Page 7 of 212 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'm interested in trying out a free FPS game. The only requirements for me is that it is fun to play with an active community, for the rest I don't care about the setting or stuff like that. Which FPS games are the best in this case?
    Battleground Europe is pretty fun too, if you don't mind the dated graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'm interested in trying out a free FPS game. The only requirements for me is that it is fun to play with an active community, for the rest I don't care about the setting or stuff like that. Which FPS games are the best in this case?
    Hawken is pretty damn fun.
    It's an FPS.
    With mechs.

Enough said.

Good RPG's to play?

I'm taking a break from MMO's and want to play some RPG's.

I've played fallout series, elder scrolls series (morrowind, oblivion, skyrim)... don't know what to play next. I was thinking of fable 3 but its 50 bucks and don't know if its worth it. Suggest some RPG's for me to play, I really don't mind if its old because they can still be really good.

Baldur's Gate? Neverwinter Nights? Dragon Age?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't try fable 3... just play the first one, if you want a good rpg you can play golden sun 1&2 (which is also being discussed in this forum)

Wait a week or so before purchasing a RPG game Christmas sales on GMG/Steam/GOG are around the corner.

I would recommend Baldurs gate.

Don't get Fable 3, get the earlier ones, people say 3 sucks and I'd have to agree. From the looks of it you prefer wRPGs, but if you're into jRPGs, try The Last Remnant. It's by Square Enix, and it's basically Final Fantasy with a slightly different combat system. Then there's games like Far Cry 3. I have yet to play it but I've heard good things. Kingdoms of Amalur is good too. Torchlight (II), Diablo 2 or 3, Borderlands (2), Dark Souls... there's tons to play. Really depends on your preferences.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    Although I believe that We never killed osama and OBAMA just used it as propaganda to win a election cause Osama's was probably dead for years I Usually am not gullible.

Far cry 3 is a blast its got a lot of elements similar to skyrim but with guns. I just beat it and to me its game of the year.

Just take a look through http://store.steampowered.com/genre/RPG/ find what interests you, and what imgur said, wait until the winter sales to see if they go down in price.

Although I believe that We never killed osama and OBAMA just used it as propaganda to win a election cause Osama's was probably dead for years I Usually am not gullible.

Do not get Fable 3, huge huge huge disappointment. Bleh. I got it on sale on Steam for $15 and it was still a major waste of money.

I'd recommend Dragon Age personally, Darksiders 2 also really excellent, but again Steam winter sales start this Thursday at 10AM PST, so wait til then and save a bunch of $$
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Get Gothic 1 and 2.

Just do it, you won't be disappointed.

Yeah, Dragon Age was good, and you might like Gothic if you don't mind OLD games. I've never been able to play really old games and enjoy them, but you said you may be able to. Also, Dead Space and Mass Effect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MCMXCIX View Post
    Yeah, Dragon Age was good, and you might like Gothic if you don't mind OLD games. I've never been able to play really old games and enjoy them, but you said you may be able to. Also, Dead Space and Mass Effect.
    I'm playing Avadon: The Black Fortress at the moment and enjoying it =)

Dragon age, Kingdoms of Amalur and the Witcher 2 are all great games.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    Arx Fatalis
    Dark Messiah
    Deus Ex
    Gothic
    Morrowind
    Neverwinter Nights
    System Shock
    Hmm, I looked at all of those and they seem TOO roleplay-y (I know, stupid phrasing.) I enjoy a good story and all that but back when I originally played Deus Ex I had a lot of extra time and could enjoy that kind of stuff. Now I'm a bit too busy and prefer something where I can hop in for 30 minutes and make some decent progress then save and log out. Thank you for the suggestions though.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking to get into Sci-Fi/space 4X/RTS games and looking for suggestions. 3D if possible (not a big fan of top-down/immobile camera positions) although I do prefer gameplay over graphics.

I don't know why all the Fable 3 hate. I had a good time with it.

Deleted
    Hi there I'm looking for a really fun game set in the middle-ages or such a like settings (I like when there's like mages, warriors and rangers or such within a world of darkness).
    I prefer it to be an online game (multiplayer) with some kind of PvP - But no requirement.
    I really want a rich, good lore. I love games with great lore, such as GW2 and "old" WoW (like Ulduar and that stuff)
    I don't like games where you really need to dedicate hours after hours just to get gear to compete with others (chinese farming games and such).
    I also prefer 3D and not a camera from above like D3.
    I've almost exclusively tried LoL/WoW/SW:tor/CS/BF3 - So haven't played this kind of games even though I really enjoy the setting :P

If you know anything, I'd be damn happy!

Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    Hi there I'm looking for a really fun game set in the middle-ages or such a like settings (I like when there's like mages, warriors and rangers or such within a world of darkness).
    I prefer it to be an online game (multiplayer) with some kind of PvP - But no requirement.
    I really want a rich, good lore. I love games with great lore, such as GW2 and "old" WoW (like Ulduar and that stuff)
    I don't like games where you really need to dedicate hours after hours just to get gear to compete with others (chinese farming games and such).
    I also prefer 3D and not a camera from above like D3.
    I've almost exclusively tried LoL/WoW/SW:tor/CS/BF3 - So haven't played this kind of games even though I really enjoy the setting :P

If you know anything, I'd be damn happy!
    Maybe give LotRO a try? It's definitely got good lore and a mid-evil type setting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Maybe give LotRO a try? It's definitely got good lore and a mid-evil type setting.
    I'll check it out, but I've heard it's supposed to be really bad gameplay/combatsystem (buggy, clumpy etc) though :S But will give it an extra check:>