10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    these are some incredibly niche games but I can't quite find anything like them.

Basically limited open-world or sandbox games with a ticking global timer that will end your game with a bad ending or start over if ran out. You race against the clock to reach a proper ending or goals with the dynamics of the games changing based on the timer or how you progress (i.e new side quests depending on day, standard bosses turning into superbosses, etc).

It's pretty unique but still
    If you haven't played Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, that would be ideal.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    For some reason, Firefall randomly reappeared in my Steam library (just grayed out, so I can't actually play it, obviously), and I remembered how awesome it was.

Is there anything remotely similar to it these days? So basically an MMO shooter type of game with some RPG elements (you could level up, choose some ways to enhance your weapons/armor as you leveled, you could choose to distribute some attribute points as you saw fit, etc). I loved how Firefall was an MMO but offered plenty enough content to do single player if you just felt like playing alone to unwind (as I often did when I got home after a long day), and I loved the art style and futuristic setting.

There is EM-8ER, which is supposed to be Firefall's spiritual successor. I'm really hoping it will see the light of day and will put it at my #1 most hyped upcoming game spot if a release date ever gets announced, but it's still in very early stages and will probably be a while.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-11-21 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    For some reason, Firefall randomly reappeared in my Steam library (just grayed out, so I can't actually play it, obviously), and I remembered how awesome it was.

Is there anything remotely similar to it these days? So basically an MMO shooter type of game with some RPG elements (you could level up, choose some ways to enhance your weapons/armor as you leveled, you could choose to distribute some attribute points as you saw fit, etc). I loved how Firefall was an MMO but offered plenty enough content to do single player if you just felt like playing alone to unwind (as I often did when I got home after a long day), and I loved the art style and futuristic setting.

There is EM-8ER, which is supposed to be Firefall's spiritual successor. I'm really hoping it will see the light of day and will put it at my #1 most hyped upcoming game spot if a release date ever gets announced, but it's still in very early stages and will probably be a while.
    Maybe Planetside?
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post

MechWarrior: Living Legends is somewhat similar. It had combined arms battles. You could be a footsoldier in power armor. You could be driving a tank. You could be piloting a Mechwarrior. You could be piloting an aircraft. There wasn't a singular map with a continuous war; it's a match based game. When you killed the enemy or completed objectives, you got money with which to buy better gear and vehicles during the match.

For continuous warfare, the MMORPG, Elder Scrolls Online, has a PvP map called Cryodil where three factions go to war continuously on a single map, taking objectives and so forth. The battles can involve hundreds of players. You have to be pretty high level to not immediately die in the mosh pits and actually contribute to the fight, however. IIRC you can buy siege equipment, but no vehicles.

Guild Wars 2 has a similar system to the above called World vs World, which basically four maps (which you can switch between at will) where three factions go to war with each other continuously. Zergs can involve hundreds of players. Thanks to level scaling, a low level can enter and not immediately drop dead in a mosh pit (but equipment is not scaled so level 80 characters running around with level 80 gear still have a stat advantage). You can use your points obtained during the match to purchase siege equipment. GW2 is a tab target MMO, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Maybe Planetside?

Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I need a short PC game from this list: https://backloggery.com/games.php?us...lin&console=PC

My queue looks like this right now and I need something shorter to balance it out. Too many big RPGs burn me out:
    -Pokemon Fire Red
    -Spyro HD
    -Donkey Kong Country 2
    -New Super Mario Bros.
    -Zelda: Breath of the Wild

What could I play from my PC list that I could finish quickly?

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Bobblehead View Post
    I need a short PC game from this list: https://backloggery.com/games.php?us...lin&console=PC
    Pokemon Fire Red
    It's only 20-30 hours long, maybe 40.

Donkey Kong Country 2
    Can't you beat that game over a single weekend?

What could I play from my PC list that I could finish quickly?
    Most people I know find open world games to be pretty soulless, but from what I've heard, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag is the best of the bunch, what with sailing the seas and pirates and stuff. Never played it, so IDK.

I thought that the story of Diablo 3 was really interesting. You can beat it and the expansion in under 20 hours.

