If you want to try something really different from World of Warcraft, you can try out Star Trek Online. It's free to play and has a very good free to play model. It's pretty fun and a very different experience from WoW.

check out Eldevin, browser based mmorpg and F2P.

Currently Playing: Eldevin

TERA is pretty great when it comes to the combat and the style of the game, sadly the questing is pretty generic and grindy and gets old soon. The action based combat is probably the best I've played in an MMO, it's really quite great and feels meaty and weighty... but the game itself got boring pretty quickly for me once I'd got over the initial enjoyment of the combat system.

Still 100% worth trying though
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    TERA is pretty great when it comes to the combat and the style of the game, sadly the questing is pretty generic and grindy and gets old soon. The action based combat is probably the best I've played in an MMO, it's really quite great and feels meaty and weighty... but the game itself got boring pretty quickly for me once I'd got over the initial enjoyment of the combat system.

Still 100% worth trying though
    On my last 60 and just so bored now got every alt geared but god so bored
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Are there any popular free games that are similar to Civ 5 and Clash of Clans? I saw castle clash on android which is pretty good but not as popular.
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I'd look into:

Runescape
    Eve Online
    Darkfall
    Rift
    Swtor
    Guild Wars 2
    Defiance
    The Secret World

or hell anything on the list of top f2p mmo's. But if you're burnt out on wow... most of these are basically WoW with a minor twist (like Swtor is wow in space with a different crafting and gear midification system, or rift is WoW with a different class system)
    Well, is Defiance still worth giving a try? I heard so many negative comments/reviews. How's the game handling now? What about population?

Quote Originally Posted by Pyle View Post
    Well, is Defiance still worth giving a try? I heard so many negative comments/reviews. How's the game handling now? What about population?
    It's pretty much devdead.

Their latest DLC was pretty much a cosmetic patch and a few dailies.

That said, I hear the shadow wars stuff is still fun / active.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Eve Online. The only mmo worth to mention except of wow. The rest are bad "wow-clones" or "Asian Grind-fest".
    Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2014-02-13 at 02:30 PM.

Try Guild Wars 2, EVE online or The Secret World.
    I won't recommend you trying Neverwinter online.

Deleted
    Final Fantasy XIV ARR

I'd greatly reccomend you trying out the Age of Conan. The raids are 10/10 (honestly, raids are superior in AoC) reminds me of vanilla WoW. And there's soooo many content, so many raids (many, many)! Including insanely entertaining world bosses (12 of them), whose are constantly changing. (Crom server is the most populated, if you decide to give it a try, my ingame nickname: Tarmozas). And the game is not dead! Whoever says it's dead is lying to you! By the way, there's a huge update coming, which will feature an implementation of achievements, revamped crafting system, more user-friendly UI, and more.
    Also I'd recommend you trying out Guild Wars 2, but its more casual-like, if you enjoy raiding, you won't be impressed.
    Last edited by Dakkafang; 2014-02-13 at 05:59 PM.

Asheron's Call, of course.

Deleted
    MMOs are all bad since 2008, they are a waste of time and are filled with Casualbullshit. Just play Singleplayer Games or MP Games like SC2 or BF4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastila View Post
    MMOs are all bad since 2008, they are a waste of time and are filled with Casualbullshit.
    Why are you even here, then?
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Quote Originally Posted by Bastila View Post
    MMOs are all bad since 2008, they are a waste of time and are filled with Casualbullshit. Just play Singleplayer Games or MP Games like SC2 or BF4.
    Recent MMO's might not have been custom tailored to your personal tastes but that certainly doesn't make them 'bad'. There's a fair few MMO's currently on the market that have been well received. FFXIV:ARR and GW2 spring to mind, though there's others as well.

Deleted
    Hey guys,

- SNIP -
    Cheers,

Judger

Do not post links advertising on the website. Infracted. - Lucetia
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2014-02-15 at 05:04 PM.

Everquest 1
    Everquest 2
    Vanguard: Saga of Heroes

All pretty fun. Slower paced than WoW though.

EVE Online is pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by Judger View Post
    Hey guys,

- SNIP -

Cheers,

Judger
    - SNIP - is DOA game. Don't bother.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2014-02-15 at 05:04 PM.