Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I was kind of expecting the Mantid to have atleast a little connection to them, since the Qiraji and the Nerubians have also had some kind of connection. Seems like these are more worshippers than anything though, and it's mostly just Shek'zeer who is serving them, the other Mantid are just mindlessly following the Empress' every word.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of the Dragon Isles concept; it would be cool to eventually see them in game, though they're almost definitely unrelated.
    Given how recently the Sha reappeared and corrupted the Queen, it seems unlikely that the murals are an homage to the Sha. It might be a throw back to links with the Old Gods if the Mantid are of Aqir descent, or just an eldritch teaser that amounts to nothing. I hope for the latter; I prefer that the Old Gods are just hinted at occasionally like this, rather than appearing to run in tentacles blazing yelling about how X villain was just a pawn and they'll get us next time, Gadget.

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    . Seems like these are more worshippers than anything though, and it's mostly just Shek'zeer who is serving them, the other Mantid are just mindlessly following the Empress' every word.
    They have more a Orc / Warchief relation, the are beings that can think of their own but dying in service of the Swarm is the greatest honor a mantid can achieve.

But don't think they are very friendly, if the replacement for the current Empress is old enough she must defeat the current one and eat the remains to acquire her power.
    Or after the young hatch they are driven by hunger to eat the other, weaker younglings until they grown strong enough to join a Swarm, only after you joined a Swarm you are treated as a fully individual being.

They appear as a mix of classical insectoid hivemind culture and Warrior style culture.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2012-06-20 at 08:14 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    She went crazy because she is possessed by the Sha of Fear, who is basically overwhelming her with an intense sense of dread, which has been expanding out to her people. This is the whole reason they are attacking the wall centuries before the normal cycle, because they are trying to escape their home out of fear.

Like I said before, it is hinted that the Mantid are PRE-TITAN, which means they existed in an age when the Old Gods ruled the planet. Considering all the insect races have shown ties to the Old Gods, it makes sense that the Mantid's palace/temple/fortress would have some Old God related artwork along the walls.
    Just one correction, the Mantid are hinted to be Pre-Titan, but the Old Gods are post-Titan.

Deleted
    Even more in-depth, the old gods are more than likely NOT dead, rather pushed back.

The one in darkshore, at the masters glaive was a high ranking minion of the old gods and was only STOPPED by a titans glaive into its head. If the glaive is removed the beast will be set free again. The same for C'thun, he fought directly with a Titan and won - although weakened, as was Yogg-saron which is why we could defeat them.

There's also another, un-explained old-god like object in Northrend. It seems to be a Maw, much like the ones in Dragon Soul.

10+ Year Old Account
    the sha are the negative emotions of the last panda emporer

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh. Cool.

And well the Old Gods are supposed to be the ones manipulating everything from the background to try and be freed, so it'd make sense.

No surprise, old gods are behind everything.
    It's like crossing an intersection. There's shit going on all over the place and you don't panic and act like an idiot then do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Just one correction, the Mantid are hinted to be Pre-Titan, but the Old Gods are post-Titan.
    SUPPOSEDLY Post-Titan. All we know about that comes from the computer in Ulduar, and even that implies the first visit was mostly the Titans showing up, putting down the machines that would form the Earthen, and then leaving, before coming back once the computer called for help. The Old Gods themselves might have been on the down-low, since they were at war with eachother, and the Titans didn't notice them until they started causing trouble for the Titans constructs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DWorrall View Post
    Even more in-depth, the old gods are more than likely NOT dead, rather pushed back.

The one in darkshore, at the masters glaive was a high ranking minion of the old gods and was only STOPPED by a titans glaive into its head. If the glaive is removed the beast will be set free again. The same for C'thun, he fought directly with a Titan and won - although weakened, as was Yogg-saron which is why we could defeat them.

There's also another, un-explained old-god like object in Northrend. It seems to be a Maw, much like the ones in Dragon Soul.

I don't think the old gods can be killed, just imprisoned, and even at this semi-dormant state they can watch and influence, a.k.a. "whisper". There was a good theory read somewhere, I'd need to rummage and find it, however.

Where exactly is that maw, on a side note? I've never seen it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Areto View Post
    I don't think the old gods can be killed, just imprisoned, and even at this semi-dormant state they can watch and influence, a.k.a. "whisper".
    They can be killed, but we don't want to kill them. They are so entwined with Azeroth that killing them would lead to the total destruction of the planet. That is why the Titans decided to imprison them instead.

Now, I am not saying WE killed them. I am sure C'Thun and Yogg-Saron are lingering in some weird place between life and death right now, but I am just saying, they CAN die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Areto View Post
    Where exactly is that maw, on a side note? I've never seen it before.
    It's at the bottom of the Weeping Quarry (just outside the Shadow Vault), in Icecrown. It's likely one of Yogg-Saron's appendages, given that it's directly under a Saronite (Yogg's blood) mine.
    Last edited by Xiphan; 2012-06-20 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Punctuation.

That room looks amazing, Can't wait to step foot in it.

As for possible old god, YAY!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    They can be killed, but we don't want to kill them. They are so entwined with Azeroth that killing them would lead to the total destruction of the planet. That is why the Titans decided to imprison them instead.

Now, I am not saying WE killed them. I am sure C'Thun and Yogg-Saron are lingering in some weird place between life and death right now, but I am just saying, they CAN die.
    Right, that's why they were imprisoned and not killed off.

Thought trigger, this may mean Blizz can try and revamp C'thun. Oh god no. Please, not another "setback".

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphan View Post
    It's at the bottom of the Weeping Quarry (just outside the Shadow Vault), in Icecrown. It's likely one of Yogg-Saron's appendages, given that it's directly under a Saronite (Yogg's blood) mine.
    Thank you

... looks like a graphics error to me. Heavily distorted textures there.

Also, this can't be said enough: This doesn't mean there's any connection between the Sha and the Old Gods. It means there's a connection between the Mantid and the Old Gods, which is hardly surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    ... looks like a graphics error to me. Heavily distorted textures there.
    So C'thun's model from 2006 looks like a graphic error?
    Some blizzard employees must be crying somewhere.

An old god is commanding an empire of bug-men that were locked behind a wall until recently? sounds familiar.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, straws time.

I don't see a old god, or even a sha. I see a decorative design in an area heavily corrupted by the sha.

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 06:41 PM ----------

And it is for reasons like this that I hate old god threads.

It's a decorative piece, not an old god emerging.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

Decorative, yes. But we can assume that this might be a port of Yogg-saron.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

a decorative c'thun?

because this maw uses c'thun's model. it even moves just like c'thun.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.