Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    It will definately be interesting to see the outcome... Even more so to who will (if they do) buy it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Last time I checked, consumers didn't care about how much money a company made, only that they provide them with good, enjoyable content. If D4 came out in the same state as D3 did, I can guarantee it would not break any records.
    I disagree. Look at WoW expansions. Every new expansion breaks the sales record of the previous one*. No matter how some people think Cata is/was bad, many more will try MoP. Nothing is perfect, there is always room for improvement and when the next "version" of what you are playing comes out, you would want to try it out. Be it an expansion or a new game.

*About the sales record, I am sure about WotLK and Cata but unsure about TBC.

One of my friends saw this news a week or two ago and a group of us talked about it the other night... and of course EA came up.

The overall consensus (by those of us who follow things like this) was that we would all go into deep mourning and probably not touch a Blizzard product ever again (or something like that) if EA bought Activision Blizzard.

And the reason Blizzard products sell so well is that you as a gamer know that it is going to be a quality product and that they put a ton of time and effort into its production. When it comes to effort and quality going into video games, I cannot say one good thing about EA.

Would be a sad day indeed, but wouldn't really surprise me if EA makes a move. Hoping Blizzard makes a wise decision here.

They are selling stock, not selling the company. Stock is sold off in pieces. They will sell 1% to one person, .00056% to another and 4% to the next. You don't buy stock and just hold onto it forever, you invest money in stocks with the intention of selling it for a profit. Just because a company is selling stock in another company it is not because its failing or because they see failure in the future. They are selling stock in the company because its worth more than when they bought it so they can take the profits in that company and use it to invest in even more stocks for even more profit. Now they do sell stock when they want to cut thier losses as well but this is not the case here.

Anyone trying to spin this into something negative is either ignorant as to how the business world works or they are trying too hard to make Blizzard look bad. There is no story here, move along, nothing to see here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Last time I checked, consumers didn't care about how much money a company made, only that they provide them with good, enjoyable content. If D4 came out in the same state as D3 did, I can guarantee it would not break any records.
    Might want to check again, CoD has been releasing recycled crap since MW and breaking records ever since.

Hope they sell it.... then I can support Blizzard again (fully)

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroterror View Post
    I disagree. Look at WoW expansions. Every new expansion breaks the sales record of the previous one*. No matter how some people think Cata is/was bad, many more will try MoP. Nothing is perfect, there is always room for improvement and when the next "version" of what you are playing comes out, you would want to try it out. Be it an expansion or a new game.

*About the sales record, I am sure about WotLK and Cata but unsure about TBC.
    A game gaining more players doesn't mean it's good, in fact, it usually shows how bad it's getting, and it's quite logical, look: Everything that becomes popular is used/played/etc by more people because it becomes open to a large amount of tastes, however, it loses a huge part of it's original state because a smaller amount of people would love it then, but now it's liked by more.

So WoW is not becoming better at all, in fact it's worse if you ask MOST of the original gamers who started playing it when the rest wouldn't even dare trying it.

I personally would love to see Blizzard being sold by Vivendi, that wouldn't mean anything for us, but there'd be a chance where Activision and Blizzard would split and that would be really good for players, as Blizzard would (maybe) focus on their original gaming ideals instead and leave the money machine away for a lil while, making WoW as it used to be, if less people like it it's their problem, but the game would gain it's quality back. (But I know, that's a fantasy, even if they split, something I doubt for now, Blizzard wouldn't let the money go away, we are humans...greedy, corrupted, etc.)