Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    u guys are srsly fun that u even consider to regear for vitality and resist
    if i want to play a fckn melee that can tank hits i go play barb or monk i was already pissed about how sorc worked now dh too? rly?
    good that i already killed diablo in inferno with my dh so i dont care to much about the EAT nurf as its should still be good enough to farm pony lvl for other chars ...
    anf i f some 1 comes now arround the corner and tells me go kite diablo like forever hf do it u will need like 10m for p1 after those nurfs ;X as u cant just stand there take auto hits and if u could with resist gear your dmg woudl be arround 10k dps ? if its fun for u to be a tanky melee range ok but well not for me!
    if someone can understand a single word he just wrote tell me... cause im scratching my head trying to understand this XD

Unfortunately the nerf to DH has caused more harm to monks, DH are still viable but monks you going to need a lot of gold to get the gear needed to get through acts 3 and 4 now.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noujou View Post
    if someone can understand a single word he just wrote tell me... cause im scratching my head trying to understand this XD
    He doesn't wanna be a tanking range from what I have translated

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamCast View Post
    Unfortunately the nerf to DH has caused more harm to monks, DH are still viable but monks you going to need a lot of gold to get the gear needed to get through acts 3 and 4 now.
    They should be fine the nerfs to entire infernal Act II to IV should be compensate

So what's the "immortal" build for demon hunters? Link to talent calc would be nice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Still double of what I have.
    "Sandstone drake is only 38k, it's not much" For some people it is.
    It would take a lot of luck/help to put a 4pc together for 1.2million, but if in theory what you needed was 600k, you can get that by a couple playthroughs of act1. Looking at the AH now, I can't put even the worst 4pc Natalya's set together with buyouts for 4million, but that's not out of the range of saving up for yourself.

I already beat Inferno on my DH, and I very specifically wanted to get it done before the (overincreased) repair cost changes. I've played around some in acts 2 and 3, killed a couple champion packs, trying to figure out what skills to use now that Nether Tentacles aren't quite the balls of destruction they were. It's very nice to not get 1shot by any random thing; I really really hated the glass cannon playstyle as the focus required to not take any damage gets stressful.

So yeah, this patch sucked pretty hard for my DHs ability to melt things at the edge of their screen, but I expect once I adjust I'll enjoy playing him more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanni View Post
    So what's the "immortal" build for demon hunters? Link to talent calc would be nice.
    You need Natayala's set for it to work

+ Nightstalker ~
    + Tactical adventage
    + SS
    + Prep + backup plan
    + Archery ( Optional )
    + Insert your personal skills

The two I listed is what needed and obviously the 4 pc

The ring of the set is LITERALLY 10m-20m keep that in mind so you have to buy the x-bow or such and do garbage damage but it works It honestly works. I'm farming despite DESPITE it takes 10 years to kill things now

So in short - Natayala's set and the two abilities I have listed within your passive

Why your unkillable? because your disc is 100% Infinite spamming SS and Gloom+ Shadow

N O T H I N G can kill you unless your bad at running around and such
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-06-20 at 09:27 AM.

I don't think the class is ruined at all.. changed my build and actually enjoy it more now than pre-patch.

Nothing is ruined, DH were OPed and now they are balanced with the rest of us. Welcome to how we have been playing this game since launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    2012 and gamers still can't understand the difference between fix and nerf.

simple 1. U play a DH cause u want to be a DD and not a tank
    2. With tank build u wont do enough dmg to killl them before u are out of resources to kite most packs
    3. that means u have to be tanky enough to eat hits=thats what u do if u play a monk or a bard
    4. i already hate this principle on sorc
    5. i killed diablo in inferno already so i wont need to do him again but for those who havent have fun why?
    5.1 P1 So now u do about 33% of the dmg u did before if not lress (less IAS and no tripple hit tentacles on diablo)
    5.2 means u have to evade everything ok that isnt the big problem here but u also have to either evade all the auto hits or be tanky enough
    5.3 if u are tanky enough to tank auto hits ur dmg is even lower but atleast u dont have to perma run and can shoot a bit but yeah from a hard 3m p1 to a 10m p1 that isnt rly rewarding
    5.4 p2 the same have fun killing your clone even before diablo respawns and despawning clones is not a viable option for me!
    5.5 same goes with p3 so u will have to fight now for like 15m or so and every single mistake will most likely kill u have fun!
    6. in my opinion gearing for survibility isnt what a "hunter" is about and i play in every single game a hunter or hunter like class
    7. atleast my DH will be strong enough so i can farm inferno pony LvL for gear for my other characters
    8. as i dont need to kill any bosses more as they neither drop good items nor does they reward me anything else i am not to hurt by it but if i still had to kill lets say diablo in inferno i would be hard pissed

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    2012 and gamers still can't understand the difference between fix and nerf.
    Attackspeed is NERFED 50%
    NT is FIXED.
    Now MOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    snip
    Thank you! Got the natalya's set, gonna try this build in Act 3 Inferno now.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaraxia View Post
    *Yawn* Yeah, whatever... my friends with DH's were doing double my monk's damage for similar levels of gear. And since I had to actually stand in the melee shit to hit anything I still hit the ground before the DH glass cannons. I've lost DPS and life on hit (due to hitting less often) too, but went into act 2 today and could actually survive despite hitting for less.
    See, mindsets like this are why we can't have anything nice. How many games have you played where the tanky, melee class does comparable (or more, for that matter) damage than the designated dps classes? It was part of the mechanic of rolling a Demon Hunter - you trade off some survivability for extra output. But now that a few nerfs have hindered DH's output, they're in a sort of limbo right now with stat priorities and gearing. Whether or not they were overpowered doesn't justify Blizzard putting the RMAH into action and THEN nerfing a vital stat that let a class work one of the few ways that it could.

Quote Originally Posted by Alta87 View Post
    Nothing is ruined, DH were OPed and now they are balanced with the rest of us. Welcome to how we have been playing this game since launch.
    so u think that playing a glass cannon with not hardcore gear like athene with his 200k dps was harder then a good geared barb/monk?^^ ok dude u havenet cleared act 4 inferno yet. if i see my monk friend just tank everything and still surv (same goes for barbs look at kripperian) thats just destroying all the game mechs ;X but yeah otherwise it would be kinda unplayable but still the skill cap is alot lower then when u play a dh

Yo, try being a wizard who was 100% geared for the 4721 force armor spec in the first week. that was fun. well guess what, I/we survived, it sucked, we had to regear and redo all our shit, but things got back to normal quickly. so, just relearn your class, it's not hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanni View Post
    Thank you! Got the natalya's set, gonna try this build in Act 3 Inferno now.
    Keep in mind It's going to take YEARS to kill stuff but what is your choice? To die 21042040 times or survive without much repairs? Pick one

I choose the cheesing way of Immortality

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alta87 View Post
    The thing is, that every other class have some abilities/talents that can boost your Armor and Resistance or something alike.
    DH have only a 1.5 sec invicibility, thats it. The problem is that there is no other abilities in the DH arsenal that help tanking.

Welcome to every other class.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shadow Power/Gloom

And the turret bubble. Tanky DHs existed before this patch, and it's much easier now to achieve the required EH to be one, if that's your desire. Could there be a 25% increased resistances companion? Sure. Would anyone use it? probably not.
    Last edited by Mnevis; 2012-06-20 at 09:34 AM.