Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

DH is officially RUINED

So 1.0.3 have ruined the Demonhunter class to oblivion.
    I'm at act4 Inferno. Pre patch you could not rely on survivvability but you could at least glass canon your way through content.
    But after all the nerfs:
    1) My damage is drastically deceased making it much longer to kill stuff which ultimately increase the risk of getting hit.
    AS nerf, NT nerf. damn thoose things ruined the dps.
    2) I'm still getting oneshotted by most mobs Oppessors, Corrupt Angles to name a few. Not to mention elites. And since Smoke screen is not long enough to kill mobs, due to point 1). I'm sure oneshotted.
    3) The repaircost have incresed to 4 or 5 times the original cost. In a combination with undodgable oneshotting REGULAR mobs, the repaircost for the most squishy class ingame makes it extremly undesireable to play.

I cant describe my frustration in words. Way to go Blizzard. Ruining a whole class is a little too much tbh. If they going to wreck glass cannon DH, the least thing they could do is to give us a viable survival setup.
    Last edited by mmoc410448ef5d; 2012-06-20 at 08:29 AM.

Deleted
    I understand the frustration, but I started to gear my DH with less and less IAS lately and started gearing more towards resist. I can actually take a hit now (1 though) in Act III Inferno (before patch, haven't tried after). The nerf to our floating tentacles of doom shouldn't have been a surprise really, since it was completely OP. You'll have to change the way you play and gear, but you'll be able to kill stuff again in a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by studkaw View Post
    So 1.0.3 have ruined the Demonhunter class to oblivion.
    I'm at act4 Inferno. Pre patch you could not rely on survivvability but you could at least glass canon your way through content.
    But after all the nerfs:
    1) My damage is drastically deceased making it much longer to kill stuff which ultimately increase the risk of getting hit.
    AS nerf, NT nerf. damn thoose things ruined the dps.
    2) I'm still getting oneshotted by most mobs Oppessors, Corrupt Angles to name a few. Not to mention elites.
    3) The repaircost have incresed to 4 or 5 times the original cost. In a combination with undodgable oneshotting REGULAR mobs, the repaircost for the most squishy class ingame makes it extremly undesireable to play.

I cant describe my frustration in words. Way to go Blizzard. Ruining a whole class is a little too much tbh.
    Im guessing to make the accusation that DH is ruined you have already tried regearing for resists and vitality and tried a more survival orientated spec? Blizz hasnt ruined the class, they have just tried to make it more fair (and realistic). If you are a really good glass cannon player you can still play that way. If you where spending more time res running than playing the game that is what blizzard wanted to change.

Deleted
    I just wanna say this, and this echoes the previous poster somewhat;

Blizzard ruined the class the way YOU play it, right now. Not the entire class.

With a little time, theorycrafting, yaddidada and so on and so forth, I'm sure there will be viable ways of playing DH again.

It was pretty obvious that Blizzard was nerfing Glass Cannon builds this patch, and they did. You're still however trying to play Glass Cannon which isn't working anymore (as intended). Try gearing differently now, maybe Resist and Vitality is the way to go now? Who knows. Try something different instead of trying to faceroll everything and yelling at everyone else when you die.

Deleted
    Patch did hit DH pretty hard, but you should consider the idea that maybe you weren't meant to do act 4 with your current gear. If you got enough upgrades to get your DPS back up to par you should be fine again.

Of course I realize that's not much consolation to any DHs out there. I do think the entire design of a 1-shot glass cannon class is pretty flawed, especially with higher repair bills now. Kind of hoping they address that in 1.1 before my DH hits 60 (and WDs too to a lesser degree).

what did they do to nt? i missed it.
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you'll have to get some decent armor and resists post-patch.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinky View Post
    Im guessing to make the accusation that DH is ruined you have already tried regearing for resists and vitality and tried a more survival orientated spec? Blizz hasnt ruined the class, they have just tried to make it more fair (and realistic). If you are a really good glass cannon player you can still play that way. If you where spending more time res running than playing the game that is what blizzard wanted to change.
    Just out of curiosity, how do you avoid being hit by a mob who have a teleportationcharge ability that oneshot you. No matter how good you are, it is impossible to avoid. Corrupt angles are at least dodgeable with good reaction. But an ability that take no time to cast, can be cast from a distance and take no time to hit you. Can in no way be avoided.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikanaro View Post
    Basically, NT hitting the same target more than once was a bug. They fixed the bug. Consequently, NT no longer do the same huge damage (especially on mobs with a big hitbox) they used to do. That, coupled with IAS nerfs, renders NT much less powerful than they used to be.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aikanaro View Post
    NT only hit the same target once. Pre patch it could hit the same target multiple times.

i see, thats kinda lame, but it was pretty op before, is it nerfed bad enough that people are switching to a different ability now? if so any idea which one?
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by studkaw View Post
    Just out of curiosity, how do you avoid being hit by a mob who have a teleportationcharge ability that oneshot you. No matter how good you are, it is impossible to avoid. Corrupt angles are at least dodgeable with good reaction. But an ability that take no time to cast, can be cast from a distance and take no time to hit you. Can in no way be avoided.
    You don't. This game was never designed to make you dodge every single ability the enemy does. Monster damage was nerfed in inferno, so try gearing for resist and vitality instead, since Glass Cannon isn't viable anymore.

I levelled a DH and with bad gear it was still way too easy, not tried it since the patch but I don't think it's going to be ruined just means you will need to gear it like a ranged monk, getting some vit and resistances because most dh's neglected vit in favor of dps so what do they expect? every other class needs vit and res stats so why not dh's?

Attack speed does like 30% less or something? and NT was a bug that got fixed, hardly what I consider ruined and how can people honestly expect dh's to stay the same way? that shit was so easy and laughable I'm surprised it took this long to fix it. On the other hand dh's are hard to survive on and if we can't slow mobs we stand no chance and those small fasts mobs plus ones that teleport just gib my ass in seconds.

Deleted

Cool

cry more lol

just means u cant faceroll ur way throught the game

Ruined = not OP you mean? Greetings from post critical mass nerf wizard. Build HP and resists like very other class.

Problem is you have to gear totally differently now. Yes I feel your pain, logged on felt the dmg loss badly and then realised I will need to completely re-gear. The double nerf to atk speed and NT really hurts. You really can't play glass canon now. If anyone can show me a video post patch then sure. Obviously if someone can still get to like 250k with sharpshooter ok.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Natyala set and you become Immortal literlly go go

Go get the crossbow for all you care and nothing will kill you simply because your disc is 100% infinite

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    Natyala set and you become Immortal literlly go go

Go get the crossbow for all you care and nothing will kill you simply because your disc is 100% infinite
    Now now Alcatraz don't say that out loud, you know you will just be nerfed again, and I don't want another nerf to my Monk as collateral damage!

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post

Attack speed does like 30% less or something?
    50%.

Its pretty shitty, I switched to dh from my monk because I didn't like the idea of building full tanky. Now it seems they want us to be a ranged monk without nearly the same defensive capabilities.