Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Then lets put it in terms you will understand Mr. Business Man. GPM(Gross Profit Margin) which does not take cost to carry and overhead into consideration, only the cost you paid for said product compared to what you sell it for. You are making 100% GPM on all items you sell. The only possibly way to make 100% GPM is when the product is free. It is absolutely free. The other costs associated with it are overhead and come out of your profits. Most companies base their GPM on their ability to pay bills with the GPM that they make and adjust it from there. We are in a situation where we can make 100% GPM, something that is entirely impossible in any business, so really comparing it to business is just plain dumb.
    Only it's not free, you have to put your time into getting those items and/or gold, in other words "work hours". Producing all virtual goods is free, yet movies, music and games still cost money. Why is that then? Mostly cause they need to pay for the workers and actors etc. for making the product. In case of D3, you are the worker (and no one says that work cant also be fun).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    Also, it's not stealing, because you knew exactly what was happening..
    Well he obviously didn't and i think that's the point of this thread.

Well, seems that everyone says that on RMAH should be only 100+ euro items. This is plain stupid. Those are VIRTUAL items that does NOT EXIST. Most of the items should be in the range of 0.49-0.99 with very few climbing up to 10E. But no more. 250E to pay for a virtual item in a video game is........ With those kind of money you can fed an African village for one year.
    Also, it will be more easier to sell 100 items at 0.99 each than one item at 100.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ever considered the €1 fee is to prevent people from flooding the AH with rediculously low priced (and mostly bad) items? Keep the RMAH For usefull stuff that actually sells for something.....

Quote Originally Posted by kyraka View Post
    So, everyone agrees that is ok for Blizz to use fees at least 3x of the market average fees, and is perfectly ok, I am the only one who thinks that the fees are too high?
    The App Store is 30% of Sales and So is Steam Vanity items on TF2.

Don't be a derp =/

Deleted
    You're getting money from playing a game. Get over it.

Deleted
    With those kind of money you can fed an African village for one year.
    Why the fuck would i want to feed an african village? Are they gonna grind my new sword for me then?

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Why the fuck would i want to feed an african village? Are they gonna grind my new sword for me then?
    There are wars in the world because of people with your mentality.... Sad

10+ Year Old Account
    So, everyone agrees that is ok for Blizz to use fees at least 3x of the market average fees, and is perfectly ok, I am the only one who thinks that the fees are too high?
    It's 1$ per item... its NOT too high at all... unless u only post 1.25$ items... and that's your fault. I'd rather sell an item for 250$ and get 249$ out of it bcoz of 1$ cut than sell an item for 250$ and get only 200~ for it bcoz of 20% cut

Deleted
    There are wars in the world because of people with your mentality.... Sad
    Why are you busy posting on this forum and not saving the world then?

Also: I don't approve war, i just don't see why i would need to fix something i didn't fuck up in the first place.
    If you don't have money for food, stop fucking like rabbits.

Umm, I am wondering how anyone could even consider buying a game item for real money actually. Can someone please explain it to me?

Deleted
    I wonder, if you make some money using the RMAH, and then cash it out to your bank account, would you be liable to pay real world income tax on it.

I guess in the UK you would be legally liable to declare it on your tax return, or does the cash out fee cover all government taxes?

To the OP,

Its money from playing a game. £5 here and £10 there all add up :P

It doesnt even need to be "really good" item for it to sell, even decent items go for 4-10 euros quite easily, made 20 euros after transfers to paypal yesterday out of 5 items that were pretty mediocre, but ye 1 euro tax of everything plus the 15% transfer fee is kinda annoying, but cant really do anything abt it... am kinda hoping though that they will lower the flat fee or up the minimum bid.. as for a paypal user you get a whopping 21 cents of profit if you sell anything with min BO

Deleted
    So you didn´t know the RMAH is blizz new golden goose for raping customers some more?

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 09:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cherryblossom View Post
    Umm, I am wondering how anyone could even consider buying a game item for real money actually. Can someone please explain it to me?
    time is money my friend.. Farm 100.000.000 million for that xbow you want or pay 50Euro.. Some prefer the 50Euro, some prefer the farming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    Sell an item for 5EUR and it's only 20% taxation.

Sell it for 10EUR and it's only 10% taxation.

Also, it's not stealing, because you knew exactly what was happening.

I'm sorry, but I see nothing wrong with this. You're 1 euro richer from having done nothing but play a game, there are people starving in other countries.
    This is the most stupid post i've ever seen in my entire life. How brainwashed are you?

the only party making money of RMAH is Blizzard. As OP states, he sell 5 items for 1.25 and get 0.25 for each item blizz takes 5 euros, then OP uses the 1,25 he earnt and buy 1 item, and blizz takes 1 euro from that and all those items 6 in total blizz has earnt 6 euros and the next guy in line has 0.25 euros. to put it simple, its a brilliant way of milking the money from blizz side.

Its microtransactions in the most perverse way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by staal View Post
    the only party making money of RMAH is Blizzard. As OP states, he sell 5 items for 1.25 and get 0.25 for each item blizz takes 5 euros, then OP uses the 1,25 he earnt and buy 1 item, and blizz takes 1 euro from that and all those items 6 in total blizz has earnt 6 euros and the next guy in line has 0.25 euros. to put it simple, its a brilliant way of milking the money from blizz side.

Its microtransactions in the most perverse way.
    Don't sell worthless junk on it then? Only sell items that make you earn more then blizz?
    Maybe they put the 1 euro transaction cost in, to keep people from posting shitty stuff for 1.25?
    But some people can't seem to get that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    really? you're unable to grasp that there's a 1euro transaction fee on all auctions, regardless of their price?
    REALLY?
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Don't sell worthless junk on it then? Only sell items that make you earn more then blizz?
    Maybe they put the 1 euro transaction cost in, to keep people from posting shitty stuff for 1.25?
    But some people can't seem to get that.
    You dont get it, 99% arent interrested in 10 or more euros unless item is perfect, thats why there is so much stuff for 1.25 - 2 euros. Theres a market for everything an Blizz has definately understood this