Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    They are all garbage. It's like comparing a diamond to a piece of charcoal. Just because they are both Carbon, doesn't mean they are the same thing.
    Don't cut yourself on that edge.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Blade and soul is bad
    Bless Online is awful
    Same for Black Desert Online
    Skyforge had really good potential,but the devs threw the concept under a truck to make it "simpler" (and easier to turn into a P2W)

Deleted
    Yeah, this list is pretty bad, I would only recommend a few. BnS is a good distraction, and a really good game at the core, just don't spend money on it, it's not worth it. GW2 is pretty cool for some casual fun, but end goal is pure grind. Warframe is a great game, but it has nothing to do with wow, or mmo as a whole.

I've heard good thing about ESO, but can't say anything, I played for 2 hours in an early free weekend, and I was not impressed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Games alike Vanquish exist?

You know, it's actually very hard to quit MMO game due to time, money and effort you've already invested into it. MMOs are hard to quit by design. But Wow becomes worse and worse with every subsequent xpack, so it becomes harder and harder for me to find something to do in this game. And with BFA, I guess, I've reached the point, where I can't continue. I've realized, that War Campaign is required for Pathfinder and War Campaign implies going to other faction territories, that at the same time means tricking me into PVP by PVE objectives (same crap, as Dal sewers), as War Mode doesn't remove that damned PVP-flag, so going to other faction's territory will mean so called "accidental" PVP-flagging on every corner. And at the same time 7.3.5 ruined old content for me. Not only leveling content is buffed and made longer and more tedious, but some old end game content is impossible now, such as content, where mobs received +1..3 lvls buff, that means +100..300% dmg per hit. I literally have nothing to do in this game now. But at the same time other MMOs are even worse, cuz Wow literally the best of the worst. So, I want to change game, I want to change genre.

TL;DR I want game, that is something like mix of Wow and Diablo:
    1) Not MMO, i.e. game, that doesn't force any social interaction on me. I'm not anti-socail, no, but not too social either - I don't like, when social interaction is forced on me, cuz it usually implies negative factors - not only positive ones. Yeah, other players can help, but can also ruin your game. And I don't want my fun to depend on other players. I want to interact with other players, only when and how I want - not as devs want me to. I've realized, that there is no way to convince MMO devs to make such content - it's pointless waste of time. They force interaction, how they can and where they can.
    2) But at the same time - not single-player. Optional interaction with other players would be nice - such as dungeons. Game is pointless for me, if I wouldn't be able to show off my accomplishments to other players. I also like to be useful for other players. My favourite roles in Wow - are tank and healer.
    3) Not just mindless arcade slasher - some RP elements would be nice, such as quests.
    4) Short term and long term progression. Some goals. Not just "log in and get some fun". Something to aim at on daily, weekly, yearly basis, etc. Something to move forward to.
    5) High replayability. Many possible ways to start game from scratch, while keeping overall progress.
    6) Online. There should be a way to have seamless account-wide progression - not just "Complete main storyline and go buy new game".
    7) Casual-friendly. About 1-2 hours of content on daily basis + several more hours on weekend (optional). No grind, no RNG, no time-gating. No hardcore/tryhard content - game should be about relaxing, not about stress.
    8) No PVP. Sorry, but my long PVP experience suggests me, that PVP can bring negative experience only. And I want game to be fun - not stressful.
    9) No constant gameplay/game mechanic/UI/etc. changes in content patches. Game shouldn't force me to constantly relearn, how to play it.
    10) Not too high hardware requirements - not higher, than BFA ones. Not too graphic-heavy. Dat graphizs - isn't important thing for me.

I just can't believe, that there is no such games.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2018-07-30 at 05:58 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

@WowIsDead64 I'd suggest that you try out Warframe.

1. No forced interactions. Each and every mission can be played either by yourself or with other people. Before you start a mission, simply select "solo" if you want to run a mission by yourself, select "invite only/friends only" if you want to play by yourself but want to leave open door to invite others or for your friends to drop in, and select "open group" if you want to be dropped into missions with other players or if you want others to drop in to your mission.

2. Showing off the cosmetics you've acquired is considered the true endgame of Warframe, and it's easy to do so since you're able to show it off to other people in the same mission (if you opt to do so) or at the player hubs.

3. Warframe has 26 voiced quests, and an ongoing main storyline with cinematics.

4. Short term goals: get an item you want from the alert or sortie that has appeared today, have fun, progress a little bit further in the star map or a questline. Long term: completing the main storyline, acquiring and upgrading equipment to build your dream playstyle, pushing as far as you can in the simulation tower (ie, similar to rifts in Diablo/mythic keystones in WoW). Getting the cosmetics to assemble your dream Warframe. Note that there is no gear treadmill in Warframe.

