Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    The only FPS I can really stand anymore is CS:GO and occasionally the older CS titles for fun. All the modern shooters are so convoluted with garbage these days. Titanfall really sealed the deal for me that the FPS industry is in complete ruins.

On the bright side there are plenty of cool single player titles as mentioned above.
    I think some of the newer ones are fine, but the leveling components are often the thing that turns me away. Always boring to have to start out at a disadvantage.

ARMA 3 and Red Orchestra 2 if you want THE most realistic shooter experience. No, Battlefield isn't realistic.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    I feel like playing a good fps with good single and multiplayer modes on PC. Any suggestions?
    If you just wanna shoot shit up, I like CS or L4D. If you want some story/development, I enjoyed Bioshock and Borderlands 2. I really like Borderlands 2 for the RPG features and Diablo-esque loot system. Plus the dialogue is really funny!

your best bet is probably either the hidden object games or point and click adventure games. I can't help with the hidden object games but I recommend some great adventure games. all of these are available on PC. some of the older ones may require ScummVM to run on modern systems
    Gabriel Knight series (first game is getting a remake too)
    Broken Sword 1 & 2
    Still Life (avoid the sequel though)
    Secret Files
    Memento Mori

and some less detectivey but still same genre and very much worth playing...
    Monkey Island 1 & 2
    Grim Fandango
    Longest Journey
    Dreamfall
    Edna & Harvey: The Breakout

what about something like LA Noire?

It has combat in it but a large part of the game is finding clues and solving cases with those clues.

Deleted

Looking for an MMORPG (Hardcore)

Hello guys,

I was looking through this forum and i couldnt realy find any game that suited my needs..
    Im looking for an mmorpg game like the old tibia, where your goal was basicly to rule the server. Where if you died it actually meant something.. you'd loose experience and some gear. And you could kill anyone anywhere except for tempels and storage areas and houses.

So what im asking is if you guys could give me some tips of an mmo where the goal is to be the most powerful guild, a game with open pvp like the old tibia ?

With kind regards,

Maatty

Quote Originally Posted by Maatty View Post
    Hello guys,

I was looking through this forum and i couldnt realy find any game that suited my needs..
    Im looking for an mmorpg game like the old tibia, where your goal was basicly to rule the server. Where if you died it actually meant something.. you'd loose experience and some gear. And you could kill anyone anywhere except for tempels and storage areas and houses.

So what im asking is if you guys could give me some tips of an mmo where the goal is to be the most powerful guild, a game with open pvp like the old tibia ?

With kind regards,

Maatty
    Hm...not many games like that online now.

EVE Online is probably the closest you could get right now, though the way it is structured, it is impossible for any alliance to take over the entire galaxy (since the logistics in maintaining a 6k+ system empire would be impossible to meet). BoB made headway though, and for quite a while controlled the largest player empire in the game (almost made it to 600 star systems), though the combined forces of the Northern Coalition ultimately brought it down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Hm...not many games like that online now.

EVE Online is probably the closest you could get right now, though the way it is structured, it is impossible for any alliance to take over the entire galaxy (since the logistics in maintaining a 6k+ system empire would be impossible to meet). BoB made headway though, and for quite a while controlled the largest player empire in the game (almost made it to 600 star systems), though the combined forces of the Northern Coalition ultimately brought it down.
    Ive seen some sandbox games thats near release that is similar to tibia but id like to get playing right now Do you have any other suggestions other then EVE online?

Quote Originally Posted by Maatty View Post
    Ive seen some sandbox games thats near release that is similar to tibia but id like to get playing right now Do you have any other suggestions other then EVE online?
    I'm curious if anyone knows of any 'traditional' MMOs with elements akin to Eve Online... namely playerbuilt bases/towns and an almost complete focus on player economy. I know I've read of 'sandbox pvp mmos' in the past, but they seem to go quiet and I never notice their betas ending. Wondering if there's any that actually made it to Live and aren't just hopes & promises.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    I'm curious if anyone knows of any 'traditional' MMOs with elements akin to Eve Online... namely playerbuilt bases/towns and an almost complete focus on player economy. I know I've read of 'sandbox pvp mmos' in the past, but they seem to go quiet and I never notice their betas ending. Wondering if there's any that actually made it to Live and aren't just hopes & promises.
    None out right now, but:

SWG emulators
    The Repopulation (still in development, SWG like sandbox)
    Pathfinder Online (still in development, RP sandbox)
    ArcheAge (Still in development, traditional MMO sandbox)

Hello guys, could someone advise me on which game to play between SWTOR and GW2?

I'm currently not playing WoW but it's summer break and I feel that something is missing so I was thinking of playing one of those two mmo's. I stopped playing swtor after getting to level 45 on my operative and I honestly do not remember why. I installed it again and logged on my operative but I don't remember how it's played and they've added so much on the UI that it was just too overwhelming so if I do go back to swtor I would be restarting from scratch and figure it out as I go.

