Page 8 of 212 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    I'll check it out, but I've heard it's supposed to be really bad gameplay/combatsystem (buggy, clumpy etc) though :S But will give it an extra check:>
    I didn't play a good deal of it but I didn't have any problems with the time that I did play.

Deleted
    Hi. Can anyone suggest a game(games) thats made in 2010(could be a few years earlier if its REALLY good) or later with a very strong atmosphere or great story that's similar to either Dragon Age/Mass Effect/Elder Scrolls series or Starcraft 2/Sim City/Sims. It really HAS to be a new game and not indie. Poor graphics and no voice acting is a deal breaker unfortunately.

I've already tried Fallout 3 and NV, Tropico 4 (loved it) and a few other. Oh and Witcher 2 too, didn't really get into that though so never finished it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Hi. Can anyone suggest a game(games) thats made in 2010(could be a few years earlier if its REALLY good) or later with a very strong atmosphere or great story that's similar to either Dragon Age/Mass Effect/Elder Scrolls series or Starcraft 2/Sim City/Sims. It really HAS to be a new game and not indie. Poor graphics and no voice acting is a deal breaker unfortunately.

I've already tried Fallout 3 and NV, Tropico 4 (loved it) and a few other. Oh and Witcher 2 too, didn't really get into that though so never finished it.
    I'd recommend Darksiders 2. People say it is similar to God of War, but I've never played that, I'd say it plays similar to Zelda meets Oblivion. Action RPG, you play the horseman Death, solving puzzles and fighting monsters. Nice atmosphere, great story, and, imo, really fun. You can play a free demo using OnLive if you are interested in trying first.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

I'll check it out, but I've heard it's supposed to be really bad gameplay/combatsystem (buggy, clumpy etc) though :S But will give it an extra check:>
    It's not the best combat for sure (although the group combos are kind of neat) and the character models are really bad. However, the environments, lore, and story missions are all very nice. It's worth a try in my opinion.

I'd like to try out games like the Walking Dead, where you can tailor your own story within the game. I've never actually been looking to these kind of games before.

Deleted
    I am looking for something Zelda-like, preferably fantasy. Whether it is oldschool 2d top-down like A Link to the Past or newish 3d I don't really care. I have played both Darksiders but I feel like I really need a fix over the Christmas holidays, need my puzzle-solving and boss killing.

Deleted
    Hi there I'm looking for a really fun game set in the middle-ages or such a like settings (I like when there's like mages, warriors and rangers or such within a world of darkness).
    I prefer it to be an online game (multiplayer) with some kind of PvP - But no requirement.
    I really want a rich, good lore. I love games with great lore, such as GW2 and "old" WoW (like Ulduar and that stuff)
    I don't like games where you really need to dedicate hours after hours just to get gear to compete with others (chinese farming games and such).
    I also prefer 3D and not a camera from above like D3.
    I've almost exclusively tried LoL/WoW/SW:tor/CS/BF3 - So haven't played this kind of games even though I really enjoy the setting :P

If you know anything, I'd be damn happy!
    try rift trial if you want something new try secretworld (no sub for it atm)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVpl4eKn3aY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82TSz2_UDxU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N40uY51s5Z0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqsBgU14KhI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjSGHzB80Cg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFc1N4216uM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK4k_Ieh8Wg

also swtor mmo is now f2p its storylines is worthy.
    Last edited by mmoc75ff9691d6; 2012-12-19 at 12:09 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    I'd recommend Darksiders 2. People say it is similar to God of War, but I've never played that, I'd say it plays similar to Zelda meets Oblivion. Action RPG, you play the horseman Death, solving puzzles and fighting monsters. Nice atmosphere, great story, and, imo, really fun. You can play a free demo using OnLive if you are interested in trying first.
    Now that you mention it, I remember my ex playing Darksiders 1:P He let me watch and I wanted to try it but never got to it so thanks. I'm seeing if I can find a demo before I buy it. But please tell me it's not one of those.. what do you call them.. where you have to jump around and collect stuff and then press certain keys in certain order at the right moment or for the really powerful attacks.

Two of my favorite "underrated" games:

Alpha Protocol
    Binary Domain

Kinda like Mass Effect, more shooting less story, but still pretty interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doylez View Post
    Two of my favorite "underrated" games:

Alpha Protocol
    Binary Domain

Kinda like Mass Effect, more shooting less story, but still pretty interesting.
    Hmm, I've never even heard of those. Are you sure they are for PC?

