Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ever have a bad ui?

This was ui way back in wrath. I was very bad with add-ons at the time and this was the result:

We were 2 healing the fight and somehow with all this mess I was able to get the job done. SO my question is have you ever had a bad ui? If so I'm very curious to see it.
    Sorry if there was already a thread on this as I could not find it.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-06-27 at 11:11 AM.

Everyone goes through that phase when they first discover addons and then go overboard and overload their UI with all their finds. Cleaning it up and hiding unnecessary info and then making it look pretty comes later.

Deleted
    Unfortunetely I lost all of my TBC screenshots. it wasnt pretty and it sure as hell wasnt functional - imagine half the screen covered in a single kgpanel top and bottom, sorta like old tvs by some green tree theme.

I think every bad ui ever includes xperl

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    this was back in TBC, no vanilla screenshots saved from the HDD death

Really? That looks like mine now....

Well, OK, mine is not that bad, but most raiders would probably cringe. There's a lot of clutter, and I don't have a combat text addon nor a unit-frame addon, and I heal with healbot. I use Dominos, so that reduces the size of a lot of my bars and organizes things to my preference, but my preferences would still probably leave most people saying "what the hell is this dude thinking?!"

Having cleared 8/8H though, I don't really think it matters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post
    This is the truth.

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-06-26 at 07:17 PM.
    Author of TellMeWhen and many other useful and helpful addons such as SpeedyLoad.

Deleted
    My screen died, and i had to go back to an old 15" screen... Obviously it messed up my UI, but i was still able to avoid stuff on LK fight dispite not having any vision :P
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-06-27 at 11:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Garshur View Post
    My screen died, and i had to go back to an old 15" screen... Obviously it messed up my UI, but i was still able to avoid stuff on LK fight dispite not having any vision :P
    [IMG]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/Awesth/WoWScrnShot_081010_223632.jpg[/ IMG]
    I love that your skada is so huge, with absolutely no reason

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Click the link in my signature

Couple from TBC, most are from Wrath onwards. I lost all my vanilla screenshots ):

Cluttered mess (though not as bad as some)

When I realized I wanted to minimize shit.

And now I just use elvui since I got sick of worrying about all the addons I used to deal with...
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-06-26 at 07:18 PM.

Deleted
    Way back

Sometime back

Now

So yeah to answer the question have I ever have a bad UI, I have, finally got one I like now though
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-06-26 at 07:19 PM.

ohgod have I ever.. I just figured out how to get addons.. and yeah, it wasn't pretty.

Why xperl.. why...
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-06-27 at 11:16 AM.

Deleted

this UI was a bit messy but changed it soon after.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-06-27 at 11:16 AM.

I don't have any old screenshots of my terrible UI's but believe me there were several iterations.

For a current example of an awful UI just load up the Diablo 3 auction house!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garshur View Post
    <snip>
    Truly a testament to skill to be able to avoid things during LK with a UI like that!
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-06-26 at 07:19 PM.

Deleted
    Guys, screenshot formatting, please. No embedded full-size images.

Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    This is the truth.

900687 Extremely cluttered, funny, or themed UI screenshots

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-06-27 at 11:17 AM.

Deleted
    Why did my post get edited? my screenshots were only 800 x 600 (hardly a screen resolution people use nowadays) yet I still see some others stretching the screen? think this forum needs a proper moderator lol