Deleted

Need help with DPS

Okay, Yeah, the forum topic may sound a little 'trollish' considering I am a Retadin, but no, I seriously need help with my Ret DPS.

I recently started playing Ret, on top of my Prot spec for raiding. I joined a new guild and have been required to DPS most 1 tank fights. But what is troubling me is my DPS. I have 394 ilvl in Ret and output 18-22k Non-Burst, which seems poor.

So, does anyone have any ideas whatsoever on how I can actually do over 30k DPS? Really need some help cos I fail at ret:L Thanks!

Deleted
    I dont know much about ret-paladins. However, this is true for any thread like this:

Logs
    Armory

Cant help your without those. Also, check if there isnt a 'Fix my dps' sticky on your class forums.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dainwork View Post
    I dont know much about ret-paladins. However, this is true for any thread like this:

Logs
    Armory

Cant help your without those. Also, check if there isnt a 'Fix my dps' sticky on your class forums.
    Not allowing me to post links just yet; It was in my original post but I had to delete it

Valane - The Maelstrom EU though

(Inb4 couple tank pieces, I know^^)

You're about 2% over hit cap which could be better served as either mastery or crit. Strength is a kinda low; my Pally has about 500 more Strength than you, despite being only iL390 and having absolutely no epic gems (dual native Str trinks, though: Varo'then's Brooch and Apparatus of Khaz'goroth). You're missing the JC perk Chimera's Eyes, too, which would help account for some of that. Also, you have an orange tank gem in a DPS ring with a red socket - big no-no, that.

Beyond that, how's your Inquisition upkeep? And your rotation?
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Deleted
    Yeah - Need to fix that ring, and my DPS rotation is just follow CLC for now, gonna get the chim eyes^-^

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyclaws View Post
    Yeah - Need to fix that ring, and my DPS rotation is just follow CLC for now, gonna get the chim eyes^-^
    That tank trinket is really holding you back, a 378 DPS trinket would be better than that but doing LFR weekly for the Creche would be best. I suggest getting your logs and posting in the Butosais fix my retribution dps thread for the proper assistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyclaws View Post
    Okay, so Inq uptime is probably okay, but I should warn you that CLCRet is not to be taken as the Holy Bible of a Paladin's rotation; with its presets intact, you'll likely never be at the mana threshold for it to recommend Consecrate and not using Cons is still a DPS loss (it's pretty terrible damage per mana and should not be kept on cooldown like everything else in your rotation, but DPS is DPS). You should either tweak the CLC setting regarding Cons or just wait until you learn the fights enough as DPS to know when to drop it.

I see you've gotten rid of a couple of your tank pieces - looking better, overall, but you're still a full percent over your hit cap; Draenei racial means you only need 7% instead of 8% (shoulda clarified that the first time I discussed hit, so my bad on that). Looks like the only item gimping you anymore is that tank trink, though you're still missing a Chim Eye and your new cloak needs the best crit enchant you can afford (if I remember correctly, it's only five Maelstroms for the 65, though, so shouldn't be too hard to come by).

Deleted
    Remember - you don't have to use the Divine Light proc as soon as it procs. You should be able to get a another crusader strike/judgement in before using it.

EDIT: It's Divine Purpose. Thanks Grognard.
    Last edited by mmoc1ded2e9f70; 2012-06-24 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triage View Post
    Remember - you don't have to use the Divine Light proc as soon as it procs. You should be able to get a another crusader strike/judgement in before using it.
    Divine Purpose, you mean?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triage View Post
    He means Divine Purpose proc.

Edit- 2 late

Deleted
    Haha, yes my bad!