Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Vivendi Reportedly Considering Selling Activision Blizzard

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...sion-blizzard/

Maybe EA will buy them. :P

But seriously, maybe they'll just payoff Vivendi and own themselves. They have enough money do do that, I bet.

Deleted
    EA should buy them, would get all the bad apples in one basket. Not that EA or Activision/Blizzard only makes bad games, they just have the worst imaginable customer support and go for immoral money making schemes with their games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    EA should buy them, would get all the bad apples in one basket. Not that EA or Activision/Blizzard only makes bad games, they just have the worst imaginable customer support and go for immoral money making schemes with their games.
    i dont really get how anything is immoral its not like we are forced or goaded into to anything
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saying that Blizzard customer support is bad, when bioware is looking over your shoulder, is like saying that Gadaffi was a monster, with Stalin peering from behind.

Everyone hates on the big front man but forgets the greater horror behind.

Edit: On second thought, that's the best analogy ever made in the world that ever will be made. Almost as good as "More out of place than a kitten in an abbatoire"
    Last edited by MerinPally; 2012-06-21 at 07:01 AM.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

It's not immoral, it's distasteful

Neither Blizzard nor Activision could afford to buy themselves out. They do not have the billions to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was about to say something, but saw your signature already saying everything for me.
    "Immoral money" in business. Hah. This forum has so many fails a day.

Old news. But this shouldn't really have been news worthy. The only reason it was posted by forbes is because people were upset over Diablo 3, and when news got out that the parent company was looking for buyers in Blizzard (which is nothing new.. everything is for sale at the right price), people pounced on it and are now saying that it's a sinking ship :\

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Horrid Crow View Post
    This forum has so many fails a day.
    Yet you still choose to post here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saying Blizzard has bad customer support is...well I think it's completely untrue. They have amazing customer support, and communicate with their playerbase far more than any company I've ever seen. With that said, they have been going down a path I don't like or respect for awhile now. Cataclysm, in my opinion, was nothing short of insulting. D3 was an untested, imbalanced mess built only as a vessel for micro transactions. I miss the old blizzard for sure. I for one won't be buying MoP or any D3 expansion. I will however buy Heart of the Swarm. I'm excited for that one

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittahsmash View Post
    Old news. But this shouldn't really have been news worthy. The only reason it was posted by forbes is because people were upset over Diablo 3, and when news got out that the parent company was looking for buyers in Blizzard (which is nothing new.. everything is for sale at the right price), people pounced on it and are now saying that it's a sinking ship :\
    People also don't seem to have a basic understanding of economics. Vivendi holds a 61% share in ActiBlizzard. Vivendi's value is rising itself, and the selling of ActiBlizzard would help further increase their own stock value by cashing out that asset. Vivendi is in the business of acquisitions, buy a company on the rise and sell it at one of its peaks. This does not mean that Blizzard is at a peak and is going to start declining, nor does it mean that if they start to decline, they won't later recover, it's just good business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Blizzards support has always been awesome.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittahsmash View Post
    I don't need to see an article on Forbes regarding Activision/Blizzard to know that D3 is in fact Titanic: Digital Edition.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squishy Tia View Post
    I don't need to see an article on Forbes regarding Activision/Blizzard to know that D3 is in fact Titanic: Digital Edition.
    As in record breaking piece of entertainment? Sure. Not so much as in "sinking ship".

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is no sinking with D3. There are no subs to worry about keeping people around. D3 is already a huge success and keeps growing with each sale. Not to mention every RMAH sale.

care to explain how a record breaking game is a sinking ship?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    There is no sinking with D3. There are no subs to worry about keeping people around. D3 is already a huge success and keeps growing with each sale. Not to mention every RMAH sale.

care to explain how a record breaking game is a sinking ship?
    Modern warfare 3 was also a record breaking release, didn't mean it didn't suck, because it did.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see the logic behind this, oh there isn't any.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 12:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Modern warfare 3 was also a record breaking release, didn't mean it didn't suck, because it did.
    People still bought it and Activision still raked in the money = success.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post

People still bought it and Activision still raked in the money = success.
    Last time I checked, consumers didn't care about how much money a company made, only that they provide them with good, enjoyable content. If D4 came out in the same state as D3 did, I can guarantee it would not break any records.

I have an ideal, lets all be original and take any story and rephrase it to make blizzard look like a sinking ship and D3 the cause of the problem. What? People buy stocks and sell them when they are worth more than when they bought them for a profit? Did you say profit? Doesn't profit mean greed? That's why I personally refuse to take any raises at work, I am perfectly balanced so that I make less money every month than I spend on food and rent, that way my soul is clean even if my children don't have food and clothing. Profit is for greedy immoral people. /sarcasm

Also, if your avatar and signature sport images of your WoW character you really have no business poo-pooing blizzard for sucking, you are obviously enjoying playing their products.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2012-06-21 at 12:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    In a place where hordes of squirrels roam free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Horrid Crow View Post
    I was about to say something, but saw your signature already saying everything for me.
    "Immoral money" in business. Hah. This forum has so many fails a day.
    Sig
    |
    |
    |
    v
    Speaking for morality in economics is like fucking for virginity.