Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Old God Mural in Heart of Fear?

First off, credit goes to Dworrall. He just commented on it in the news post.

Not sure if anyone else noticed, but:

Sorry if it's huge. I was having resize issues.

Another picture for comparison purposes:

You'll see what I'm talking about in the back. The mural of that being.

But that definitely resembles a being like Soggoth in Darkshore. That giant skeleton that was uncoverred by the Twilight's Hammer and then reborn.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Mawnix; 2012-06-21 at 05:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

I Immediately saw that as well. Huh. I guess we'll get some old god lore as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Icarris View Post
    I Immediately saw that as well. Huh. I guess we'll get some old god lore as well.
    After we found out where the Sha originated I wasn't really expecting much if any Old God lore this expac.

I might be wrong now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw that too. Definitely interesting.

One can hope. Love old god lord. I think that may just be a mural of the mantid leader? I think we may have to wait another expansion for more old god stuff, but it would be amazing to see some this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't you think it looks like a Mantid Vizier, instead?
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Old Gods having their fingers in everything? Whaaaaaa?
    Look! Words!

Deleted
    In the sunken city, he lays dreaming.
    The drowned god's heart is black ice.
    At the bottom of the ocean even light must die.
    In the land of Ny'alotha there is only sleep.
    Ny'alotha is a city of old, terrible, unnumbered crimes.
    In the sleeping city of Ny'alotha walk only mad things.
    Sunken, Drown. All of the old gods look like sea creatures. This is no exception.

If you saw my post in the news section i mentioned how the Sha were foreshadowed in Ulduar, here's what i mean. Also, the art team on Pandaria has a similar style to the Ulduar art team. Coincidence?

Deleted
    So we have an Old God who feeds on negative emotions or what :3?

The mantid are likely one of the aqir races.

Quote Originally Posted by jonasklk View Post
    Here:
    It is unclear exactly when the Old Gods arrived on Azeroth or for how long they ruled. But before the titans came to Azeroth, the malign Old Gods - colossal beings of elemental fury - ruled the world and the savage elementals that dwelt upon it, a bloody chaos of which even the demon Lords of the Burning Legion could not imagine. N'Zoth waged an eternal war against the forces of C'Thun and Yogg-Saron with their endless number of Faceless ones. According to Nozdormu the Old Gods would have ruined Azeroth had not the titans intervened.
    Last edited by Lycanroc; 2012-06-20 at 02:37 PM.

Just because the Mantid have a mural that is very Old God-esqe does not mean the Sha are related to the Old Gods. Remember, the Sha were just recently released, and likely are not going to be spending the next month redecorating the Mantid's home to add murals. The murals in question come from the Mantid themselves.

It is revealed in a quest that the Mantid existed before the Titans first landed on Azeroth. It is likely they are another offshoot of the original Aqir, much like the Nerubians of Northrend, or the Quraji of Silithus, and we know both those races still have ties to the Old Gods, even after the Nerubians attempted to sever ties with them, you can still see lingering influence in the tone and design.

If the Mantid are yet another offshoot that has been relatively untouched on Pandaria for thousands of years, it makes sense that they will have some Old God designs in their palaces/temples.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    Just because the Mantid have a mural that is very Old God-esqe does not mean the Sha are related to the Old Gods. Remember, the Sha were just recently released, and likely are not going to be spending the next month redecorating the Mantid's home to add murals. The murals in question come from the Mantid themselves.

It is revealed in a quest that the Mantid existed before the Titans first landed on Azeroth. It is likely they are another offshoot of the original Aqir, much like the Nerubians of Northrend, or the Quraji of Silithus, and we know both those races still have ties to the Old Gods, even after the Nerubians attempted to sever ties with them, you can still see lingering influence in the tone and design.

If the Mantid are yet another offshoot that has been relatively untouched on Pandaria for thousands of years, it makes sense that they will have some Old God designs in their palaces/temples.
    Imagining a pre-titan Azeroth, I can only see a corpse world, littered with festering growths of flesh, and swarms of insectoids trying to lay eggs in rotten hillside wounds, where the cacaphony of chittering mandibles is only interrupted by the battle cries of random primordeal trolls and surging, raging elementals.

It is my happy place.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...june/hof25.jpg this image is easier to see it

I already expected N'zoth this expansion,now im almost sure

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Imagining a pre-titan Azeroth, I can only see a corpse world, littered with festering growths of flesh, and swarms of insectoids trying to lay eggs in rotten hillside wounds, where the cacaphony of chittering mandibles is only interrupted by the battle cries of random primordeal trolls and surging, raging elementals.

It is my happy place.
    also tauren
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Don't you think it looks like a Mantid Vizier, instead?
    Mantid Vizier don't have tentacles. I know it's hard to see on this photo but they are there. This actualy looks like a hint towards an old good that slumbers underneath the seas, so probably N'zoth.

Quote Originally Posted by jonasklk View Post
    "A thousand deaths... or one murder. Your petty quarrels only make me stronger!

"They drink your fear: it is the blood of life."

"They who dine on lost souls know only hunger."

Feeding on negative emotions as an Old God isn't a far shot.

Altough it is said that the big Sha baddies (Sha of Fear, Sha of Anger, ....) were the embodiement of the negative emotions of the Last Pandaren Emporer, after he purged them from his mind, he, the Shado pan and August celestials worked together to imprison them.

After that the Emperor became a pure soul to which any negative emotion is unkown.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2012-06-20 at 03:57 PM.

The Mantid are probably related to the Aqir whose other descendants also have ties to the Old Gods
    It might not be The Sha who have Old God origins, but the Mantid themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Dravelar View Post
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...june/hof25.jpg this image is easier to see it

I already expected N'zoth this expansion,now im almost sure
    Thanks mate. That definitely looks like the massive skeletal being in Darkshore.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks like an octopus

10+ Year Old Account
    If the Sha were somehow linked to the Old Gods, I wouldn't be surprised, but I would be happy. Ulduar was one of my favourite raids, not because it was tricky(for me, anyway, at the time when it was first released), but the lore.. the lore, man! I love it ;-;

And all the glass paintings, the eerie look, everything is just.. aaah, so pretty ;u; It looks like a big ol' kraken!

Perhaps -making out my own story line here- the Emperor wanted to seal away the entity that rested below the seas, be it an old god, or a "boss Sha", or maybe to battle it on a spiritual terrain. It would be awesome if we "phase shifted" into an astral dimension and battled an old god/big bad Sha as spirits, fighting to keep our souls intact and in one piece.

A quest line shows a Mogu can tear spirits out of the body. So.. why not?

I'm just making up things here. I like making stories up. x)