Well you already have GW2, give that a go unless you really don't like it. It satisfies what you are looking for at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Xistenz View Post
    Used to play WoW for like 9 years. How will I like ESO?
    Did you like WoW? Because ESO is a different beast.

Make no mistake; it's absolutely not the "Elder Scrolls with friends" that Zenimax would have you believe - it is quite definitively a themepark MMORPG - but the combat is Elder Scrolls-ish (no physics though; those arrows you shoot will still change velocity in mid air to track their target), but it is a refreshing switch from the monotony of tab-target MMORPGs with hotbars (Spoilers: ESO uses hotbars, though it's use is far more conservative, with you slashing with your sword attacks than with ability presses). There definitely is a focus on small group content over raid sized endgame in ESO. PvP is a zerg fest.

Quote Originally Posted by speehs View Post
    I'm looking for a game that will scratch the WoW itch, but that is either free or does not have a sub. I do have GW2, but I haven't tried it since launch, and I can't spend money on WoW's sub atm. I'm mostly looking for good PvP and a game that can be played for 30 minutes or so a day and still be successful/enjoyable. Sorry for not seeing this thread first.
    PvE dungeon fun = Neverwinter Online
    PvE run and gun = Warframe
    PvE ARPG fun = Marvel Heroes Online
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking for a decent browser strategy MMO With a nice community, in the military/citybuilding genre. Been trying to google some, but getting flooded with the generic pay-to-win "build your village" crap.

Deleted
    Looking for indie game in retro-metroidvania style, something like rouge legacy for steam.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drzamor View Post
    Looking for indie game in retro-metroidvania style, something like rouge legacy for steam.
    If you haven't already, you could take a look at Axiom Verge, which is very much inspired by the older Metroid games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please help me find a city builder game that will run well on crappy dual core laptops with integrated graphics. Guessing thats something from before 2010, which is fine. If prefer it to be fun and free or super cheap.

The old Simcity would fit that bill, such as '2000 and etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I should say that it doesnt have to be a city builder. Thinking games like sim city or civilization. Both are appealing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I should say that it doesnt have to be a city builder. Thinking games like sim city or civilization. Both are appealing.
    try this out.

http://www.citiesskylines.com/

its very much like old sim city, just with uipdated graphs ect

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    try this out.

http://www.citiesskylines.com/

its very much like old sim city, just with uipdated graphs ect
    His computer might not be able to run that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a mobile i3 from 2013 with intel 4000integrated graphics. 6Gb ram.

Deleted
    Hello,

The thing is i have played lots of MMO's, mostly playing WoW on and off.I want to start playing a MMORPG and i would like to ask you guys
    some advice.I want to find a game which fulfills some specific requests of mine.I am begging you! Please help me find a MMORPG in which i can
    immerse myself! Just suggest me some that you have played and liked.And i mean something in which you really put your hearth into.
    Here is a list of things and some MMO's that i enjoyed:

-Graphics do not matter.I know there some really incredible gems hid behind bad graphics.I am more interested in the gameplay.

-I want a game with great atmosphere!Like really feeling that i am hunting mobs in a forest or exploring a piramid, etc, you get the point.

-The setting does not matter.Sci-Fi, Medieval, China, whatevs...

-Grinding does not bother me!I am ok with grinding, as long as i feel that i am getting rewarded for it.

-I want that feeling of not being safe everywhere.Open PK is a +.Also dangerous zones, the possibility of running into a group of mobs while being underleveled
    for the ecncounter.Also the less towns it has, the better.I like to feel like i am threading dangerously.

-I do not care much for the classes and races.I can get myself into anything.

-I want to be rewarded for taking extra risks...for example if i kill a lvl 25 mob while being lvl 15, i want to get some good gear or a nice
    amount of in game money.

-Something rare but very nice:being able to equip items regardless of lvls...

Now, what got me into this game searching frenzy is watching the anime Sword Art Online.I know it oversteps the abilities of what a MMORPG can do
    but it just looks so nice.
    I will pay a subscription if needed!

Here are some MMORPG's i have played and enjoyed, maybe it will help you in your recoomendations:

-WoW: The one i played the most, started from vanilla.Enjoyed it's PVP alot, until they removed the ranks.
    Stopped playing it because it started feeling repetitive and the dungeons were kinda dull.
    It got crazy casual...just a breeze.

-Conquer Online: Yeah, i know...i just liked it alot.The hunting for items in this game was just amazing!Lots of valuable things that you can get from
    monsters of all levels.Basically you could get a dragon ball(one of the most expensive crafting materials) on your first lvl 1 mob kill...
    Grind-fest, but felt rewarding...after some hours of hunting you could really get something nice.
    Also the open world PK which basically meant your item bag was never safe

-Anarchy Online: Incredible crafting! Just incredible..something you had to discover and research...
    Also great feeling of exploration.

