Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    No. It's not easier per say, just less hard if you're at that level. The idea with DH's were they weren't supposed to be doing Act III with minimal gear. That's what it comes down to. If you think you were geared for it before, you were lying to yourself and were undergeared.

As for repair costs, I don't see the problem with them. You can now get the highest level items in Act I...if you're crying about 30k repair costs in Act III, all you have to do is farm Act I and sell all the rares and blues, and then AH any that are worth AH'ing. If you're not up to Inferno yet and are dying a lot, well, I have nothing to say in that regard.

People really are spoiled...

I waded into Act 3, but monsters died so slow I knew I could never farm it how I was geared (24k DPS).

Wizard btw.

Deleted
    Act 3? lol

Had Butcher inferno on farm pre patch, had Zultan inferno on farm pre patch. Increased my damage 20% post patch with new items and both Butcher and Zultan are impossible..

Blizztards strike again. OP or nerfed to the ground seems to be the only 2 settings those retards have. And yes as a software developer myself, I can safely say, that if D3 is the result of 7 years dev time, they are complete and utter retards who should be fired for gross incompetence. Especially their QA departments for wow and D3 must be about 37% dumber than wet cardboard.

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    'slight' is an understatement, we do less dps then other classes and have barely any survivability.
    barely an survivability? your survivability is that, if you play well, you can move around mobs without needing to be in melee range. you don't need stupidly OP IAS to have survivability. If you think you do, quit that game for a game you'd be better at.
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Act 3? lol

Had Butcher inferno on farm pre patch, had Zultan inferno on farm pre patch. Increased my damage 20% post patch with new items and both Butcher and Zultan are impossible..

Blizztards strike again. OP or nerfed to the ground seems to be the only 2 settings those retards have. And yes as a software developer myself, I can safely say, that if D3 is the result of 7 years dev time, they are complete and utter retards who should be fired for gross incompetence. Especially their QA departments for wow and D3 must be about 37% dumber than wet cardboard.
    Their customer service has dive bombed, speaking from experience. And check out this gem (not me):

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/4018/proofmj.jpg

Definitely getting a little weary of the bullshit coming out of Irvine these days. Though Diablo 3 is a fun game for me.
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-06-21 at 07:25 PM.

I was once on Diablo with my witch doctor. Now I can not kill a boss in act3 before they enrage. Most of my kills took a lot of dodging abilities and stamina of doing so. Now its not happening on siege and ghom. Two bosses i farmed even in my 9k magic find gear I can no longer farm in my regular gear.

And yes as a software developer myself, I can safely say, that if D3 is the result of 7 years dev time
    It wasn't in development for 7 years. You being a software developer (don't believe you anyway) has what to do with anything?
    Gotta love people who think because they can't do something it isn't possible.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Dacien;17257050]

Their customer service has dive bombed, speaking from experience. And check out this gem (not me):

Definitely getting a little weary of the bullshit coming out of Irvine these days. Though Diablo 3 is a fun game for me.
    I am often completely baffled by the arrogance of blue posters and Blizz in general. But what amazes me most is that you can bring up a problem that is widely known, effects masses of people and Blizz will still deny it and fanboys will still call you a hater. Constructive or even relevant critizism (sp? sorry english is my 3 lang) is basically non existant if you ask blues or fanboys. The decline of Blizz may be the steepest in the gaming industry ever..

Blizz, we used to rape the competition, now we just rape you... Buy our ½ finished games and crappy launches, yeah you will still love it and we will make money while laughing in your face.

D3 was the last $ Blizz will ever get from me.

[QUOTE=Dacien;17257050]

Damn that sucks. Reminds me of Ebay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    It wasn't in development for 7 years. You being a software developer (don't believe you anyway) has what to do with anything?
    Gotta love people who think because they can't do something it isn't possible.
    Actually D3 was in development for 7 years.. If you beleive what I do or not doesn´t really matter. Any 2 year old should see that a company with the resouces of Blizz should not be releasing the shitty quality they are. But i bet you loved error 37 from a multi billion dollar company.

The fact is I do develop software for a worldwide company with 50k+ employees in 37 countries, and if I delivered the kind of shit blizz does, or let the things fly blizz do in their QA (i started in QA) I would be fired in a heartbeat. See we have demanding customers. Blizzard have braindead fanboys who will defend anything they fuck up. Gotta love people who live in moms basement and therefore never beleive anyone has a job.

Edit: Actually it has been in development since 2001.

Development on Diablo III began in 2001 when Blizzard North was still in operation, and the game was first announced on June 28, 2008, at the Blizzard Worldwide Invitational in Paris, France
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diablo_III

Making things even more fucking wacky
    Last edited by mmoc3eb006e951; 2012-06-21 at 07:17 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No not really I did get the nerf bat pretty hardcore hell it wasn't even a nerf but rather a fix to my class

I am struggling now mind you so okay maybe it is harder hahaha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    Ignorance, the reason why DH stack pure dps is because they were impatient and cheap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOir0l63vAk I don't see a shield, nor do I see 800 resist this is also inferno diablo.
    That was prenerf, we can't heal that much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Ignorance, the reason why we have to stack pure dps is because 1 touch = death unlike every other class.

The only time defensive DH is ever viable (and this was demonstrated before) is a DH with a shield, 800 resit, 50k health and has to use shadow power with gloom and preparation when its up in order to survive more then one hit.

This was on inferno diablo.
    Bullshit. DH's are fragile because people BUILT them that way. And people built them that way because IAS made it so they could. Now IAS is dampened down and you're all like, "Well now what?"

