Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviatharan View Post
    Let's put it this way... we've thus far seen Old God activity on every continent on Azeroth.
    Yogg-Saron in Northrend and C'thun in Kalimdor are the obvious examples, the high elves left Lordaeron because they heard the Old Whisperings beneath it, and of course N'zoth has been putting his tentacles pretty much everywhere in Cataclysm from inside the Rift of Aln.
    Pandaria is the 4th continent on Azeroth. Fifth if you include those rocks around the Maelstrom. There are 5 Old Gods. Math.

Besides, we've got three expansions to go before we hit Level 100 and only 3 Old Gods left.
    My assumption has always been that Pandaria would have an Old God behind the Sha (these "Sha Corruption" theories about Garrosh have already become synonymous with "Old God Corruption" in my mind), then we'd fight N'Zoth in an Emerald Dream/Azshara-based expansion, then we'd fight "The Old God Behind the Old Gods" in the level 100 expansion and blow Azeroth the heck up.
    Hey man... hate to burst your bubble but if WoW is still popular it won't end at level 100. Ghostcrawler commented on a thread and said this "Consider 100 to be just a number!" and also if WoW was to end at a certain level it would be 120 because 60 is WoW's halfway mark whereas Rift's halfway mark was 50. So basically WoW isn't ending at level 100 they could go all the way to level 300 and just continue to squish items down like they were planning to do in MoP orignally!

Anyways now onto the Old Gods topic! So there are five KNOWN Old Gods! The word KNOWN cannot be streched enough! There could be 7,9 or 10! We don't know although I do agree with someone who said these aren't the only Old Gods... the Old Gods could be in the millions and could be on almost every planet in the Warcraft universe the truth is we just don't know. I do see the Mantid being Old God related! Although anyone saying the Sha aren't a manifestation of the Old Gods are fooling themselves. The Old God's are like the Horde Prime of WoW. They are the biggest and baddest guys in the Universe! I mean if they whisper to people and make them go crazy! Sha are formed from negative thoughts... the Old Gods whisper to you so you think negatively and do evil... so although the Sha are not directly created by the Old God's they could be a result of something the Old God's do! The Sha are supposedly created by the last Pandaren emporer; for arguments sake lets say he started creating loads and loads of them... but he travelled to the spirit world to imprison them... Since he was the gatekeeper and is no longer around I imagine in the event of something crazy happening "The Shattering" that this would be enough doubt for the Sha to be released once again! All part of N'Zoth's play. Just because the last Pandaren emporer defeated the Sha that DOESN'T mean he destroyed them! The Titans defeated the Old God's but hey... look who's back?
    Last edited by Smokinya; 2012-06-21 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    And it is for reasons like this that I hate old god threads.

It's a decorative piece, not an old god emerging.
    one more thing I forgot to say about this "decorative piece"

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=31562

that's it. that's the decorative piece. it's name is "Presence of the Old God" and it's model is the same as C'thun's body (you can see it in 3D on WoWhead).
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    one more thing I forgot to say about this "decorative piece"

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=31562

that's it. that's the decorative piece. it's name is "Presence of the Old God" and it's model is the same as C'thun's body (you can see it in 3D on WoWhead).
    It was meant as a reference to Yogg-Saron.

It would be silly not to have little old god here and there, they arent simply afk while we are on pandaria
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    It would be silly not to have little old god here and there, they arent simply afk while we are on pandaria
    No they're busy corrupting the Emerald Dream again, uninterrupted, so we finally have to go help out the Green Dragonflight in the Dream after Pandaria!
    This time for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    After we found out where the Sha originated I wasn't really expecting much if any Old God lore this expac.

I might be wrong now.
    how does that prove Old Gods are involved?

Its looks like a sculpture of a freakin Mantid, or the Mantid Queen

Honestly, I don't see it. That mural looks more like a stylized Mantid face (elongated face in the middle, two pincers to the sides) than anything else, although I can see the slight similarities to the skull in Master's Glaive (same kind of proboscis and two pincers), although IMO that looks more like the giant mollusk thing in Vashj'ir (Nespira and the other one).

Take a good look at the face there and the face on this Mantid concept art - they look very similar, so I think that's all the mural is meant to be, it's just a stylized Mantis face:

dont Mantid originate from the Silithid? Correct me if im wrong but when the content was one before the well of eternity exploded the Slithid and the Nerubian were made my Cthun and the explosion scattered them. So it could easily be Cthun and old god related . Oh and Cthun becomes active every 1000 years or so and the mantids swarm every 1000 years so its possible they are connected
    Last edited by Krony; 2012-06-21 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    Honestly, I don't see it. That mural looks more like a stylized Mantid face (elongated face in the middle, two pincers to the sides) than anything else, although I can see the slight similarities to the skull in Master's Glaive (same kind of proboscis and two pincers), although IMO that looks more like the giant mollusk thing in Vashj'ir (Nespira and the other one).

Take a good look at the face there and the face on this Mantid concept art - they look very similar, so I think that's all the mural is meant to be, it's just a stylized Mantis face:

yeah I dont think im seein what your seeing bro

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Quote Originally Posted by Redcrow View Post
    yeah I dont think im seein what your seeing bro

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    yup, that is a mural of the master's glaive creature, or one like it, no question about it

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be old god related, or something else entirely.

Or...remember this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dDcI...layer_embedded

basically "sometimes the artists put in cool stuff and we can't explain it". (Random cool looking mural but not exactly important?)