-Path of Exile: Not a MMORPG, but great crafting, great grinding xD, and great economy.Also the most in depth characte developement i have seen.

-Runescape: Really liked this one! Felt like everything was one big adventure! Never felt like a chore!

-Age of Wushu: Really enjoyed the combat system, nice pvp, nice lvl-up system

-Thang Online: I think the MMORPG i enjoyed the most.It's very old and looked awful...but had the best feeling ever.
    Just felt so good...ok crafting, incredible exploration, very dangerous, nice mob farming, nice lvl-up and skill lvl-up.
    I have enjoyed Than Online's atmosphere the most.

Thanks in advance!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not an MMO, but it does have MMO-esque elements. You could try the Monster Hunter series. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite would be your best bet because you can play it on a PSP emulator and it works well. Alternatively, you could get a 3DS for Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and 4 Ultimate.

Very addictive, challenging, and satisfying games. You'll lose hundreds of hours into them.

Sounds like EVE is right up your alley Mallowe; it has an incredible setting and sense of being in deep space in the far distant future, there are no true safe zones (though you can hang out in the safer zones and play carebear if you want), and has a strong risk-reward mechanic. Note that the game takes quite a while to get into, and the trial doesn't give enough time to get a feel for the game.

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies! I will be checking both monster hunter and EVE as soon as i get home to my beloved laptop ^_^.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Please help me find a city builder game that will run well on crappy dual core laptops with integrated graphics. Guessing thats something from before 2010, which is fine. If prefer it to be fun and free or super cheap.
    I would recomend Banished, is now in promotion on steam and with mods. Lots of fun. ^_^

--snip--

Nvm question answered.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2015-06-21 at 09:22 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Hello everyone.

So here I am once again asking for suggestions on how to ruin my social life. I recently bought a PS4 without too much of updated knowledge of consoles games, so I would like to hear what you guys say.

I'm looking for an open world adventure/RPG/JRPG. Playstation games I loved that come to mind:
    - Final Fantasy VII. First JRPG that I played, main love of my (gamer) life. Side quests, fantastic stories, 90hours of gameplay, and the feeling of growth always there. Only the random encounters are bad, but hey it's JRPG. Looking forward for the remake.
    - Final Fantasy XII. Everything FF7 had, plus one of the best combat systems in RPGs.
    - Red Dead Redemption. Great story, high level of freedom, absolutely epic feeling. Only flaw: bounty missions were all the same, with trillions of bandits coming out of nowhere, it felt immersion breaking.

What I've played on PS4 so far:
    - The Last of Us. Tremendous story, seriously, but all fights are all the same and I did't see a reason to play it again.
    - Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor. Fun! The fighting system is extremely satisfying although way too easy, and the story is too short.
    - Dragon Age: Inquisition. This has been a serious disappointment so far. It took me 2 days to get the prologue done, I feel already overwhelmed by the complex combat system and general gameplay, it's almost like the game is throwing at you too many things at once.

What is next on my list:
    - GTA V. Seems to be a must play, so there's that.
    - Batman: the Arkham Knight. I would try this just because I loved the combat system in Shadow of Mordor, that I hear has been copied from the Arkham series. Plus it's Batman.
    - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate. Same as Batman:AK, although I played AC:2 and it didn't steal my hearth.
    - The Witcher III. I'm a bit scared of this because I tried TW2 and had the same problem I had with DA:I (what happened to those games that "eased you" into the gameplay?), too many options at once. Not to mention that I found the combat system too clunky.
    - Final Fantasy XIV. I am trying this for free when it finally gets released on Mac, then I'll decide which platform to play it on.
    - Far Cry 4. Seems to be a great open world adventure, and although I'm not a fan of 1st person shooters it's always intrigued me.

TL,DR. I'm looking for a game with a fun combat system (like ME:SoM), freedom of choice (like DA:I) and character progression (like any JRPGs when you don't start out super powerful already).

P.S. Where have all adult-oriented JRPGs gone btw? All I see is teenagers!
    Last edited by mmoc17d00b68f9; 2015-06-22 at 12:18 AM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hi,

I'm looking for a new dungeon oriented (MMO)RPG. I played WoW for years but stoped playing it mid-mop. Now I tried WoD and I don't like it ^^.

I tried Wildstar and ESO.
    Playstile in Wildstar is fun, but adventures/shiphands are boring and no one is playing dungeons :|
    ESO has nice quests but is boring to play and dungeons are too easy.

Basically I'm looking for a RPG where I can log in and play some dungeons, which should be challanging and fun.

Does maybe Neverwinter Online fit my requirements?