Thread: Monk PoV Videos

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm in love with Henson's UI. It's so easy read and displays everything soooooo well!

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's our Elegon kill, please keep in mind my MS is mistweaver but had to dps this boss, so I am VERY awful :P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkTYRRMZRcs&feature=plcp

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had been lurking on these forums for a while, and it really has helped me get a grip on understanding Monk playstyle. I am an officer in my guild and do the video recording for our raids while tanking. I have switched from my bear to a monk, and i'm loving it. Anyways, i'm sure i can't post a link yet, but maybe one of those work around links.. check it out, let me know what yall think, and Enjoy.

www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=TVYdFtzO3XM&feature=g-upl

For anyone wondering, my UI is custom made and is not available for download (have already had request). If i see enough people wanting it i might throw it up onto wowinterface. I wanna thank the people over in the brewmaster weakaura's forum thread for their help in getting some weak aura's out, only one i didn't modify is the Stagger Group.

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 02:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mjhenson9 View Post
    Hello Monks,

I will be publishing some Monk Tanking Pespective videos over the next week. Part 3 of the series, Gara'jal the Spiritbinder, is already out at: [search youtube for 6opajuBjAbs as I cannot post links yet] These are not so much strategies, but annotated and narrated videos explaining how I was able to accomplish the fight from my point of view, and they are of our first kills so there will be plenty of refinement. Still, I hope you can find some decent nuggets in there to help you with your progress as well.
    I enjoyed this video, was very clean and clear.. Keep it up, i'll be sure to check in from time to time.

Deleted
    /watch?v=5bLLZ_abCrw (cant link yet its on youtube

helaing garajal, would love critique so i can improve

Deleted
    Moin moin,

So we killed Today Feng the Accursed Heroic...
    And here is the Kill Video to it...
    It´s only the last phase...
    I hope you still enjoy it.
    I was pretty oom and was a hard part for me the end

Your,
    Holy

Haven't seen any Windwalker PoV yet, so here's mine on our first Gara'jal kill.
    I would also love some critique, so I can improve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarp View Post
    Haven't seen any Windwalker PoV yet, so here's mine on our first Gara'jal kill.

Video edited away, because I cant post links
    Nice video!
    What UI is that?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarp View Post
    well for starters you can start adding the music in the description :P
    as a ww no idea, sinceI'm an mw

Quote Originally Posted by Alexyo View Post
    Nice video!
    What UI is that?

It's just standard UI with skinned blizzard unitframes.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubity
    well for starters you can start adding the music in the description :P
    as a ww no idea, sinceI'm an mw
    It's kinda troll music but I think the songs are called Shanghai Romance from Orange Caramel and Roly Poly from T-ara.

I stream my raids every Thurs, Sun, and Mon between 9:30pm and 12:30 AM EST, and any other random stuff I may be doing. Feel free to swing by and critique how I am doing as a healer anytime. http://www.twitch.tv/jekerdud

Brewmaster POV on Feng the Accursed 25 heroic.. enjoy for your viewing pleasure...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=QbWl5PIfTLc

come check out AOF

www.aof-guild.com

Deleted
    Mistweaver two-healing Feng 10 heroic. messed up with TFT sometimes, but maybe still interesting 'cause of two-healing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqF2uUk4M0Y

15+ Year Old Account
    Brewmaster Monk vs HEROIC: Gara'jal (10-man)

Zumzar PoV
    Last edited by Zumzar; 2012-10-31 at 01:04 AM.
    My Character: Zumzar
    My Guild: www.machinewow.dk - 3 days-a-week raiding guild - 2/7 on Mythic in Highmaul
    My YouTube Channel: www.YouTube.com/ZumzarWoW

Deleted

Moin moin,

So here we go with our Gara'jal the Spiritbinder Heroic
    PoV Monk MW
    It´s just working when Both healer can´t go in that you EvM the DPS who go in and he get top...

Enjoy it and comment it pls

Your,
    Holy
    Last edited by mmoccc3671e254; 2012-10-26 at 02:47 PM.

