the Nagas will be a playable race, but unfortunately they will be a neutral race, as the Pandaren... The neutral races never should have been inserted in a game like World of Warcraft ...

Nagas for the Horde - Pandaren for the Alliance
    Naga please!

Naga--->Alliance, Ogre--->Horde
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Ogres, centaur, naga, ethereals, and vrykul would all make me very happy.
    When there is nothing left to burn, you have to set yourself on fire.

Ogres for the horde, I am still surprised that the horde got forsaken rather than a bunch of ogres.

The alliance could get either dark trolls (since they joined up with the night elves at the end of warcraft III and we're ignoring the RPG (yay)) or furbolg (longstanding allies of the night elves).
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

Arakkoa, go get the trinket that turns you into one, and channel any ability, it looks hilarious.

Ethereal should've made the list!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Naga please!

Naga--->Alliance, Ogre--->Horde
    Yees, Nagas and Ogres must be playables of course!! But, honestly, do any of them fit in Alliance? NO! Nagas and Ogres playable races for the Hooorde!

And what happens to the Alliance? Well, the Alliance should have the High Elves, and the Pandaren should not be neutral, should be of the Alliance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Yees, Nagas and Ogres must be playables of course!! But, honestly, do any of them fit in Alliance? NO! Nagas and Ogres playable races for the Hooorde!

And what happens to the Alliance? Well, the Alliance should have the High Elves, and the Pandaren should not be neutral, should be of the Alliance!
    I just don't see your Naga/Horde connection. We aren't talking about Naga in general here, it'd be a small group of them as the vast majority are still thralls of Azshara and by proxy N'Zoth. We can all agree on that. That if & when Naga become a player race it'd be a small faction of them (unless we kill Azshara & N'Zoth, then who knows what'll happen to the remaining Naga).

You talk of a Blood Elf/Naga connection, but there isn't one. At least not with the player race of BEs. There was one because of Illidan but he and the group of BEs/Nagas there were allied with him are all dead. If anythign Naga would be less likely to work with player BEs now because their betrayal (player BEs working against/killiing them) is still realatively fresh in their minds (at least compared when the Naga and NEs split 10k years ago).

Beyond that what do the Horde have to offer the Naga? Not much unless the Naga are just bloodthisty killers who STILL want to kill NEs by the bushel, and even then, why join the horde to do that? They've been doing that on their own for 10k years.

While on the otherhand if this faction of Naga are trying to redeem themselves and bring down Azshara/N'Zoth (which IMO is far more likely) they would seek out their ancestral brothers & sisters and try to make amends. Which I think with faction leaders like Malfurion, Tyrande and Valen makes for a much more likely story of redemption.

High elves aren't going to be a player race. They have no wow factor, nothing new or differnt. They are just elves, of which there are plenty on both factions.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    I'm all for Naga, but Harpy, Arakkoa and Ethereals could be interesting!
    Ogre should be Horde already, and soon or later they will be, eheh
    Tow headed ogre mage/shaman/warlock

Alliance: Trolls

Horde: Trolls

You just cant have enough trolls in your WARCRAFT!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    High elves aren't going to be a player race. They have no wow factor, nothing new or differnt. They are just elves, of which there are plenty on both factions.
    They also hold the distinction of being the only race in the game Blizzard has ever categorically said no to, so yeah. Probably not going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ogre makes complete sense as a new horde races <voice "forrest gump">They go together like peas and carrots</voice>. Vykrul would be a really col Alliance race, the dark huge brutes of the Vykrul tasked to protect the kings. The Vykrul always remind me of the Urgals in Eragon

I think Ogre would be a great addition to the horde, I've been hoping for that for a while now .

Deleted
    Always loved the idea of a Val'kyr race! Anything new and interesting would be great though!

Deleted
    My number one choice wasn't on the poll, so I picked Vrykul. The other would be Satyr.

Deleted
    I would actually love to play a Hozen, and that would be on the Horde side. Sure, I would like to see High Elves on the Alliance, but I can't see it happen from a lore view... According to the lore most high elves were killed during the scourge invasion of Quel'Thalas, and the majority of those who did survive started to call themself Blood Elves, to have the High Elves as a playable race would most likely make them way to many compared to how many they are in the lore.
    So for Alliance I think I say furbolg, due to their ties with the Nigh Elves and the Draenei in their start zone.

How about some sort of robots?
    Gnomish engineering robots for the alliance and Goblin engineering for the horde!