10+ Year Old Account
    been playing doom eternal lately and it made me miss some oldschool fast-paced FPS games like unreal tournament or quake

is there anything currently like it with multiplayer?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

These are excellent suggestions

I've hit one of those "I want to play something new but nothing is quite sounding good" slumps. So games I enjoyed include:

Final Fantasy series, Persona series, Dark Souls 1, Tales series, Dragon Age: Origins, Fallout 3/4, Oblivion, Skyrim, Dishonored, Nier:Automata, Witcher 3. I've played online games like Rift, Final Fantasy 11, Final Fantasy XIV, and WoW, extensively.

I'm looking for something kind of like these, that I can play on PC, that doesn't have a lot of puzzles. I really do not enjoy games with a lot of puzzles anymore. A few here and there isn't so bad (Like in Persona 5 or Dragon Age: Origins), but I don't like it being a constant thing like Zelda, Vagrant Story, or Wild Arms 2. Divinity II seems interesting, but from some gameplay videos I watched the graphics seem...older? Like worse than DA: Origins. I also don't like Sci-Fi games, unless it's in a dystopia setting like Nier or Fallout.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    I've hit one of those "I want to play something new but nothing is quite sounding good" slumps. So games I enjoyed include:

Final Fantasy series, Persona series, Dark Souls 1, Tales series, Dragon Age: Origins, Fallout 3/4, Oblivion, Skyrim, Dishonored, Nier:Automata, Witcher 3. I've played online games like Rift, Final Fantasy 11, Final Fantasy XIV, and WoW, extensively.
    You seem to like JRPGs, so I'm going to drop the obligatory Trails series recommendation. You can either start with Trails in the Sky: First Chapter, or Trails of Cold Steel 1.

Sky FC is the first game, but it is graphically dated and there is no English voice acting. Being the first game in the series, the combat system is rough. The story also starts off really slow and can be a turn off. I'd advise ignoring the sidequests.

Cold Steel 1 is newer and more polished. It has a fantastic English voice dub. The battle system was refined and is a ton of fun. If you play CS1 on PC and you have a 4K monitor, download this HD texture pack.

Pick whichever one appeals to you the most.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    Dishonored
    If you liked the stealth gameplay, then I would recommend the first two Thief games. You'll need to install an unofficial patch to make them work on modern systems, and spend a few minutes remapping the keyboard controls, but after that you'll be good to go and have a lot of fun.

- - - Updated - - -

If you want another open world RPG like Skyrim or Fallout, consider checking out Kingdom Come Deliverance. I had a few problems with it, namely the awful autolockon system, and the crappy stat based combat, but the rest of the game was decent. Wouldn't recommend buying the DLC, except for the Rattay Tourney DLC as it's a good way to level up your combat skills safely.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tired of my normal MMO rotation. I usually bounce between FFXIV, WoW(SL was a disappointment to me), SWTOR and EQ2. I've been that that for 7 or 8 years now. Get tired of one, then move to another. I got tired of Shadowlands a lot faster than I thought. This is the first time since WoW's release where I have no desire to raid the current content. I might be getting old This past month I've bounced between all of these and couldn't get into any of them like I normally do. So, I'm wanting another MMO to really sink some time into.

MMO's I have tried over the years and just don't like: ESO, LotRO, EvE Online (used to be on my list, but can't bring myself to play it anymore), BDO (p2w). I think that's about it.

I generally prefer fantasy style MMO's, but really looking for anything that has some different aspects of progression, tab target combat or action is fine. One also that has at least a little population.
    Last edited by select20; 2021-02-11 at 04:22 AM.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Quote Originally Posted by select20 View Post
    Tired of my normal MMO rotation. I usually bounce between FFXIV, WoW(SL was a disappointment to me), SWTOR and EQ2. I've been that that for 7 or 8 years now. Get tired of one, then move to another. I got tired of Shadowlands a lot faster than I thought. This is the first time since WoW's release where I have no desire to raid the current content. I might be getting old This past month I've bounced between all of these and couldn't get into any of them like I normally do. So, I'm wanting another MMO to really sink some time into.

MMO's I have tried over the years and just don't like: ESO, LotRO, EvE Online (used to be on my list, but can't bring myself to play it anymore), BDO (p2w). I think that's about it.