As for GW2, I bought GW2 a few weeks after it released after seeing my old roommate play it but I only played like an hour and then just went back to WoW. I was a bit unhappy about the waste of money but I just couldn't stand walking all over the place in GW2 and not having a sort of mount. I know that's a lame reason to stop playing GW2 but I just wasn't in the mood for starting at zero back then. I also tried GW2 again but logged out immediately after I saw someone advertise for a dungeon group saying they weren't taking nubs. That really discourage me from GW2, I know that one person is not the whole community but I knew I was that nub, I don't know, it made me feel rejected.

I was a disc priest in WoW, had the proven healer but sucked at everything else in the game (dpsing, tanking, playing other classes, mediocre in pvp) Can anyone help me and tell me which of the two (SWTOR or GW2) has something like the disc priest and which one of the two has more players or a better dungeon finder experience, that's probably what I will focus on. I'm leaning for SWTOR because I already played 45 levels of it but I don't really know if GW2 has better lfg content. Thanks.
    pokemon x/y 3ds 3969-5096-1949 Abra, Espurr and Xatu

15+ Year Old Account
    edit no exclusive.

But you could play all the GTA again, i like to do so :P
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by manybadgers View Post
    Hello guys, could someone advise me on which game to play between SWTOR and GW2?

I'm currently not playing WoW but it's summer break and I feel that something is missing so I was thinking of playing one of those two mmo's. I stopped playing swtor after getting to level 45 on my operative and I honestly do not remember why. I installed it again and logged on my operative but I don't remember how it's played and they've added so much on the UI that it was just too overwhelming so if I do go back to swtor I would be restarting from scratch and figure it out as I go.

As for GW2, I bought GW2 a few weeks after it released after seeing my old roommate play it but I only played like an hour and then just went back to WoW. I was a bit unhappy about the waste of money but I just couldn't stand walking all over the place in GW2 and not having a sort of mount. I know that's a lame reason to stop playing GW2 but I just wasn't in the mood for starting at zero back then. I also tried GW2 again but logged out immediately after I saw someone advertise for a dungeon group saying they weren't taking nubs. That really discourage me from GW2, I know that one person is not the whole community but I knew I was that nub, I don't know, it made me feel rejected.

I was a disc priest in WoW, had the proven healer but sucked at everything else in the game (dpsing, tanking, playing other classes, mediocre in pvp) Can anyone help me and tell me which of the two (SWTOR or GW2) has something like the disc priest and which one of the two has more players or a better dungeon finder experience, that's probably what I will focus on. I'm leaning for SWTOR because I already played 45 levels of it but I don't really know if GW2 has better lfg content. Thanks.
    just judging from what you posted here I'd definitely say you would be happier with SWTOR, and this is coming from a GW2 fan.

I am looking for a new game. PC only. Looking for something similar in FPS feel to Skyrim and Dishonored. I like the whole open world of Skyrim, and I love the whole upgrade powers and leveling and buying things. Plus stealth with killing things as a different option.

I'm already own Deus Ex, and have played it a lot so not that one lol. I might just keep with Skyrim and Dishonored as I have not yet beat either of them, but seriously... I want another one haha.

Aveline's amazing work!

Quote Originally Posted by Valiea View Post
    I am looking for a new game. PC only. Looking for something similar in FPS feel to Skyrim and Dishonored. I like the whole open world of Skyrim, and I love the whole upgrade powers and leveling and buying things. Plus stealth with killing things as a different option.

I'm already own Deus Ex, and have played it a lot so not that one lol. I might just keep with Skyrim and Dishonored as I have not yet beat either of them, but seriously... I want another one haha.
    ARMA 3 if you want an open world, highly realistic, highly tactical FPS.

Fallout 3 and and NV if you just want shooter Skyrim.

Take a look at Kingdom Come: Deliverance if you want more ES, but without all the magic.

You could try the Borderland games as well. It's an FPS with a lot of RPG elements like leveling, upgrading your abilities, and buying different weapons. Plus the characters have different abilities that differentiate themselves.

Help with New MMO

Hey there, I have been playing wow for 10 years now and I am looking to try something new till WoD comes out.
    I currently have played

Rift - Didnt care for the game play after 60.
    Diablo 3 - Dont care for the endgame cause there is none...
    Tera - When i played there was no endgame.

I am looking for a game that has alot to do after you reach endgame content. I am not that big into space stuff so Eve is out. Please help me and ty very much for your time.

Unfortunately, wow is the only MMO with as big end game...

i can give you 3 to try

Everquest
    Everquest 2
    Dungeons & Dragons online

10+ Year Old Account
    I will have to move this, even though it is sorta "While a wait" thread. it would still fit better under the games general discussion.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..