Poll: Is this a good idea?

Deleted

Transmog and proffesions

I have been thinking alot about this the last couple of days. One of my biggest problems with my proffesions, is that they are boring. When i get my proffesions to max lvl, all i use them for are that occasional enchant on my new piece of gear (Here im thinking about profs like; LW, BS and Tailoring).

But why not add a new aspect to the crafting proffesions? Let them be able to craft gear that is specific for transmog. Like the gear from the challengemode dungeons, the crafted items would have any stats, but would be transmog able.

The crafted items could be new armour models, but it could also be some of the old tier models with the colorings that wasnt added to player gear.
    Maybe there could also be weapon models?
    An example:

http://goo.gl/GKf9j
    if the images doesnt work

The recipes for these "new" craft able items, would be bought with marks from a vendor, much like the JC recipes. These tokens could come from new BS, LW and Tailoring daily quests.

At last, it would open up a new market on the AH.

What do you guys and girls think?
    Last edited by mmoc935eff747a; 2012-06-21 at 09:27 AM.

I really like this idea. :-)

We could make models of old gear in different colors; why not.
    For now i also don't enjoy professions much, this would help for sure.

Deleted
    It would be great, it'd need to be update with new patrons/skin regularly to be really interesing.
    Sadly, considering what happened to 4.0 crafting epics in latter patches and since it increases the workload on bliz art team it's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gafannzo View Post
    I have been thinking alot about this the last couple of days. One of my biggest problems with my proffesions, is that they are boring. When i get my proffesions to max lvl, all i use them for are that occasional enchant on my new piece of gear (Here im thinking about profs like; LW, BS and Tailoring).

But why not add a new aspect to the crafting proffesions? Let them be able to craft gear that is specific for transmog. Like the gear from the challengemode dungeons, the crafted items would have any stats, but would be transmog able.

The crafted items could be new armour models, but it could also be some of the old tier models with the colorings that wasnt added to player gear.
    Maybe there could also be weapon models?
    An example:

http://goo.gl/GKf9j
    if the images doesnt work

The recipes for these "new" craft able items, would be bought with marks from a vendor, much like the JC recipes. These tokens could come from new BS, LW and Tailoring daily quests.

At last, it would open up a new market on the AH.

What do you guys and girls think?
    I think it would be a really good idea and I totally wish they did implement it but they definitely will not.

I can personally tell you that "transmorging" single handedly gave WoW a lifeline. I mean before this feature was implemented or before people started farming the gear in preparation for them, how many players on your realm actually ran the old raids besides to farm legendaries, mounts etc. Very few actually invested their time. Transmorgrification has given the casual player base and the new generation of (WTLK and pre Cata players ) WoW players something to do in their down time. They can go back and experience the old content they never could and at the same time get their hands on drops they never would have. I personally find that Vanilla/TBC and a few tiers in WTLK had the best gear design/colors, etc. Too many people never really raided and those that did never kept the gear sets simply cause they never had the place.

I've rarely if ever seen any BT/Sunwell or any other Vanilla/TBC raids and have never ran any before anything regarding Transmorging was released. However, that same week, I literally saw sooo many raids start up for all the old world raids. Since we all know how RNG dependent gear drops are especially from the earliest tier raids 1-2, it keeps people coming back to the game which keeps their subscription running.

No one even bothered running Naxx since the achievements/mounts were removed from the game. There is practically 4-5 weekly Naxx runs just for certain drops...the shield in particular being one of them. Similarly with Ulduar and ICC. Who would have imagined anyone wanting to run ICC after spending over a year in that place. But people do, to complete their certain sets or for that one weapon/bow to drop. I myself spent countless raid nights to get the bow from Lady Deathwhisper to drop which it finally did recently.

But what I am trying to basically say, if all this was simply crafted by the respective professions, it would simply be to easy to acquire which we all know Blizzard doesn't want that to happen. This would simply result in people ending up with nothing to do and in turn end up with people taking breaks from the game for a long time. From my personal discovery, I've found most people on my realm (it being a RP realm) spend more time on average running old world content/dungeons/raids, etc than they do running dailies or even current content.

There are a few random world drops that sell very well on my realm especially the Vanguard/Glorious set. People actually spend their in game time farming for them and it has a pretty ridiculous drop rate.

So even though I approve of your idea I don't really see Blizzard ever implementing it. And now with the BMAH, most previous tier items will probably end up on the AH. I am definitely going to wager the tier 3 set from Naxx will at some point or another end up on the BMAH!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wynterlyn View Post

But what I am trying to basically say, if all this was simply crafted by the respective professions, it would simply be to easy to acquire which we all know Blizzard doesn't want that to happen. This would simply result in people ending up with nothing to do and in turn end up with people taking breaks from the game for a long time. From my personal discovery, I've found most people on my realm (it being a RP realm) spend more time on average running old world content/dungeons/raids, etc than they do running dailies or even current content.

I wasnt thinking of using stuff like the original t6 og t10, but rather the colorisations that havent been available yet.
    It might open up for some of those last pieces of transmog gear that some people need, because now there would be a colorisation of said piece that fits their transmog set