I generally prefer fantasy style MMO's, but really looking for anything that has some different aspects of progression, tab target combat or action is fine. One also that has at least a little population.
    Besides the ones you listed, the only remaining Western MMO that is actually decent and still has a population in Guild Wars 2, which sorta plays like a modern, post-Skyrim open world/sandbox game where there are a bunch of markers on the map 90% of the gameplay is going to each marker and filling out the map. The storylines are overall mediocre so don't play for the story (but the Heart of Thorns expansion has a story that is only about 8 hours long and has some cool setpieces). Also, the game really milks you in the cash shop. Your inventory fills up quick in this game and you don't have nearly enough bank space, so they sell you bank slots. And your gathering tools break quickly, so they sell you unbreakable gathering tools. And so on. Also, the game is ostensibly an MMO, but... well, there is hardly any reason to actually group up and befriend other players in GW2. FFXIV gives you more reason to interact with other players than GW2 does, and FFXIV's selling point is the singleplayer storyline.

Otherwise, you'll have to look outside of the Western market. The Lazy Peon has covered quite a few Chinese and Korean MMOs. However, most of them do not have large English populations. Some of them don't have English localizations. So you probably won't be doing any hard group content, probably just playing by yourself, and at that point... you have to ask yourself "why aren't I just playing a dedicated singleplayer game?".

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Also, the game really milks you in the cash shop. Your inventory fills up quick in this game and you don't have nearly enough bank space, so they sell you bank slots.
    That's a lie spewn by someone who hasn't played in five years, but pretends to know something about game. All the non-unique loot was reworked to drop as unidentified gear in one of the three rarities. Sigils and runes don't drop from salvaged gear anymore (unless you want them and use special salvage tool). All materials can be deposited in special material storage with one click. I run out of inventory space in FFXIV more often, same with bank space storage and that's without hoarding items for transmog.
    FFXIV gives you more reason to interact with other players than GW2 does
    There's no player interaction in FFXIV aside from Extreme trials or Savage or Ultimate raids. Duty Finder might as well add 3-23 bots to you, nothing would change.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

15+ Year Old Account
    Besides the ones you listed, the only remaining Western MMO that is actually decent and still has a population in Guild Wars 2, which sorta plays like a modern, post-Skyrim open world/sandbox game where there are a bunch of markers on the map 90% of the gameplay is going to each marker and filling out the map. The storylines are overall mediocre so don't play for the story (but the Heart of Thorns expansion has a story that is only about 8 hours long and has some cool setpieces). Also, the game really milks you in the cash shop. Your inventory fills up quick in this game and you don't have nearly enough bank space, so they sell you bank slots. And your gathering tools break quickly, so they sell you unbreakable gathering tools. And so on. Also, the game is ostensibly an MMO, but... well, there is hardly any reason to actually group up and befriend other players in GW2. FFXIV gives you more reason to interact with other players than GW2 does, and FFXIV's selling point is the singleplayer storyline.

Otherwise, you'll have to look outside of the Western market. The Lazy Peon has covered quite a few Chinese and Korean MMOs. However, most of them do not have large English populations. Some of them don't have English localizations. So you probably won't be doing any hard group content, probably just playing by yourself, and at that point... you have to ask yourself "why aren't I just playing a dedicated singleplayer game?".

I love watching Lazy Peon. I'm a newer subscriber to him, just a few months, but I have watch a lot of his video's so far.

I loved the FFXIV story. It had its very dull parts, but the high's more than made up for it. Its just I have nothing I want to do in that game atm until more content is released.

Thanks for the suggestion on Guild WArs 2. I only played a few months at release, but that game just left a bad taste in my mouth and with my slower internet, I dont' even want to waste the 30 hours or so needed to download it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    That's a lie spewn by someone who hasn't played in five years, but pretends to know something about game. All the non-unique loot was reworked to drop as unidentified gear in one of the three rarities. Sigils and runes don't drop from salvaged gear anymore (unless you want them and use special salvage tool). All materials can be deposited in special material storage with one click. I run out of inventory space in FFXIV more often, same with bank space storage and that's without hoarding items for transmog.

There's no player interaction in FFXIV aside from Extreme trials or Savage or Ultimate raids. Duty Finder might as well add 3-23 bots to you, nothing would change.

I had and have very different experience in FFXIV. I interact with player all the time and the duty finder is maybe only have of that. I have over a thousand hours in FFXIV and have maybe hit 50% storage once. Storing glamours (transmogs) is another story. I ran out of glamour storage in the first month it was out. Its a horrible system.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

I'm looking for a coop switch game for children.

My nephews are going to visit us and need to stay 10 days in quarantine. They're 7 and 9.