For several reasons, vanilla Skyrim is very sterile, bordering on unenjoyable. You have to install at least a couple dozen mods to make it feel fun and look good, but the convoluted process of backing up your game, installing mods in the right order, tinkering with mod settings, spending hours reading through the mod pages for troubleshooting, trying to resolve mod conflicts, and then wiping the slate clean and having to do it all over again when something breaks... it's just an incredibly aggravating experience, and I have no desire to repeat that experience again. It is for this reason I also stay away from the other Bethseda games which are said to have bland base games that require extensive modding to become fun.

Starcraft 2: Wings of Libery had a pretty interesting story. I kinda zoned out on the expansion storylines. Each game takes about 20 hours to beat.

Stood in the Fire Texan Penguin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    It's only 20-30 hours long, maybe 40.

Can't you beat that game over a single weekend?

Most people I know find open world games to be pretty soulless, but from what I've heard, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag is the best of the bunch, what with sailing the seas and pirates and stuff. Never played it, so IDK.

I thought that the story of Diablo 3 was really interesting. You can beat it and the expansion in under 20 hours.

For several reasons, vanilla Skyrim is very sterile, bordering on unenjoyable. You have to install at least a couple dozen mods to make it feel fun and look good, but the convoluted process of backing up your game, installing mods in the right order, tinkering with mod settings, spending hours reading through the mod pages for troubleshooting, trying to resolve mod conflicts, and then wiping the slate clean and having to do it all over again when something breaks... it's just an incredibly aggravating experience, and I have no desire to repeat that experience again. It is for this reason I also stay away from the other Bethseda games which are said to have bland base games that require extensive modding to become fun.

Starcraft 2: Wings of Libery had a pretty interesting story. I kinda zoned out on the expansion storylines. Each game takes about 20 hours to beat.
    Fire Red: I'm 18 hours and 55 minutes in and I'm still in Celadon City. Just beat Giovanni. I overshot that timeframe, sadly, and it's going to be even further from it once you factor in the fact that I'm pushing for a full Kanto Pokedex, I like to grind and I want to play Leaf Green too. My first FR run was around 71 hours, LG was up in the 60s.

DKC 2: Yeah, I probably could actually. All three runs of the game I've done were under four hours.

I'll probably do Diablo 3 since after that last season I'm Paragon 307. I have over 100 million gold, my artisans are maxed with good plans and I have a stash bursting with gear. Finished the campaign multiple times too!

I'm asking specifically for PC, though, since I like to keep my queue in batches of six without system overlap. But I'll take D3. Thanks, Val!

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Maybe Planetside?
    Hm, yeah. Watching a few Planetside 2 gameplay clips, it looks very similar. I'll have to give that a run.

Please help me bei suggesting a game, meeting the following requirements:

- the game should have RPG elements such as character development
    - the game should be an multiplayer game and a bit crowded
    - as the game might be an MMO/ARPG, it should not be to time consuming at "once", meening that instance-runs of 50Min+ are not possible
    - the game should have some endgame elements, and can actually be achieved by a casual player
    - the game should have some competetive elements such as PvP or smth else

To me: Casual gamer, playing like 1-2h per Day, max. 15 - 20h a week. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Stefros View Post
    - the game should have RPG elements such as character development
    I assume you mean gaining new abilities and gear, not as in story character development.

I would recommend Warframe. It has the best F2P model right now, as well as being the most polished F2P game available right now. Missions can take anywhere from five to twenty minutes. Missions longer than half an hour are unusual. You can play by yourself and have people drop in and out of your party at will. Or you can join other parties at will. Only thing Warframe really lacks is PvP. It has two PvP modes (your standard kill other players mode, and a football mode) but hardly anyone actually plays them.

Any game like WoW PvP? (arena/bg)

I really enjoy WoW's PvP but not so much the rest of it
    I was wondering if there are any other games that are similar to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Guild Wars 2.

It has arenas and bgs, but it also has mass scale pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

So I grabbed Age of Mythology on Steam on Black Friday because I played the absolute hell out of it as a kid and now I’m hooked all over again. I want more RTS games like this. I assume Age of Empires is damn close(contemplating grabbing the new remaster), but is there anything else y’all recommend?

hello, need suggestion to a coop/online game i could play with a friend , we live in different countries but would like to enjoy some game together other than WoW , i prefer some survival/rpg kinda game but any suggestion would be nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking for two games, bonus points if we can find a common one.

