Quote Originally Posted by EmperorofMankind View Post
    Steam trains are cool and all but i am looking for a game that has modern electric trains.
    Anyone knows a game that can recommend that has one.
    P.S.
    Simulators are out of the picture.
    I would prefer games like RRT2.
    Late game in Transport Fever 2, OpenTTD, Mashinky, Sid Meiers Railroads etc? Maybe something like Sweet transit perhaps? Not really sure of games where you start out with electrics rather than them being sort of end game. I'm quite enjoying Derail Valley which is so much fun in VR but very much sim with building a transport company on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Damn, I was going to suggest Train Sim World but with sims being out of the question I'm not sure how much luck you'll have finding anything that meaningfully includes modern electric trains. Some may be more background set dressing in games.
    I was never fond of simulator games. I like arcade strategic games likes RRT2 or Opentdd.

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    Late game in Transport Fever 2, OpenTTD, Mashinky, Sid Meiers Railroads etc? Maybe something like Sweet transit perhaps? Not really sure of games where you start out with electrics rather than them being sort of end game. I'm quite enjoying Derail Valley which is so much fun in VR but very much sim with building a transport company on the side
    I have spent over 1000 hours in Opentdd, Sid Meiers Railroads - not fond of art style and gameplay, never tried the second game but I tried Transport fever 1 something didn't fit.
    I hate VR.
    I found a browser game called Railnation. Late game electric engines look very nice there, so I was wondering if there is a proper game that focuses on modern date locomotives.
    When I play Opentdd I enjoy playing with modern/future trains like monorails trains or vactrains.
    It doesn't need to be a game that has top-notch graphics but i would like to that the locomotives to look good and the gameplay to be rather good.
    I know finding a good game could be hard in this dying age is rather hard that is why i am seeking aid the forums.

Transport fever 2 is a lot more enjoyable than 1 IMO and I've had a lot of fun making some epically huge (and eventually pretty much fully electric) networks with massive freight yards and passenger hubs etc - there's a crapload of mods, including some very nice decor pieces, for it too which is always nice