[Movies] Medieval movie name?

Hi,

was having a nostalgic moment and watched Braveheart after a decade. Mid-movie, I remembered a plot of another movie whose name I am looking for:

'A woman finds a sword from a field, believes it's from God himself and builds an army based on that thought. If I recall right, Satan appears to the jail when she is captured and says 'of all the possibilities, you thought it would be from God, not just a sword dropped to the field from an old battle' or smth similiar

Please, help me recall the name of the movie!
    Thanks in advance,
    Neuron

Deleted
    Sorry I can't help, ..but I am also interested, sounds a good film!

Love Braveheart. Good long film!

10+ Year Old Account
    Although that sounds very Joan of Arc-ish, i doubt that is a movie adaptation of the story. If it is, it's a very loose adaptation.

Nonetheless, im a sucker for everything medieval, that really caught my attention...

Was she eventually burned to death? If that's the case, it's probably a Joan of Arc film.
    Last edited by Azgraal; 2012-06-23 at 02:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    Hi,

was having a nostalgic moment and watched Braveheart after a decade. Mid-movie, I remembered a plot of another movie whose name I am looking for:

'A woman finds a sword from a field, believes it's from God himself and builds an army based on that thought. If I recall right, Satan appears to the jail when she is captured and says 'of all the possibilities, you thought it would be from God, not just a sword dropped to the field from an old battle' or smth similiar

Please, help me recall the name of the movie!
    Thanks in advance,
    Neuron
    The only female medieval heroine I know of is Jean d'Arc. She was fervently religious. So, might that be it? It's a really long time since I saw that movie so I might be really off.
    Last edited by mmoc4a603c9764; 2012-06-23 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    The only female medieval heroine I know of is Jean d'Arc. She was fervently religious. So, might that be it? It's a really long time since I saw that movie so I might be really off.
    That one it seems to be! Thanks alot!

Here's the imdb link <3

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0151137/

fun fact: joan of arc was likely tripping on moldy bread

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    fun fact: joan of arc was likely tripping on moldy bread
    Moldy bread doesn't make one 'trip'.

Anyway, Ironclad. Because it had Vladimir Kulich <3.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    Moldy bread doesn't make one 'trip'.
    sorry, i consider hallucinations tripping
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ergot

15+ Year Old Account
    Did it star Milla Jovovich? She made a Joan of Arc movie called The Messenger while there was Joan of Arc miniseries with Leelee Sobieski as well.