10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    My father's birthday is coming up
    i'm by no means an expert on point & click / adventure games, but i think the Deponia series has been rather well received. the solutions to puzzles seem to be somewhat.. random at times, but it would fit your description, except for the dutch subs.

I am looking for a game similar to Ys Origin. I have played all of the games within the series that is available on Stream. I know there a fair amount of games related on handheld systems but I haven't had the money to buy one.

I have an Xbox 360 that I am more than willing to buy a game for that system. PC works as well, I don't have any handheld systems which I know have a fair amount of games related to this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    any games like civilization but with magic? i know an earlier civ game had a fantasy gamemode which let you play as elves and had mythical units but id like something a bit more recent

and mods with a magic theme just arent the same :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    any games like civilization but with magic?
    Warlock - Master of the Arcane? haven't played it myself, but "civ with magic" seems to be a pretty accurate description.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi everyone I am looking for a strategy 4x game in style with civ 3 and 5. prefer something new but its not a requirement.

a civ 6 would be perfect but it does not exist as far as i know :P
    Last edited by Saphyron; 2014-03-02 at 04:18 PM.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Crusader Kings 2. I can never go back to civ games.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    Crusader Kings 2. I can never go back to civ games.
    crusader kings 2 doesn't share all that many similarities with something like civ, though. i agree that it's a good game, but i disagree that it's a good recommendation for someone who looks for a "4x game in style with civ".

well it's not newer but the best "civ" type game I've ever played, and that includes the civ games themselves, is Alpha Centauri. It's created by the same person that made the Civ games, Sid Meier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    crusader kings 2 doesn't share all that many similarities with something like civ, though. i agree that it's a good game, but i disagree that it's a good recommendation for someone who looks for a "4x game in style with civ".
    Aye looked at it. seems like an okay game but way too high price for such a old game. Don't mind paying lots of money for a new game but an older game that has such a high price tag no ty. also looked at it. seems nothing like civ.

Been playin warlock master of the arcane, feels like civ 5 just more magic and a strange building system but none the less nice can recommend it. but hoping for something more since warlock is easily beaten even on highest diffulcility. And heroes/lords is way too op tbh. Had a healer lord lvl 22 she could easily take out alone a big army and a main base. even more so when you have aoe fire spells that takes half of the health of the opponent army. My healer one-shot every monster sent my way.

But i really hope to find more like this. anyone have any ideas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    well it's not newer but the best "civ" type game I've ever played, and that includes the civ games themselves, is Alpha Centauri. It's created by the same person that made the Civ games, Sid Meier.
    I am gonna look this up. ty

edit: just bought it. looks really fun. only 32 danish kroners which is a durable amount.
    Crusader kings 2 is just a bit too much. cost 600 danish kroners on steam
    Last edited by Saphyron; 2014-03-03 at 05:08 PM.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Hey everyone,

Here is my situation. Me and a group of my close friends have been Runescape players since 2006. Ever since the game started dying, we've been playing off and on in phases. Sadly, we all agree that it's time to cut the chord and move on. I'm the only one with any mmorpg experience outside of RS out of this group. I've played Flyff, Perfect World, Tera, and my favorite out of these, Grand Fantasia. Now we're all bored.

I'm looking for basically the new, popular version of Grand Fantasia. I loved GF because it had tons of different, unique items to use, an easy auction/exchange system, and tons of different bosses and group activities. Unfortunately, the game has really gone downhill. We really like to collect different, rare items, instead of just using the standard armor and weapons that everyone uses obtained from the story quests.. It's also really important that the game is still growing and alive, since we want to find a long term replacement of RS. Specs shouldn't be too much of a problem, but the lower the better I guess.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! I'll answer any questions. (edited: I'm thinking Aura Kingdom. opinions? Or would Guild Wars be worth it?
    Last edited by CincinnatiReds; 2014-03-05 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CincinnatiReds View Post
    Hey everyone,

Here is my situation. Me and a group of my close friends have been Runescape players since 2006. Ever since the game started dying, we've been playing off and on in phases. Sadly, we all agree that it's time to cut the chord and move on. I'm the only one with any mmorpg experience outside of RS out of this group. I've played Flyff, Perfect World, Tera, and my favorite out of these, Grand Fantasia. Now we're all bored.

I'm looking for basically the new, popular version of Grand Fantasia. I loved GF because it had tons of different, unique items to use, an easy auction/exchange system, and tons of different bosses and group activities. Unfortunately, the game has really gone downhill. We really like to collect different, rare items, instead of just using the standard armor and weapons that everyone uses obtained from the story quests.. It's also really important that the game is still growing and alive, since we want to find a long term replacement of RS. Specs shouldn't be too much of a problem, but the lower the better I guess.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! I'll answer any questions. (edited: I'm thinking Aura Kingdom. opinions? Or would Guild Wars be worth it?
    Well, PC specs does matter when choosing what MMO to play. Anyway, I'll share my list and see what sparks your interest.

-Eden Eternal
    -Eclipse War
    -Dragon Nest
    -League of Legends
    -Ragnarok Online

Can anyone suggest a good wilderness survival game/simulator? I'm really in the mood for one for some reason. Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    Can anyone suggest a good wilderness survival game/simulator? I'm really in the mood for one for some reason. Thanks!
    If you don't mind something cartoony, but very fun, try Don't Starve :P

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    You could try Minecraft it's got a survival mode

Quote Originally Posted by Desaris View Post
    You could try Minecraft it's got a survival mode
    I meant something a little more realistic, although I did enjoy Minecraft when I played it a bit a while back.

how about Amnesia: The Dark Descent

it's a horror survival game

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking for an MMO experience without the 200+ latency, I've just played a bit of South Park: Stick of Truth and the aspect of finding loot and gear has started my interest in the gear progression again.

I live in Australia, So I'd prefer a game with Oceanic servers.
    Open for suggestions!
    (I'd like to stay away from WoW)

- - - Updated - - -

Rust or Arama! You will have lots of fun with them

Any upcoming MMOPRG's for beta Testing? Eclipse War CBT is coming to a close so I'm on a hunt for another game. Suggestions please. Thanks!

Deleted
    Banished. Small indie game, but one of the best survival games of this moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Banished. Small indie game, but one of the best survival games of this moment.
    I don't think he meant this kind of games. I think it was something like "Man vs. Wild", or "Robinson Crusoe" in a video game - if so, I would also love to find a decent game like that.