Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What is with inferno population?

I have currently been on Diablo 3 the last 2 hours and the # of people on Belial has never been above 3, and whenever I would go in it would be undergeared noobs that just get us killed. How is a game that has sold as many copies as Diablo 3 has not have more then 3 people on a particular quest? I never had trouble finding any rooms for any content in Diablo 2 so I don't understand how we've regressed. Are there really that many people playing on my server? I'm talking right now I could take a screenshot, and there are 0 people on Lord of Lies, how is this possible? Then if a few come in, they get roflstomped and quit after 2 deaths, does anybody else see this?

The quest is too short and people don't go back to kill him again because the fight isn't that appealing. And people that do like to kill him, don't like their games joined by "undergeared noobs" so they don't make them public. And the added life for the snakes when multiple players are around can easily mean that it's impossible for some ranged to survive P1 or P2 of the fight.

There's just nothing special to gain from killing him after you killed him the first time. Pretty easy explanation isn't it?

Deleted
    Less people playing= less people on the quest

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not to stir up cross-game comparisons, which is not my intent at all. But the point cannot be avoided really as it is, as I believe it, at the core of this topic.

If anything can be seen from Wow, its that Looking-For-Group systems had every reason to create the same distanced, uninvolved, anonymous, groups for Diablo that it did for wow. Other than a couple exceptions that could be likened to finding a winning lottery ticket, you're scooping manure from the bottoms of barrels. This should have been expected.

That said, I bought the game expecting it to be 99% a solo or duo experience and enjoy it very much.
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

You're joining pugs for inferno....?

Wouldnt it be a hundred times easier to solo it, and not carry randoms?

Quote Originally Posted by Believeinapathy View Post
    I have currently been on Diablo 3 the last 2 hours and the # of people on Belial has never been above 3, and whenever I would go in it would be undergeared noobs that just get us killed. How is a game that has sold as many copies as Diablo 3 has not have more then 3 people on a particular quest? I never had trouble finding any rooms for any content in Diablo 2 so I don't understand how we've regressed. Are there really that many people playing on my server? I'm talking right now I could take a screenshot, and there are 0 people on Lord of Lies, how is this possible? Then if a few come in, they get roflstomped and quit after 2 deaths, does anybody else see this?
    Welcome to patch 1.3, where 99.5% of the fun was sucked out..

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    1. It's 1.0.3, not 1.3
    2. 1.0.3 has nothing to do with a smaller amount of people being on the Belial quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    1. It's 1.0.3, not 1.3
    2. 1.0.3 has nothing to do with a smaller amount of people being on the Belial quest.
    Yeah, if anything it would actualy be more people now.

Because 90% of players are in private games.

Its because of the reason blizzard TELLS you before you log in. The various regions of the world are not connected together right now. For some reason with each patch they seem to lag connecting them back up. When i looked earlier today there were a grand total of 1900 or so people in public games. This number is usually MUCH higher when all regions are connected. Of course then you get a slew of groups with names you have no hope of reading the letters let alone read the name or pronounce it.
    ^^Everything said above is purely the opinion of the person who posted it. Nothing said is to be taken as fact unless otherwise stated, and even then only taken into consideration as fact, and not an actual fact, as it could be wrong or in other ways misinformed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post

After the patch I'm an unkillable Barbarian with no dps. So rather than witteling down Belial in ~15 minutes, I now die to enrage after 3 and having him on, maybe 60%?

Just checked again, about 2200 people in public games, and the login screen message is still there about the regions not being connected. When hit to view public games and the number up top is in excess of 20k, then you might find more then 3 people on any one quest.

Of course even when all regions are connected there still is a lack of people on certain quests. especially on inferno. Most people you will run into in public games on inferno are still trying to progress(looking for that carry to come along or something). So you tend to run into them more on quests that involve chances of more rare packs/champs as these are usually harder to get by then any boss. For example last i looked there were a decent amount of people on the section of act 2 that involves the sewers for most of the quest.

edit: my numbers are coming from the US perspective. likely vastly different in EU and so on.
    Last edited by mirthen; 2012-06-21 at 05:50 AM.
    ^^Everything said above is purely the opinion of the person who posted it. Nothing said is to be taken as fact unless otherwise stated, and even then only taken into consideration as fact, and not an actual fact, as it could be wrong or in other ways misinformed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that people simply rather do things with friends or solo, especially hard fights like Belial. And since Belial now has a three minute enrage timer, I guess a lot of melee don't even bother. I could kill Belial before patch but now it's no way possible. Cause that IAS nerf lowered my DPS by near 20% and I dropped to 10k DPS on my Monk. There's no way I can beat the enrage timer. Also killing bosses is only useful with high MF as they only drop one rare now. I guess people stick to clearing content and killing champion/boss pack as it's a guaranteed rare.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Actually I find the game a whole lot better in 1.0.3 but hey I'm not a Demon Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Actually I find the game a whole lot better in 1.0.3 but hey I'm not a Demon Hunter.
    I am a DH and i find the game better too.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I cannot solo Belial as wizard, the 1st stage alone devours me with doom vipers or 2nd stage where he teleport 2-shots me. Only so much I can do, I got lucky enough the other night to find a godly barb to help only to find out the enrage counter kept going off every time we'd have him at 1/10th health. This caused the barb to rage quit because he's sick of "losing to a timer" and left me and the WD i was with with no other choice but to give up and try another day. This just seems ridiculous, not enough players to play a quest when I'm playing one of the best selling PC games of all time a month out from launch? This just doesn't seem right to me, make the content near-impossible to solo with my squishy class then make games where you get a decent tank end due to enrage? Extremely frustrating to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post

Sometimes you find decent people, i was in a group last night in act 1 with a Monk who progressed almost into act 4 wearing 75mil+ of gear.

But yeah sometimes you get useless people who are either undergeared looking to get boosted or AFK in town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Believeinapathy View Post
    I cannot solo Belial as wizard, the 1st stage alone devours me with doom vipers or 2nd stage where he teleport 2-shots me. Only so much I can do, I got lucky enough the other night to find a godly barb to help only to find out the enrage counter kept going off every time we'd have him at 1/10th health. This caused the barb to rage quit because he's sick of "losing to a timer" and left me and the WD i was with with no other choice but to give up and try another day. This just seems ridiculous, not enough players to play a quest when I'm playing one of the best selling PC games of all time a month out from launch? This just doesn't seem right to me, make the content near-impossible to solo with my squishy class then make games where you get a decent tank end due to enrage? Extremely frustrating to say the least.
    Have you considered that you are one of the, no offense intended, "undergeared noobs"? If you can't kill the boss it's probably that you are not meant to be there with your gear...

Wha...?

I thought Public games were only used to skip Acts!

But in all seriousness - it's sounds like you are one of those undergeared looking to get carried since you even said you had a 'godly' barb helping.
    Last edited by Solia; 2012-06-22 at 07:29 PM.

I've never even clicked on the public games tab :/

So nobody plays with anybody they don't actually know? What kindof game is that? So I either have one of my 2 friends I know IRL that play help, and if they aren't on, tough crap? How is that a solid model for online gaming? I never once had to only play with people I knew in Diablo 2. Did Diablo 3 really just ruin the community factor so much via no game rooms/abysmal chat channels/etc that I don't even have the option to play with others because either there's only 2 people on the quest or they're undergeared n00bs that make the quest impossible (especially now with enrage)? Seriously guys, I've never had this problem in any game I've played since I was 8 years old, how this is happening in the year 2012 is beyond me.
    Last edited by Believeinapathy; 2012-06-22 at 07:28 PM.