Auction House Tips

I looked into the first five pages of this forum and saw a couple of thread that were kinda useful to me, but I still dind't get all the information I needed, so I decided to just ask. At the moment I'm going completely blind with the auction house on D3 because I'm new to this genre and I don't really know what people would buy and what they wouldn't. I'm not asking for tip about the price or something about that, as said in other threads all you need to do is search for a similar item and just lower your price a bit, what I still don't get is what item would be useful to what class. For example we all know that basically everyone can use a shield, but for which one is actually a viable thing to do? I only have a demon hunter for now, so I don't know a lot about the others. I could look for the price on auction house and see if an item is sold at a good price, but it isn't said anywhere that I would still sell it if it has useless stat, just because I see an hand crossbow with intelligence on the action house doesn't mean that demon hunter actually need it.
    So I got some question like: are ranged weapon (bow and crossbow) with intelligence or strenght actually useful or they are total garbage? Have shield with intelligence or strenght some kind of use? What weapon does other class use and, without going into a lot of detail, what stat on armor do they prefer?
    Sorry if there was already a thread asking for this information but as I said I only looked into the first five pages and I don't really know what I could type in the search bar because I'm sure that if I type something like "auction house" I would find all sort of other stuff, just link the thread in question if there is one.
    Anyway thanks for future answer and sorry for the incorrect grammar but I'm not English

A 2h ranged weapon with int could be used by a wizard or a WD, although I think most of them prefer 1h+oh, but 2h is an option for them and with it being a ranged weapon they can actually shoot it if they run out of arcane power.

For shields Strength and Dex ones are gonna be your best sellers, moreso with resist all, armor, and some vit. But int ones also have a place for the caster that wants a little bit more survivability. If you are questioning whether something you have will sell just search the ah for items with the same 3 best stats and see what they're going for and what other stats they have.

Weapon usage overall will vary from player to player, but it seems most DH use 2h xbows, and most other classes use a 1h and offhand (be it shield or otherwise) But that isn't to say that other classes don't use 2h and that dh don't use 1h xbows.

any item with

- dex
    - vit/life%
    - X resistance
    - All resistance

can sell for A LOT since monks double dip from those - i sold 3 rings with those stats with pretty high values(¬80) for 4 mil a pop

My big doubt right now is also for polearm and spear, don't really know why I didn't ask right away... Does anyone actually use them? Thanks for the answer by the way : D

Curious about armor for barbs - how important is it? If a piece has str vit and resists but low armor, is it still worth selling?

Moreover, since the AH sorts by armor rating by default, do many barbs look past the first few pages of very high armor rating stuff? Seems like when your gear's listed last it doesn't sell as well, regardless >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Trotheus View Post
    Curious about armor for barbs - how important is it? If a piece has str vit and resists but low armor, is it still worth selling?

Moreover, since the AH sorts by armor rating by default, do many barbs look past the first few pages of very high armor rating stuff? Seems like when your gear's listed last it doesn't sell as well, regardless >.>
    Search for vit str all resist, then sort by armor. It's like looking for 4 stats instead of 3.

The biggest thing about weapons is the DPS. If the DPS is high enough it will sell. 600-800 dps weapons are a tough sale unless they have ideal stats. 800-1000 dps weapons normally sell if priced well and have one or two useful stats out of the bunch. 1000+ dps weapons will sell no matter the stats if it is priced within reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can barely get any of my things to sell, and theyre all dirt cheap..

Quote Originally Posted by Psychomantis View Post
    The biggest thing about weapons is the DPS. If the DPS is high enough it will sell. 600-800 dps weapons are a tough sale unless they have ideal stats. 800-1000 dps weapons normally sell if priced well and have one or two useful stats out of the bunch. 1000+ dps weapons will sell no matter the stats if it is priced within reason.
    Good thing that I find weapon with 100-200 dps even if they are ilevel 63 then...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostolo View Post
    So I got some question like: are ranged weapon (bow and crossbow) with intelligence or strenght actually useful or they are total garbage? Have shield with intelligence or strenght some kind of use? What weapon does other class use and, without going into a lot of detail, what stat on armor do they prefer?
    Usually items with a class' main stat (Str for Barb, Dex for DH and Monk, Int for WD and Wiz) + Vitality sell well. For example a Bow with Dex+Vit will sell much better than one with Str+Int or something. Shields with STR are good for Barbs, though not a lot of them use shields in Softcore. Like someone else already said, weapons with +dps ("+100-200 fire damage" for example) are the most popular ones.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maes View Post
    But int ones also have a place for the caster that wants a little bit more survivability
    I doubt any caster in their rights minds would use a shield over the straight up +weapon damage you can get on a proper offhand, it gimps damage massively.

Still in doubt about wizard... Is it viable for them to dual wield something like a double hand axe/sword or are staff and one hand + off hand just better? And if that's the case, what weapon so they prefer in the main hand? I guess having played WoW and other rpg It's kinda strange to me to imagine a mage with a double hand axe throwing spells or with a one hand axe and an off hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostolo View Post
    Still in doubt about wizard... Is it viable for them to dual wield something like a double hand axe/sword or are staff and one hand + off hand just better? And if that's the case, what weapon so they prefer in the main hand? I guess having played WoW and other rpg It's kinda strange to me to imagine a mage with a double hand axe throwing spells or with a one hand axe and an off hand.
    Before they nerfed attack speed id say it was viable to go 1h + oh. Simply because you could have around 3 attacks per second, even with lower damage output you could still dps more than you would with a 2h.

Saying that since the patch obviously we all got stung by the %AS. I've tried a few different things out and it seems if you go for the slower 2h approach but higher damage and crit you can hit pretty hard. So i would personally say that since the patch wiz's would be looking for 2h's but this is just my opinion.
    But as for the RMAH you want to be selling items with specific stats and not just any random junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Wynn3r View Post
    But as for the RMAH you want to be selling items with specific stats and not just any random junk.
    Yeah I know that, that's why I made this thread, to understand what is junk and what is acutally a good item.

15+ Year Old Account
    No primary stat (Strength, Dexterity, Intellect, Vitality) is completely worthless for any class; 10 Intellect gives anyone 1 resist all and strength gives anyone armor.

Like Psycho said, the most important stat on a weapon is its damage. The primary stat of a class that would probably use it is also important, but if you get a 1000dps rare bow with say +300-500 Arcane Damage, +35% damage, 200 Strength and + Haunt Damage it will still sell if you price it right. Just realize that the Strength and Haunt damage are worthless to a Hunter and price it near the blue bows of the same damage. That 1h Crossbow with Int can only be used by a DH, and he obviously won't care a ton about Int, but if the price is right for the DPS, it will sell. Strength on a bow is almost worthless, but that doesn't necessarily make the bow worthless.

As for shields, most casters/hunters don't use them (WD friend of mine is playing around with being a shield tank for some reason though, and I've seen HC DHs using a shield), but again, the armor and block can make a shield without strength and vit good. My Monk's shield happens to have 80 intellect on it, in addition to high block, a lot of dexterity, and some resist. I just look at Int or Strength as a little bonus, if the armor/weapon has what I'm already looking for: DPS, my Primary stat, resists, crit, etc.

Don't buyout items that have less than 1 day 11 hours remaining if you're looking to flip items for a profit. Also there's some good deals to be found via bidding, but generally they sell close to their true value. A good place to look is items with stupid high buyouts, but low bids.