1. I love Subnautica (easily top 5 favorite game of all time), and the new expack isn't far enough along for me to get heavily invested in yet. So i am looking for a game that encourages free form exploration, with a solid atmosphere like that game does. I have tried to treat No Man's Sky that way but its just not quite clicking the way Subnautica did. Water/Space where is fine.

2. This one might be easier. I enjoy games like 7 Days to Die. A craft/survival game is simple enough yet is good to fill the times when there isnt a bigger game out there. My problem is, 7 Days is ugly as sin. There is no getting around it, it is gross to look at. Is there a good Survival/Craft/Horde type game that looks decent? I know they were the fad a few years ago, and wondered if i missed one. It definitely needs to have some sort of PVE type aspect as wife wont play PVP. I have tried Rust and its okay, and Fortnite Survival mode just doesn't have the depth i am looking for. Zombies, Aliens, whatever is fine.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking for a spacey sci-fi rpg game. Turn-based isometric or 1st/3rd person, all is fine as long as i get to fire pewpew shiny lasers (okay literally that is maybe not neccessary).

Kinda like mass effect story/setting wise, but no mass effect and nothing post-apocalyptic. Single-player ofc, though i guess i could deal with coop.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    Looking for a spacey sci-fi rpg game. Turn-based isometric or 1st/3rd person, all is fine as long as i get to fire pewpew shiny lasers (okay literally that is maybe not neccessary).

Kinda like mass effect story/setting wise, but no mass effect and nothing post-apocalyptic. Single-player ofc, though i guess i could deal with coop.

Any ideas?
    I'd say Phantasy Star or Star Ocean, but they don't have the traditional sci fi aesthetic.

The best Mechwarrior game is Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries, though that is not turn based. The game was declared by Microsoft as freeware in 2010 so get it from wherever.

I've heard mixed opinions about Mechwarrior 5, and it's an Epic Games Store exclusive.

There is Battletech (by Harebrained Schemes), which is turn based, but I've heard mixed opinions on it.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2019-12-16 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post

Any ideas?
    Have you played XCom?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    Looking for two games, bonus points if we can find a common one.

1. I love Subnautica (easily top 5 favorite game of all time), and the new expack isn't far enough along for me to get heavily invested in yet. So i am looking for a game that encourages free form exploration, with a solid atmosphere like that game does. I have tried to treat No Man's Sky that way but its just not quite clicking the way Subnautica did. Water/Space where is fine.

2. This one might be easier. I enjoy games like 7 Days to Die. A craft/survival game is simple enough yet is good to fill the times when there isnt a bigger game out there. My problem is, 7 Days is ugly as sin. There is no getting around it, it is gross to look at. Is there a good Survival/Craft/Horde type game that looks decent? I know they were the fad a few years ago, and wondered if i missed one. It definitely needs to have some sort of PVE type aspect as wife wont play PVP. I have tried Rust and its okay, and Fortnite Survival mode just doesn't have the depth i am looking for. Zombies, Aliens, whatever is fine.
    maybe try The forest, Rust or if you dont mind the graphic style of dont starve together its also a really cool game (even better than the first two imo ). plus point if you play it with friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'd say Phantasy Star or Star Ocean, but they don't have the traditional sci fi aesthetic.

The best Mechwarrior game is Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries, though that is not turn based. The game was declared by Microsoft as freeware in 2010 so get it from wherever.

I've heard mixed opinions about Mechwarrior 5, and it's an Epic Games Store exclusive.

There is Battletech (by Harebrained Schemes), which is turn based, but I've heard mixed opinions on it.
    Thanks! Im playing Battletech right now, and I do find the lore interesting. Might give Mechwarrior 5 a try, I'm bothered by the store exclusive though.

I dont know the other two, will check them out.

Edit: Oh dear, those games are old ...have I mentioned I'm looking for PC games too?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by G3 Ghost View Post
    Have you played XCom?
    Yes.

/10char
    Last edited by Cerilis; 2019-12-16 at 10:26 PM.