Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Oh you, Gamestop!

Apparently on their site the release date is on December 31st. I kinda laughed.

10+ Year Old Account
    This needed a thread? Is there not a Megathread for this game already?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    This needed a thread? Is there not a Megathread for this game already?
    No game was mentioned in the OP or the title, therefore you already know how silly what you said is.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-06-22 at 03:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was posted in the Guild Wars two forum though.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

Whats so funny about that date?

I'm not defending GameStop..they already tried to guess the release date some time in late 2011 and that time has passed. But I could see GW2 being a holiday 2012 game and I'm COMPLETELY fine with that. Yes, I wan the game to come out asap. But the longer they hold off the more polished it will be in the end. I don't need another SWTOR at launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually Gamestop, as well as many other retail companies, sell future products always on Dec 31st because they themselves don't know the date but they want to get pre-orders rolling. Or in this case, pre-purchases. Once they get the official release, they normally send an email to the recipient about the release date and will schedule them to pick it up on that date.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    Whats so funny about that date?

I'm not defending GameStop..they already tried to guess the release date some time in late 2011 and that time has passed. But I could see GW2 being a holiday 2012 game and I'm COMPLETELY fine with that. Yes, I wan the game to come out asap. But the longer they hold off the more polished it will be in the end. I don't need another SWTOR at launch.
    What is funny is that retailers keeps pulling dates out of their asses for no particular reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Khanjin View Post
    What is funny is that retailers keeps pulling dates out of their asses for no particular reason.
    And Gamestop is easilly the worst of the bunch, just like everything else they do. Except pre-order bonuses.

Will NEVER understand why Publishers/Studios work together with Gamestop to create exclusive Gamestop pre-order bonuses, when it's Gamestop that has done the most damage to Gaming, even more so than piracy.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I always assumed that they couldn't sell pre-orders (or pre-purchases) if they didn't give a date. So there is a reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

o.O i have worked at gamestop for over a month now, and I can whole hearty tell you my manager wants me to sell used games, but really.
    the thing is as far as I understood after talking with a senior worker, is that, the Game publishers don't even tell ous until like a month or so before release.
    as far as pre-orders goes, basicly yeh..at least in the store where i work, we are NOT allowed to sell pre-orders etc unless we got a date, but that might be Gamestop Sweden for all I know.

They are required by law over here to provide a date, in order to be allowed to take pre-orders/pre-purchases.

"this year GW2 is out but we have no official release date" and the latest date in the year is? Feels like it makes sense to me.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuukon View Post
    And Gamestop is easilly the worst of the bunch, just like everything else they do. Except pre-order bonuses.

Will NEVER understand why Publishers/Studios work together with Gamestop to create exclusive Gamestop pre-order bonuses, when it's Gamestop that has done the most damage to Gaming, even more so than piracy.
    Why's that? No sarcasm, I'd truly like to know.
    “It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so fucking what.”

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    They are required by law over here to provide a date, in order to be allowed to take pre-orders/pre-purchases.
    But not required to hold that date? ... lol

10+ Year Old Account
    *Cradles self back and forth, whispering to self repeatedly*
    "It's only Gamestop... It's only Gamestop... It isn't true..."

Quote Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
    *Cradles self back and forth, whispering to self repeatedly*
    "It's only Gamestop... It's only Gamestop... It isn't true..."
    pretty sure it's just Gamestop it would be stupid otherwise.

Deleted
    I wouldn't be suprised sadly .

Finally Gamestop got it right!! I tried to tell you guys it would be released in December but no! Most of you said June/July! Reason being: Anet got our money and they won't want us to wait til the end of the year because too many people would be angry. It's really a matter of how many would be more angry if the game were released and it had major issues versus waiting longer and it being released with only minor issues. Which would you choose if you were the game manufacturer? As far as releasing when another game is being released, sure they wouldn't want to release in the same week as another major game, but give or take a few weeks doesn't change much as far as major versus minor issues.

I really believe that Gamestop has it more close to reality this time than last time. I would like the game to be released much sooner but not if it has major issues that need correcting that affects game play. Get it right the first time (or at least very close) and there are more happy customers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why skipped my post regarding why GameStop and other retail stores does but I guess you all went insane .

Anet said their designated release is around Q3. That is what I heard them said. Obviously it could be wrong but we'll see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure last week their "release date" was June 26th . Maybe now they are just trying to be conservative :P.