Windwalker Monk on 10 Man Heroic Stone Guard & Feng
    My Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ncake/advanced

Deleted
    here is our second stone guard HC kill, very messy, and pay attention to the berserk timer , PoV from a brewmaster monk

15+ Year Old Account
    HEROIC Elegon (10-man) - Brewmaster Monk Pov

Thread about H: Elegon as a Brewmaster. Click the link below and discuss the fight as a Brewmaster Monk.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...onk-PoV-Zumzar
    Last edited by Zumzar; 2012-10-31 at 01:04 AM.
    My Guild: www.machinewow.dk - 3 days-a-week raiding guild - 2/7 on Mythic in Highmaul

Zumzar - Why do you do 5 and 4 for sphere phases and reset stacks every sphere? 4/4 is plenty and you could spend more time on the boss. It also allows you to cycle through the healing cooldowns at the end easier because the boss is lower.

You don't need to reset stacks so much, and you clearly shouldn't reset stacks after you kill the last one because after the next wave hits you are running out anyway. I noticed you were half and half Keg Smashing the spheres when they come out, but shoot for 100%.

Why are your tanks not soaking the total annihilation from the protectors? Specifically you I guess with Diffuse Magic. You are already outside the platform, might as well wait the 3-4 secs for the annihilation to go off, then run in and taunt boss. Saves healer/dps from having to soak and spend more time doing what they should be doing.

Cosmic Sparks - You are slowing them well, but when you get them grouped up and they are stunned, Keg Smash, BoF, and spinning crane kick their asses. Throw in a leg sweep for good measure. They die insanely fast then.

Just some tips to help you guys improve.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Smile Monk Windwalker PvE Raid 25-10 Videos! Good Quality..

Hey, im still learning about monk Windwalker so im working in some vids in 10 and 25man for all of you that don't know if roll to DPS with the Monk the DPS is very decent in my opinion if you have the skills
    So here is my playlist about my Monk Windwalker, i'm still learning any kind of help will be welcome just post a comment in the video

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...w1j2JgZLZPc26h

1st Video then Continue watching more in my playlist..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Zumzar - Why do you do 5 and 4 for sphere phases and reset stacks every sphere? 4/4 is plenty and you could spend more time on the boss. It also allows you to cycle through the healing cooldowns at the end easier because the boss is lower.

You don't need to reset stacks so much, and you clearly shouldn't reset stacks after you kill the last one because after the next wave hits you are running out anyway. I noticed you were half and half Keg Smashing the spheres when they come out, but shoot for 100%.

Why are your tanks not soaking the total annihilation from the protectors? Specifically you I guess with Diffuse Magic. You are already outside the platform, might as well wait the 3-4 secs for the annihilation to go off, then run in and taunt boss. Saves healer/dps from having to soak and spend more time doing what they should be doing.

Cosmic Sparks - You are slowing them well, but when you get them grouped up and they are stunned, Keg Smash, BoF, and spinning crane kick their asses. Throw in a leg sweep for good measure. They die insanely fast then.

Just some tips to help you guys improve.
    Thanks for the tips, Gynshon. It was my first night on Elegon hc, so I literally just reset every time to make sure. I've seen vids (since then) where people very rarely reset. I'll try it next time. We did 5/4, cause we were having issues with the nuke phase being too long. With the right raid setup, we'd do 4/4 though.

In regards to Keg Smashing the spheres, yeah I wanted to at least get Keg Smash up for the spheres we had issues killing, but like you said - it makes no sense to not save it for every wave of Spheres.

We had a couple of tries where tanks were soaking annhiliation. We can also soak with Zen Meditation btw. I wasn't questioning the calls being made by our raid leader, but I'll tell him next time. I was raidleading last expansion, but I really don't have time to prepare extensively for encounters these days. The only point I can make is that we were ahead on DPS, so dps soaking annihilations didn't really make any difference.

In regards to Cosmic Sparks. What you're saying is obviously what I was aiming for, but I had a couple of tries where I just got hammered when I went in to stun, due to having aggro on ~5 adds or so. Even though our Mistweaver Monk was also using Leg Sweep, it still seemed like some wasn't getting stunned (fking 5yd radius). I didn't dare to Crane Kick while having aggro on mobs on the kill attempt. I only did Keg Smash and BoF. If you look closely at the video, you can see me getting trucked after using Keg Smash and BoF, so I decided to move out instead of using Crane Kick. We had a try (which would've been a kill if I didn't happen) where I died in 0.7 sec while Crane Kicking and eventually resulted in a wipe, cause CR had already been used.

By the way, just reply in the thread I made for the purpose. I talked to a forum moderator about it and it's fine.
    Last edited by Zumzar; 2012-10-31 at 02:05 AM.