5. Warframe is the king of replayability.

6. The game is centered around its replayability, not it's storyline.

7. Warframe doesn't have a minimum requirement of time you have to invest per day to progress, nor are there diminishing returns of binging for an entire day. Play as much as you want and progress where you want. That said, there is RNG involved. To acquire new equipment, you must combine three parts, the blueprints for which drop from certain missions. There is an RNG on the droprate, but do not fear: there is no gear treadmill in Warframe.

8. There is an optional PvP mode that hardly anyone uses, except for the Lunaro mode, which is basically football. There is pretty much nothing locked behind PvP besides a cosmetic tabard.

9. The developers innovate on certain systems over the years. For example, three years ago, the developers overhauled movement in the game, because the original movement system which launched with the game in 2013 didn't allow for anywhere near as much freedom and flexibility as the new one. Similarly, the developers have innovated on melee combat (with a new innovation in the works) to give players more options than simply "smash melee button", which they did, giving us a wide variety of weapons, weapon stances, and combos that can be chained together. The UI was updated two years ago, a vast improvement of the (in hindsight) atrocious UI the game had launched with. The Star Map (the interface through which you pick your missions) also got a redesign to be more user friendly. In short: yes, the developers do change UI and mechanics, but you won't really have to relearn them.

10. My computer struggles to keep WoW running at 60 FPS with max settings but runs Warframe at max perfectly. I'm using a GTX 670.

Video games has lost their magic for me! What should I try next?

For years I was a CoD and Halo dudebro then I got tired of modern military settings. After quitting CoD I picked up Mass Effect, To The Moon, and The Sims 4. I also played Valiant Hearts as well.

For Final Fantasy I played 9, 6, and 7 in that order.

Should I check out Zelda? Is Fallout any good?
    Last edited by CmdrShep2154; 2018-08-14 at 08:06 AM.

You need to create more threads that you never take a part in on this forum - that'll get your juices back.

Deleted
    Just stop with games for a while, the magic will come back in a few years or maybe you have found a new hobby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    You should pick up something else. Maybe basket weaving ?

10+ Year Old Account
    you can hardly go wrong with 90s nintendo

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    You should pick up something else. Maybe basket weaving ?
    That's not a bad idea, I was about to suggest something similar. I love gaming and I even collect old consoles, but I do have some Hobbies away from the Computer. At the moment I try myself with woodworking and leatherworking. Next year I get lessons from a smith.
    When I was younger, you could chase me away with the suggestion of any kind of manual labor (like working in the garden or something), but now I really appreciate to craft something, to create something.

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    FF8
    Quake 3 Arena
    Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
    Zelda: Ocarina of time.
    Total War(s).
    Civilization 1, 2, 3
    Natural Selection 1 & 2 (scifi RTS/FPS hybrid)
    Space Quest
    Kings Quest
    Day of the tentacle
    Sam n Max
    Pinball Fantasies

Try Octopath Traveler on the Switch, especially if you liked FFVI.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.goodreads.com/
    Is what worked for me.

I've grown bored of the online RPG scene, on the competitive/hard-core side of it. I am going casual and single player for awhile.

I got into woodworking last year and only really do any amount of gaming during the winter months now. It started with wanting to clean out the garage, I ripped everything apart and got rid of the crappy workbench. I figured I could just slap some 2x4s together and make something better, but then started watching videos online about how some made theirs. After seeing so many woodworkers build their own, it got me interested and I started building my toolset from scratch, picking up things here and there where I could afford it. Buying some of the tools was completely justified as I’ll be using, and have used, many of them for renovations at home. 5 years ago, I was 100% the “do it for me” type, I’ve since done a 180 and am mostly the “do it yourself” type now. Even tho I’ve been a huge gamer my entire life,

I hear meth amphetamines are really big this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Find something else to do. I just have a few games that I still enjoy (possibly mostly due to nostalgia, such as WoW) and I struggle getting into new games.

If you can't think of anything then just get out there and try some new stuff. Do things you haven't done before, and don't dismiss things until you've given them a go.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, once the magic dies, the magic remains dead. You can't bruteforce this.

You need to find another hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Davemetalhead View Post
    You need to create more threads that you never take a part in on this forum - that'll get your juices back.
    This is a nice suggestion, OP.