Allow me to answer that question for you. Learn to kite and use some goddamn survivability stats and abilities.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2012-06-21 at 07:43 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Bullshit. DH's are fragile because people BUILT them that way. And people built them that way because IAS made it so they could. Now IAS is dampened down and you're all like, "Well now what?"

Allow me to answer that question for you. Learn to kite and use some goddamn survivability stats and abilities.
    Please remember, blizz made so that building them that way was most effective, their game, their rules. And thats what they wanted, but suddenly didn´t want because the fucktards didn´t run sims on best gear for DH.

Yeah they are hitting us glass cannons pretty hard, a lot harder than needed actually. The nerf to DH damage when you factor everything together is just insane. So what Blizz actually did, is take DH who spent millions on the best DPS gear and set them back from inferno to hell, with the need for another 30 mill of gear to get to where you were pre nerf.

Blizz is a multi billion dollar company and they didn´t even map these scenarios out during development. Fucking retards would be fired in any other bussiness.

And it seems that class balance is such an issue for blizz that they have to pingeonhole every class into 50k life, 800 resist all bla bla, just like they killed wow.

The one thing I loved absolutely most about D3 was the very dynamic spec system. So many possibilities and specs to make for every encounter. What do Blizz do, remove it and add 5 stacks NV buff as basically mandatory for even a shot at good gear. Gratz tards.
    Last edited by mmoc3eb006e951; 2012-06-21 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    I am laughing at all of the glass cannons that say it was a nerf to their class or build instead of accepting the fact it was the gear choice. Then again you could always go with the fotm and get 4pc nats and have like 70% uptime on shadowpower-gloom. But they will nerf that at some point too. They don't want people running around with 20k hp and no mitigation clearing inferno.
    To be fair, it WAS a massive nerf to our dps no matter how you look at it. Nether Tentacles going from hitting twice on small mobs and 5+ times on bosses, to hitting only once is a 50-80% damage nerf by itself.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 07:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post

IAS nerf has nothing to do with it. Its Nether Tentacles nerf.

Act 3? lol

Zultan got an enrage added to him like the other bosses, don't know if you are aware. You got 3 minutes to kill him now or your dead. I can't tell you why you are having trouble with the Butcher though. No difference to farming him for me after patch. The fire does less damage in the corners of his room, that's about it. I did not have much attack speed to get nerfed though in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Ignorance, the reason why we have to stack pure dps is because 1 touch = death unlike every other class.

The only time defensive DH is ever viable (and this was demonstrated before) is a DH with a shield, 800 resit, 50k health and has to use shadow power with gloom and preparation when its up in order to survive more then one hit.

This was on inferno diablo.
    50k hp on a DH? lol? 50k hp on anything is stupid(even melee). There's a reason why the best potion only heals for 12,500. It's blizz's way of telling you that stacking vitality is useless. When it comes to defense it's not about how much hp you have, it's about how much mitigation stats you have. That DH would have been WAY better off dropping his HP down to 20k-25k and changing all that vit out for resist/armor/%dmg reduction and life on hit/leech. Would of definitely been able to take way more damage. What's better having 50k hp and getting hit for 20-30k+? or having 20-25k hp and getting hit for 5-6k? Life on hit and leech even become more valuable with more mitigation as well because it's more work for the enemies to make you lose that hp again.

OT: Me personally, I haven't gotten to act 3 yet. I got to Act 2 Inferno Belial last night and his new enrage in P3 is kicking my ass. I really can't progress until I get a higher DPS weapon or take a glass cannon along(I'm a monk). He hits it at about 1/8 hp left with me already using a bunch of DPS skills. It's understandable though, I kind of like it. I shouldn't just be able to roll over an Inferno boss on my gear level without some work.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-06-21 at 08:16 PM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Dh's have had 4-5 game changing nerfs in a month. No other class has been nerfed like the dh. Typical dh basher, no clue on the class and think we ss all day with mana.
    My choice of wording was directed at the person I replied to. I never meant to say that other classes were nerfed. I'm not bashing DH, I'm bashing the DH players who whine about being nerfed. DH's were brought in line with the other classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    To be fair, it WAS a massive nerf to our dps no matter how you look at it. Nether Tentacles going from hitting twice on small mobs and 5+ times on bosses, to hitting only once is a 50-80% damage nerf by itself.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 07:59 PM ----------

IAS nerf has nothing to do with it. Its Nether Tentacles nerf.

What he fails to understand is, Blizz made the game so that glass cannon was the most viable spec. I´ll say it again so that the retard you quoted might understand, BLIZZ MADE GC THE BEST SPEC, then killed it.

Mobs and elite packs we do fine, but on bosses we have been nerfed to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by cigar3tte View Post
    My choice of wording was directed at the person I replied to. I never meant to say that other classes were nerfed. I'm not bashing DH, I'm bashing the DH players who whine about being nerfed. DH's were brought in line with the other classes.
    Ok so our damage was nerfed by 60% giving us no buffs. Please explain why my Barb, WD and Wizard all do stuff easily now that my DH can´t do? Blizz made the game so DH GC was most effective, they removed the cannon but let the glass remain.

Pingeonholing every Inferno char to the same stats is probably the laziest and downright shittiest game development I have ever seen.
    Last edited by mmoc3eb006e951; 2012-06-21 at 08:18 PM.

Act 3? lol

The fact that you can't even kill Butcher just justifies the nerfs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cigar3tte View Post
    The fact that you can't even kill Butcher just justifies the nerfs.
    Yeah I should just spend millions and outgear it like everyone else. Is that what you are saying? Because I think a nerf that takes me from Belial inferno to skeleton king inferno might a bit to much. Did any other classes move that far back?

And don´t give me a bunch of BS about glass cannons. Blizz made the game so they were most effective, then completely broke the spec.