Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Inscription - Huge server problem. One player with absolute AH control.

Yo.

So... Our low population realm has this guy, who is online 24/7. He sells ALL glyphs possible and the moment you post a new Glyph on the AH, undercutting him, 1 minute later you get undercutted by him for 1 copper. It's not just me, it's every Scribe out there... We got around 35 of them. No one can do a thing about it...

Other Scribes have school/work and other stuff to do, I'm not going to devote my entire day into doing something trivial like that. The guy obviously has no life. He's been doing it for 4 months now, and I waited.... And waited, yet he even told me he's never gonna stop. At all.

Now, listen to this. So, us scribes can't make any gold whatsoever and you think ''Boy, the guy selling all those glyphs must be rich'' Wrong. He gives the money to random people on trade for free.... Including gold sellers.

So, he's spending (wasting) his precious time doing absolutely nothing useful to himself, the only impact is that scribes are unable to make any money. Why would a person devote so much effort into bringing only bad stuff to others....

So, yeah. When MoP comes, he's gonna continue doing this. Is there anything else I can do beside kiss my profession's business away? I mean... I've talked to around 13 other scribes and we all agree this is unfair.

Why can't it be like it was before... You post a Glyph, depends on the time, one day later, a few got sold and the others are keen to be restocked. Everyone liked that, since we all earned equally. Now, only one person does that and he's going for Jewelcrafting next etc.

Bottom line. The entire servers auction house/players tying to make gold will be dead. Only one person will be making the money and then throwing it away.

What do you think? I know, he's putting effort into this but it's unfair, throwing the money away... Come on!

umad bro?

That's what a free market is, if you don't want to put the time in he gets to take advantage.

Also, so what if he gives away his gold, it's his after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronek View Post
    umad bro?

That's what a free market is, if you don't want to put the time in he gets to take advantage.

Also, so what if he gives away his gold, it's his after all.
    No no this is not correct at all ignore this assholes statement. Hes fucking up your servers econmoy report his ass and have every scribe you know do it and report the same claims. Make sure you give the GMs the time and exact details of when he says these things and if you can proof that he gives his gold away to the sellers. He will get banned so fast if you get multiple people to complain about him giving/selling gold to the sellers. He also might be using illegal add ons to make his transactions. Theres no way he spends that much time on the AH all day, he obviously has a bot that sits at the AH and does that. Which is totally illegal to, take some action and get his ass banned dude.

Dont listen to this dumb fuck above me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Real world tendencies say hi. Imagine you are a small local store and he is a supermarket. He sells the same stuff 24/7 and cheaper and more of it. You are only open a few hours per day. Common sense says he is clearly the winner here. If you have the dedication to spam undercut him, then you have chances of making a profit. If you do not have the time needed, well, sucks to be in your position. I'd suggest to leave the market in peace.

However, in MOP scribes are getting something that is fairly similar to dreamcloth. You can only make one per day and you need a few of it for epic boe gear, such as offhands. One person can not make enough on his own, since it is only one per day. You might have some chances then, if only to sell the boe stuff.

The gold seller portion was just something OP said because he was mad and there is most likely no way he can prove it since the guy just advertises in trade that he is giving away his gold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by silentk59 View Post
    No no this is not correct at all ignore this assholes statement. Hes fucking up your servers econmoy report his ass and have every scribe you know do it and report the same claims. Make sure you give the GMs the time and exact details of when he says these things and if you can proof that he gives his gold away to the sellers. He will get banned so fast if you get multiple people to complain about him giving/selling gold to the sellers. He also might be using illegal add ons to make his transactions. Theres no way he spends that much time on the AH all day, he obviously has a bot that sits at the AH and does that. Which is totally illegal to, take some action and get his ass banned dude.

Best Response so far, I'll rally the others and consult. Thanx.

With fiction like this you'll be a pulitzer prize winner in no time. But don't forget where you came from when you're the bigshot successful author.