Deleted
    If this is true it'll possibly ruin pandaria for me, whole new continent but they're just going to haaaaave to ruin it with old gods

Old Gods have a stray tentacle in every single bad thing that has ever happened to Azeroth, you just have to look deep enough, though most of the time it's right there. Also, the Aqir races all have a direct tie with a specific Old God, why should the Mantid be any different?

A rather more interesting question, would be to imagine Nerubian/Mantid workers actually building this sort of incredible architecture with pincers and teeth, and why all the Aqir cities seem to be designed for human sized/shaped occupants to easily get around (note the small steps and such).
    Last edited by Vakna; 2012-06-21 at 04:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    where the miners are from (not the actual mine!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    A rather more interesting question, would be to imagine Nerubian/Mantid workers actually building this sort of incredible architecture with pincers and teeth, and why all the Aqir cities seem to be designed for human sized/shaped occupants to easily get around (note the small steps and such).
    Ooze, maybe.

Maybe I'll trip balls with this post, but this rather disorganized flow sequence may be sort of accurate... look:

Sha is the representation of bad emotions. In beta, some Mantid are escaping from the Sha while some others worship it, thus becoming jerks.

Mantid that worship the Sha have references to Old Gods in their lairs, so that implies that the Sha is another invention of the Old Gods.

Garrosh is a jerk , so...
    Last edited by kasuturo; 2012-06-21 at 04:28 AM. Reason: Accuracy and more ball-trippin

The Old Gods are my favorite part to the WoW Lore. I really...really hope that the Sha are the preview to an Old God Corruption far greater than we've ever encountered.

If there were only two expansions left to this game (mind you...I'm only saying "if") I'd hope the next one would be Old God themed with the last expansion being the conclusion of The Burning Legion/Sargeras.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly it's a sign of the return of Epicus Maximus.
    I reported lamb of log twice, once for having a slow car and once for trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhal6 View Post
    The Old Gods are my favorite part to the WoW Lore. I really...really hope that the Sha are the preview to an Old God Corruption far greater than we've ever encountered.

If there were only two expansions left to this game (mind you...I'm only saying "if") I'd hope the next one would be Old God themed with the last expansion being the conclusion of The Burning Legion/Sargeras.
    Why would the final fight of WoW be Sargeras or Burning Legion oriented? Never understand why people assume such, Sargeras and his demon chums are nothing compared the the pure, unchained fury of the Old Gods. What we've seen and encountered of them barely chips the surface of their true scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Adlen View Post
    how does that prove Old Gods are involved?

Its looks like a sculpture of a freakin Mantid, or the Mantid Queen

....How exactly?

Also, added this photo to my original post.

Thanks for who submitted it in this thread. It's about 2 AM and I'm too tired/lazy to give you credit, aha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

If N'Zoth is not in this expansion, I'm gonna be disappointed. I like this new build up direction of a Wow created big villain (Most big bosses spawn from Warcraft III and before) but waiting 2 or 3 expansions to see this guy would give us a lukewarm reaction. Just imagine how epic it would be if N'Zoth went to Pandaria (assuming he's the one living in the sea) after the Cataclysm revealed the island to corrupt all of that untapped potential magic and people. Even if N'Zoth didn't create the Sha, he could have easily amplified the powers of small evil spirits and we eventually get colossal monsters like the Sha of Anger and Fear.

Assuming Mists of Pandaria goes back to pre Cata raiding tiers and gives us 4 raiding tiers, we could have something like this:

Tier 14: Opening raid content, confronting the Mantid Queen and some of the Sha.

Tier 15: Zandalar Island. We head over to the island (Presumably the one in Townlong Steppes) and see what's driving the Trolls crazy. Hints of a dark future are shown as Garrosh gets a hold of some nasty artifacts. The island could be similar to Quel'Danas where there is a raid, new 5 mans and dailies. The new faction war would be perfect here as we could see the new angry Jaina blowing up Horde boats and roasting some Orcs while Vol'Jin reminds players of his promise to kill Garrosh as well as help his people.

Tier 16: N'zoth! We could see some nasty experiments like a Mogu infused with the Sha as well as the inevitable "They captured some of the August Celestials". In fact, the August Celestials could play a role similar to the freed Titan Watchers from Ulduar, aiding us against the big bad Old God. This wouldn't be a Horde/Alliance team up as both factions' main support would be monks from their own side (Ji Firepaw and his monks for Horde, Aysa Cloudsinger and her monks for Alliance) as well as the Shado-Pan monks. In fact, maybe Ji and Aysa can be raid bosses for the opposite faction, living up to Garrosh and Varian's statement that those who wear the other factions tabard are enemies to the death.

Tier 17: Garrosh, N'Zoth's ace in the hole. An easily corruptible bloodthirsty leader whose potential all out war with the Alliance would wear both sides thin when the real danger comes and there's no Dragon Aspects and no Dragon Soul to save the world this time. N'Zoth's plan is simple, which would be for Garrosh to summon the Sha to Kalimdor. With the war going on on both major continents, the Sha would grow and multiply and all lands will be eventually be dark and corrupted as the Dread Wastes. Jaina and Varian lead the attack for the Alliance players while Vol'jin and the returning Saurfang (He did say he will kill Garrosh if he brought the Horde to a dark path) lead the attack for Horde players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy poop, that is awesome. Looks very much like a Faceless One, or an Ozumat-like creature.

Dunno if it's Sha related per se, but it's definitely Mantid made - and it's a strong bit of evidence implying that the Mantid are descended from the Old God worshipping Azj'Aqir empire.