Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I just started making progress through act 2 yesterday. Got ZK down one shot but then got to belial. I kept hitting the enrage timer at about 45% in tank gear. 35% in half dps gear. It just doesnt seem possible right now for barbs. Either I have enough dps to kill him and cant live through a couple hits or I can survive everything and hit the enrage at 45%. I have about 9k dps 800-900 all resist and 46k health in tank gear.

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 12:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    why does evryone use sidearm?

i find that skill quite useless .. but maybe i missed something :|
    And I believe it is used alot since it does do decent dmg and the hits from it count towards life on hit.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

The procc results in extra heal via LoH and pretty good dps too.

Deleted
    Doing act 3 with

950 all ress
    10k dmg
    56k life
    9.5k amour
    700 life on hit

and so far only soul rippers seem dangerous to me. But that might change when i get a little more damage (Ias nerf, went from 13k to 10k)

Deleted

Sidearm: 25% chance to proc a 110% attack that hits multiple enemies.

Maniac: 4% dmg per stack, totalling 20% extra dmg if you can keep the stack up

Comparing the two, sidearm does more damage on single target and a lot more damage when theres more than 1 enemy. Additionally sidearm also procs LoH which again makes it even better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    They made that obvious enough with Nephalem stacks but the recent change they did (taking guaranteed rare from bosses and giving it to elites) literally makes zero sense. Bosses, the powerful, lorewise important characters are completely irrelevant and drop crap while randomly generated trash mobs hold the most loot.

I just can't wrap my head around this "logic"...
    Simple: The most efficient way to farm was STILL to do boss runs. Now it isn't anymore. Logical enough?
    Last edited by mmoc1f853858c0; 2012-06-20 at 12:49 PM.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enohpi View Post
    Doing act 3 with

950 all ress
    10k dmg
    56k life
    9.5k amour
    700 life on hit

and so far only soul rippers seem dangerous to me. But that might change when i get a little more damage (Ias nerf, went from 13k to 10k)
    Good to know, my stats are similar. How do you fare on bosses?

lols my barb is even more unplayable.Was clearing act 2 fine before patch and now i can't even kill 1 rare.940 resist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveaux View Post
    Simple: The most efficient way to farm was STILL to do boss runs. Now it isn't anymore. Logical enough?
    I see why Blizzard changed it, might seem, as you say, "logical enough" to them. I don't see the logic in bosses being what they are now, virtually nothing. They are only in the game for leveling. A joke.

In every game that exists most likely bosses are the most powerful creatures that hold the best/most loot. In Diablo? haha... Go farm randomly spawned and generated mobs.

Since the nerf from an Act 3 and 4 perspective; both have pretty much become a joke now. The range mobs hit for nothing, rares barely hurt and can stand in most things easily and take next to no damage.

Bosses I found easier too and their damage doesn't seem as bad (ie, Azmodan fireballs barely take 1/5 of my health now with no CD's). I think enrage could pose some issues for those building full tank with ~10k DPS, but rocking a tank sword and board build with 35k DPS and weapon master + ruthless, everything feels a lot easier now opposed to yesterday.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    lols my barb is even more unplayable.Was clearing act 2 fine before patch and now i can't even kill 1 rare.940 resist.
    How can this be possible? The damage/hp of the mobs was nerfed. This patch is particularly good for melee who can swap out some defense for more DPS.

Deleted
    Was pretty much stuck in act 3 with my barb before, on the bridge just before Siegebreaker.
    Could have gotten further, but it just wasn't much fun.
    Now Blood Warrior's don't have a knockback anymore, Heralds of Pestilence hit like a wet noodle, so you can actually heral through everything there really easy, and i don't have much LoH (like 74 lol).
    White mobs simply overwhelmed you before, if you didn't have enough DPS, now i can pull the whole battlefield together basicly.
    Went through Siegebreaker and Cydea before i had to go, they don't pose any danger even with an enrage timer, i got 20k DPS and had no issues.
    They hit like wet noodles too, 4-5k hits lol
    Still died quite a lot of times to annoying packs with things like nightmarish and invunerable minion's.
    I don't run WotB atm, so nightmarish is actually one of the worst affixes you can get, since not beeing able to activly heal you when you want will simply kill you after a while.
    So i had 5 stacks running for like 20 rare/champ packs and both bosses but got nothing aside from repcosts, made like - 100k gold XD
    Once you have decent gear to farm tho, you will never get close to dying anymore really, the difference is like day and night.

Quote Originally Posted by Winkle View Post
    How can this be possible? The damage/hp of the mobs was nerfed. This patch is particularly good for melee who can swap out some defense for more DPS.
    No clue how.7k armor,940 resist,44k hp and i was stillg getting raped by lucani/wasps lols.

My Current Stat, Weapon and Build. Solo, no Sorc, Warcry(Impunity) and Battle Rage (Marauders)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...XSk!bec!acaacc

Pre patch I was up to SB.

Act 2/3 Champ/Elites are easy mode now and really good for farming. Bosses like ZK/Ghom/Belial/SB aren't worth my time and are a struggle due to the enrage and my low dps.

So for me I'm farming all Act 3 Elite/Champs with 5 stacks no problem. I'll kill any packs in A2 as well and search for goblins/Kill maghda.

I don't die either which is quite handy. I died maybe 15 times today in 6 hours of farming. Elite/Champs with 5 stacks are a gold mine and in my experience drop a lot less blues but a lot more yellows (2-3 most times).

Bosses will be a struggle for full tank barbs for the moment until you've got a decent dps set.

I think the following builds will be decent with the appropriate gear:

-DW 1H High Crit/LoH build
    -2H High DPS Crit Build
    -High crit/High Block/High LoH sword and board build

Barbs can get a ton of crit/dmg from talents but it comes at a huge loss to our armor. I think LoH has become even more important for bosses as it helps immensely.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I could run 5-stack Azmodan pre-patch but it was a struggle with quite a few deaths. Act 2 was pretty easy pre-patch as well.
    Yesterday I did act 3 with no issues, the funny thing is I had my War Cry runed wrong the WHOLE TIME. I had it runed to Charge! instead of Impunity cos I was sprinting around for some achieves in normal before and I forgot to change it back.
    I STILL could 5-stack farm Act 3, only noticing that I didn't have it runed properly after I was done for the day.

My stats (with Enchantress) are:
    95k HP (I stacked Life % over AllRes since it's cheaper)
    ~500 All Res (this was not buffed with shout since I had the wrong rune)
    12k DPS
    11k Armor
    20% Block
    0 LoH

I was also running with an offensive build with Berserker Rage + Battle Shout (30% dmg buff).. I did notice elemental damage still being significant (since I had no shout), but I could always heal through it with Revenge + Furious Charge (Dreadnaught).. Since these are % Life based heals and I have 96k life its very effective.

I'm looking forward to running some today with War Cry runed properly.. looks like going more offensive is the way to go for barbs.. as long as you can survive the hits.. My goal is to push my dps to 20k and maybe get some LoH (0 atm)

Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    how is that even possible? i'm farming act 2 now without using a shield.

I lost 14k dps which leaves me at around 65k unbuffed, but at least I don't die so easily now.

Feels just about right I guess but I don't feel powerful like I used to due to slower attack speed.

I prefer Pony land to act 3 now. You can enter with 5 stacks in Woods, clean Pony land up (get 5-10 rares) then the Warden and Butcher for super bonus time.