10+ Year Old Account

Admire your imagination and creativity!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    The gold seller portion was just something OP said because he was mad and there is most likely no way he can prove it since the guy just advertises in trade that he is giving away his gold.
    Wrong. I had a chat with him and he told me that he sells it to various people and if you check the trade chat, every now and then you can see ''Who ever /pokes me first gets 2000 gold!'' ''First person who open the trade window at me gets 5k gold, hurry before I delete it'' and ofcourse ''So *he inserts around 5x scribes names* why don't you just quit, you know you can't sell anything now ''

I'd like to think it's a bot or just someone who is insane. Either way I was going to suggest that you and who else you know, report him. It can't hurt. I've reported so many farming bots lately and while it takes some time, they do eventually get banned. Same deal, all you can do is try.

If you start undercutting him (which doesn't take any effort at all with the right addons) 3-4 times every day it will be just as annoying for him as it is for you. If all the AH scribes on your server jsut let him have the monopoly he stands to make a LOT of glyph gold (assuming you're not on a dead server).

Annoy him too and he might move on to other areas of the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanxys View Post
    SNIP
    It's ok, with the introduction of heroic t14 raid gear being sold on the black market AH, blizzard will control people with lots of gold whilst at the same time further trivialising the game.

My advice, pick up a new profession or give up on hoping to have more gold than you need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanxys View Post
    Wrong. I had a chat with him and he told me that he sells it to various people and if you check the trade chat, every now and then you can see ''Who ever /pokes me first gets 2000 gold!'' ''First person who open the trade window at me gets 5k gold, hurry before I delete it'' and ofcourse ''So *he inserts around 5x scribes names* why don't you just quit, you know you can't sell anything now ''
    Sorry but why are you upset about that? A lot of people do that, even on my server, I do it too when I get bored. Heck, I gave out two vial of the sands mounts to two people who were the first one to find me and dance for me with bunny ears during the Easter event. You are destroying your own post at the moment, you might have received more useful responses however with comments like that it is also like adding ''OH AND THAT GLYPH SELLER PROBABLY HATES PUPPIES TOO". It is understandable that you are upset, but I'd keep the half imaginary flaming to myself and the gm tickets if I were you.

If somebody pisses me off like that I try to ruin the price for him until he gives up.
    Like post 5 of each glyph at cost price. If he undercuts you - let him, he'll make a loss.
    You need some extra glyphs stockpiled though in case he tries to buy out your items and repost them for much more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Meh. Doesn't seem problematic so much to me, but who knows. Things could be shady. Anyway. Smile, nod and report it to Blizz. Let them sort it out.
    The problem is, you can no longer report people by opening a ticket. You have to be able to click on either their character, or their name in chat. If you can't find the person, you can't report him. I ran across this exact issue but with herbs rather than glyphs. Basically the same story as the OP. So I opened a ticket and reported him for basically ruining the economy. Blizzard sent me an email saying they can't do shit about it unless you use the built-in report feature. I fired back that I can't find the guy to do this...and they sent me the same exact response word for word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    The problem is, you can no longer report people by opening a ticket. You have to be able to click on either their character, or their name in chat. If you can't find the person, you can't report him. I ran across this exact issue but with herbs rather than glyphs. Basically the same story as the OP. So I opened a ticket and reported him for basically ruining the economy. Blizzard sent me an email saying they can't do shit about it unless you use the built-in report feature. I fired back that I can't find the guy to do this...and they sent me the same exact response word for word.
    I still don't get how people are under impression that monopoly is a bad thing. It might not be fun for you but it is ok according to the rules. No one will ever get banned for controlling the market.

Want blues?

here:

once again quoting a blue post: You know no one that has been banned for 'too many' auctions, or holding a monopoly since that just isn't done, as others have stated - the AH is a free market as long as everything is legitimately obtained.

Sour Grapes. He is using the market to his advantage. Time and time again BLizz says this is as intended. Not everything you don;t like is cheating. Giving gold away, and even expressing his desire to control the market isn't cheating, it's a built in part of the game. Use your time to get around him/her. Sell in Chat, what ever, but the examples, imaginary or not, you gave don;t constitute cheating. Move on.

Deep undercutting. Keep on listing. Try to reduce your costs.

If he posts below your minimum's then he's gonna start leeching gold too fast (unless his main income is not glyphs and he keeps undercutting below cost just for fun) and eventually will have to move out of the market or buy you out.

10+ Year Old Account
    glyphs wont be as profitable in Mists as they are now...in mists we will own the shoulder enchant market and weapons in first teir of raiding