10+ Year Old Account

Hardcore Near Deaths!

Last night had two (level 56, hell, act 2 barbarian):

- Waller arcane enchanted plagued that I can't even understand how I survived. More than once I was down to 200 or 300 health out of 37,000 with one second to go on a cooldown or potion but somehow made it. It was a frightening run
    - I jumped into a pack of...I think teleporter molten fast and found a champion with his own pack right next to them of something I never got to see. About 30 seconds in, the game suddenly quit with the message "This Game has Been Terminated". Scared the crap out of me and I was absolutely sure I was dead. I kept trying so hard to log in and finally, when it let me in, I found I was sent back to the beginning of the area with all the gold, items, and XP I'd earned intact. My heart was pounding like crazy!

Post your near-death hardcore experiences!

10+ Year Old Account
    Only have a lvl 40 WD and haven't been playing cause I've noticed a lot of "rubberbanding" this week.

So far only close to death experience was carelessly letting myself get frozen just as they put a desecration puddle under me. Screen went red before I could Spirit Walk + Potion.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Only have a lvl 40 WD and haven't been playing cause I've noticed a lot of "rubberbanding" this week.

So far only close to death experience was carelessly letting myself get frozen just as they put a desecration puddle under me. Screen went red before I could Spirit Walk + Potion.
    With all that int, shouldn't you have a lot of resist against that?

my closest ever was in act 2 hell, being severely undergeared as monk.. was fighting a shielding / vortex / waller pack.
    no big deal right? wrong! ran straight into a champion pack with electrified / invulnerable minions / molten.

needless to say, its a miracle i survived.

Unfortunately this was softcore... but this would give someone a heart attack in hardcore for sure.

Pack of 4 skeletons in inferno act 1 with molten and waller. In a narrow hallway.
    See where this is going right?
    I run in, pop serenity due to the inevitable rush of high damage melee hits, as I go to run out... BOOM wall. Breath of heaven, potion, health draining like nuts because of molten skeletons, and suddenly...
    Health globe drops at 20%, stopping my draining health (+13k health bonus per globe on gear is awesome) just as the wall breaks and I escape.

I then killed them in a bit more of an open area where that wouldn't have happened again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

Deleted
    nearly died a couple of times in act 2 inferno wasps. getting blocked into a corner with 5 wasps pilling there shitty little adds into you = painful. can't even remember the am ount of times they took me down to 1-5% before i either managed to heal up, teleport or waypoint back!

they finally got the better of me when i stupidly attempted to kill a pack of elite wasps with waller and molten. was kiting them around for a bit until i backed myself into a corner and got walled in. i was then met by a bombardment of those little fuckers that explode. 80% to 0 in a matter of seconds. :P