I have Mario Cart, party and smash bros but they only speak Russian... And now I'm wondering if there is a game that doesn't involve a whole lot of text to understand.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Deriils View Post
    Pink Puffballs: Kirby Star Allies
    Thought of that too, but rumor has it that it only offers some 10 hours of story/gameplay. A bit of a waste for 60€ or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    what games have the combat depth of lets say baldurs gate 3, with the variety of spells and abilities, but are no rpgs as in lots of texts, reading and decision making? it may be isometric, TPP, FPP, turnbased. whatever really. no skyrim xd

and another: are there any games that could replace jagged alliance 2? i mean something with lots of guns customization, tactical etc
    xcom doesnt rlly scratch that itch for me
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I'm looking for a coop switch game for children.

My nephews are going to visit us and need to stay 10 days in quarantine. They're 7 and 9.

I have Mario Cart, party and smash bros but they only speak Russian... And now I'm wondering if there is a game that doesn't involve a whole lot of text to understand.

Any suggestions?
    Luigi's Mansion is a good option too, it's very easy to grasp without needing to read the text.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

I am looking for an mmo where there is trading and cargo hauling like EVE, Uncharted waters and Albion online.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengilx View Post
    I am looking for an mmo where there is trading and cargo hauling like EVE
    The only other space games that fulfill this niche are the X series (which are singleplayer sandboxes, also you can't step out of your ship), Elite: Dangerous (heavily instanced and has half-baked walking outside of ships gameplay), and Star Citizen (very immersive and probably the best online sandbox space sim, but the gameplay loops are half baked - once you obtain a Freelancer Max after about 10 hours of credit grinding, there really isn't any reason to upgrade to larger haulers like the Caterpillar, you're not going to be making more money anyway - and there are serious development issues. It's worth laying down $20 to explore the game for a few days, but don't expect to play it as an MMO long term).

Quote Originally Posted by Tengilx View Post
    Uncharted waters
    For Age of Sail MMOs, there are two games: Voyage Century and Pirates of the Burning Sea. However, both games are very old and have unbearable outdated game mechanics. Voyage Century has also succumbed to Asian P2W cash shop monetization and is very grindy (and added a lot of unimmersive flashy fantasy stuff like glowing swords and armors). Also, IIRC the game is pretty dead. This track takes me back.

@Tengilx overall you're kinda screwed. There aren't really any really good trading MMOs to recommend.

- - - Updated - - -

For age of sail games, there is also Naval Action, which is new and looks pretty good. Supposedly you can do trading in it. HOWEVER I've heard mixed things about the gameplay and how the developers have been acting, and the game appears to have a very tiny population so it might get shut down.

I'm looking for a popular MMORPG where bots/multiboxers have the least influence or no influence at all on its economy. Is there anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm lately on nostalgia mode and i plan to get Cyber Shadow on sales but. Can you recomend me any other nostalgic alike games? I plan get also 20XX as well. So yeah inspired by NES / SNES platformers etc. So far i've played Shovel Knight and going soon Messenger. Yep Bloodstained also i have in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I'm lately on nostalgia mode and i plan to get Cyber Shadow on sales but. Can you recomend me any other nostalgic alike games? I plan get also 20XX as well. So yeah inspired by NES / SNES platformers etc. So far i've played Shovel Knight and going soon Messenger. Yep Bloodstained also i have in mind.
    Are you looking just like, for art style, gameplay, or a mixture of both?

If both, Cave Story is pretty great.
    If gameplay, Hollow Knight.
    If artstyle, although this one's just a personal favorite, Owlboy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Are you looking just like, for art style, gameplay, or a mixture of both?

If both, Cave Story is pretty great.
    If gameplay, Hollow Knight.
    If artstyle, although this one's just a personal favorite, Owlboy.
    In all these terms you mentioned actually. Hollow Knight i saw, but idk... Something is getting me off from this game and idk what.

10+ Year Old Account
    i just ordered a premade emulator with 10k old school games, cant wait for it to come. Shadowlands is a bust for me, too many things to do to stay competitive...u should buy one!

What game Among Us is the game like?

Hi everybody!
    Recently while surfing wed I accidentally found a game, read many comments that compliment this game very well and the game name is Among Us. I am wondering a few things about this game:
    Among us is a game like?
    Among us is a game genre?
    Can I play Among Us on multiple machines?
    And the game Among Us is simple?

I want to consult please. Thanks.