Thread: Monk PoV Videos

Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

Exclamation Monk PoV Videos

This thread is specifically for PvP, Raid, and Challenge Mode PoV videos.

A few rules for the thread:
    - - - Don't beg for likes, favorites, subscribers, etc. - - -
    - - - Don't bash or insult anyone's videos - - -
    - - - Don't use this to advertise contests, giveaways, etc. - - -

Have a Monk POV video you would like to share to the MMO-Champion community?
    Go right on ahead and post them below. If you can emphasize what the video shows in a description, please do!
    Last edited by MixelPlx; 2013-03-03 at 11:17 AM.

Thanx for the vid. I expect the numbers will be tuned up at release as they're probably focusing on testing the encounter itself rather than the dificulty.

I couldn't help but notice you didn't try to get renewing mists across the raid. This, along with timing uplift with the AoE hits allows us to be extremely powerful AoE healers. Basically stack up 4 Chi before an AoE hit and use uplift twice will top off the raid along with the remaining ticks of RM. I ended up doing this fight about 10 times and between myself and a druid healer we were able to 2 heal this fight with completely ignoring all mechanics and stack all three on top of each other and averaging 60k HPS for the fight.
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2012-06-25 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Please avoid excessive use of font and color tags.

Deleted
    Looks neat!

Even without numbers tuning, looks overly simple. However, kind of expected with the route they took for Cata, and for a first tier anyway. Looks like it could have been 2 healed for faster kill; how were the Druid and Priest's mana?

Updated original thread for "The Spirit Kings" video. Logs are available for that if you're interested in looking at them also.
    Last edited by MixelPlx; 2012-06-26 at 03:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EGTactics View Post
    Updated original thread for "The Spirit Kings" video. Logs are available for that if you're interested in looking at them also.
    If you'd like, we can alter this thread a bit to be a Monk PoV thread (similar to the one in the paladin forums found here). That way, we could keep everything in one place.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

You linked the Stone Guard vid again instead of Spirit King

Quote Originally Posted by Gothmoogle View Post
    You linked the Stone Guard vid again instead of Spirit King
    Holy crap, good call.. Haha thanks for finding that.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    If you'd like, we can alter this thread a bit to be a Monk PoV thread (similar to the one in the paladin forums found here). That way, we could keep everything in one place.
    That sounds great.
    Beats having myself and others making multiple threads for videos.

Interesting you mostly DPS'd healed that one, ..but thank god you finally started using renewing mists more.

But here is my log healing primarily as a "standard" healer where you can see the differences in the two.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r.../?s=972&e=1422

Quote Originally Posted by Dahakas View Post
    Interesting you mostly DPS'd healed that one, ..but thank god you finally started using renewing mists more.

But here is my log healing primarily as a "standard" healer where you can see the differences in the two.

Hilariously enough, this boss could easily be duo healed(Not sure why we didn't). Eminence ticks going off for 30-40k with CJL spam is amazing .

Majority of the mechanics during "The Spirit Kings" can mitigated by movement/communication.

43k DPS, 23k HPS. Yes please!

.. Lets hope they don't nerf Zen Sphere too hard into the ground
    Last edited by MixelPlx; 2012-06-26 at 08:40 PM.

Looking more into your video of the you DPS healing, I think mana is going to be an issue for longer fights. This one is very short at about 6 minutes, but 13+ minute fights I don't see DPS healing being nearly as viable in it's current state without having to play more conservatively, which in term creates far less healing. (Although yes this fight should have been two healed, but ffs the other 2 healers in your group were useless.)

But I could easily say the same for a fight like Gara'jal the Spiritbinder, which would have ran me OOM at about 50% through the fight (But I think my group as well as some of the best int he world were just missing something on this fight) I still fail to see how the one group that killed him had a monk solo heal upstairs without ever getting the mana regen from the "Void World".

Quote Originally Posted by Dahakas View Post

Yea he did DPS wiht CJL there but not as a melee healer. He still stood in the range for the most of the time. I think that fight could be easly been done as a melee healer. Spamming CJL is not much for a dps healer. You could easly think of it as spamming same healspel over and over again.

Would have been more fun if you had melee more EGT, I did see you used a few BoK.

And if its a long boss fight i dont see how that would be bad for a melee healer? If you do it right you will have alot of Chi and alot of mana tea stacks. When i melee heal I use the mana tea glyph and when i have 2 stacks i use it asap (well not if im full on mana) But if you do that you will surive longer wiht your mana. I havent tested melee healing wihtout the mana tea glyph since i rather autoattack then zipping 10stacks of manatea

10+ Year Old Account
    That sounds great.
    Beats having myself and others making multiple threads for videos.
    Thread name changed, and thread stickied.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

10+ Year Old Account
    awesome thread, some cool vids.

anyone got any non Mistweaver PoV vids ;p BM would be superb.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    Would have been more fun if you had melee more EGT, I did see you used a few BoK.

And if its a long boss fight i dont see how that would be bad for a melee healer? If you do it right you will have alot of Chi and alot of mana tea stacks. When i melee heal I use the mana tea glyph and when i have 2 stacks i use it asap (well not if im full on mana) But if you do that you will surive longer wiht your mana. I havent tested melee healing wihtout the mana tea glyph since i rather autoattack then zipping 10stacks of manatea
    That is because melee healing is mana efficient, however, the healing output is not that great compared to CJL and not pure healing (as it shouldn't) The biggest problem with CJL is the mana cost to Chi gain ratio.

Updated for "Will of the Emperor".
    Wish there were some decent pugs for that boss and time was extended a bit >.<
    Last edited by MixelPlx; 2012-06-27 at 10:58 PM.

Updated for "Will of the Emperor".
    Wish there were some decent pugs for that boss and time was extended a bit >.<
    ^^

but logs for this

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...m/healingDone/

Overall the healing is actually pretty light ---- easily 2 heals.

Will of the Emperor

10 Normal with Vent. Apologies for vent click noises.

Garalon

10 Man Normal with Vent. Messy kill but, we got there I guess. On this attempt I managed around 105k effective HPS, showing the power (or overpower) of Mistweaver Monks and their current state on the Beta.

Elegon

A kill of the fifth boss in Mogu'shan Vaults on 10 man Normal mode from a Mistweaver (Healer) Monk's PoV with Vent.

The fight turned out to be quite simple, involving a heavy add nuke phase which pretty much determines the outcome of the fight.

I forgot Jade Serpent Statue because I'm bad.

Last edited by Redfern; 2012-07-04 at 04:16 AM.

seriously need some windwalker povs lol
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.