Hmm, I've never even heard of those. Are you sure they are for PC?
    Yes, they aren't that well known/don't get recommended a lot because the gameplay isn't perfect, still loved them though.

Trailer for both games (minor spoilers)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmXrbo3sRrM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsAHnfInOOA

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that you mention it, I remember my ex playing Darksiders 1:P He let me watch and I wanted to try it but never got to it so thanks. I'm seeing if I can find a demo before I buy it. But please tell me it's not one of those.. what do you call them.. where you have to jump around and collect stuff and then press certain keys in certain order at the right moment or for the really powerful attacks.
    Do you mean a quick time event? There are a couple of those, yes, but they are very few and far between. If you mean combos, then yes, that is what the combat is based on. You also have to solve puzzles which involves "jumping around and collecting stuff." Like has been mentioned before, it's exactly like God of War meets Legend of Zelda.

Deleted
    there usealy called hack and slash or (action games) darksiders one is set in a world years after the extinction of humans and you play as one of the four horsemen called war in an open world and this open world uses a dungeon system simular to zelda occ. Decent game great story made me buy the second one but it feels dull compared to the first darksiders. Personaly if you like games done by bioware you should find a copy of jade empire i linked above and then save the cash for dragonage3 and jade empire 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking for a 4 person co-op game.
    Was thinking about buying my friends who I game with and hang out with IRL a co-op game we can all play next time we LAN.
    We enjoy trading our loot with each other and building our characters up. We have already played Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2, D3, Path of Exile, I just bough 4 pack of Dungeon Defenders but need more :P

Must be action kind of game, with loot aspect and of course 4+ player, not too overly price for one person to buy 4 copies, steam DRM.
    Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're looking for Diablo clones here are some you might not have played yet: Dungeon Siege, Sacred, Titan Quest.

I can also suggest NWN, but it's a more story oriented RPG rather than a loot fest, but it's pretty combat heavy too. I was speaking about the original campaign, but the game comes with powerful editor, and there are tons of different player made modules for it. From story only to pure hack and slash.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

I'm looking for some similar games like:
    Jagged Alliance 2 - turn based tactical strategy (prefer 2D, but a good 3D with nice models and good camera will do as well - I hate new Jagged Alliance games as camera is totally screwed - limited).

Some space combat game like Space Empires Starfury where you can buy yourself a space ship and then upgrade it and so on and a lot of space combat around. I tried EVE online, but I don't like to be limited with moving and combat is pretty boring there - also not enough upgrading.

Also all suggested games need to run on windows 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Numeanor View Post
    I'm looking for some similar games like:
    Jagged Alliance 2 - turn based tactical strategy (prefer 2D, but a good 3D with nice models and good camera will do as well - I hate new Jagged Alliance games as camera is totally screwed - limited).

Some space combat game like Space Empires Starfury where you can buy yourself a space ship and then upgrade it and so on and a lot of space combat around. I tried EVE online, but I don't like to be limited with moving and combat is pretty boring there - also not enough upgrading.

Also all suggested games need to run on windows 7.
    Xcom - Enemy Unknown.

I don't think there have been any good space shooters for quite a while. FTL is good but probably not what you're looking for (2d/strategy game).

Deleted

Zombie games?

Hi guys!

I'm sure a lot of people already started posts like this one in the past, but I wanted to create it by myself to get answered directly

Today I started watching The Walking Dead (yeah I know, I should have done this a long time ago, but better late than never) and felt like I want to play a zombies game.

I want to ask you if you could recommend me any type of zombies game: I already played L4D series, WarZ, Dead Island and Dead Frontier. I may revisit L4D2 since it was a great game, but right now I'm searching for something more "Walking Dead"-type. Dead Frontier was probably the one that approached the most (as far as I know) to this concept, but it started to feel repetitive and boring at the end (still a great browser game, you should try it!).

Do you guys know any more games that I should try?

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if you're looking for a 'Walking Dead' type game I suggest you play 'The Walking Dead' video game. It is excellent, though don't go in expecting an fps. It is pretty much a misery simulator. That is to say...it tries to capture the despair that comes with living in a world where the human race is doomed. It is on sale today for half off on Steam.

Edit: just realized you just started watching the tv series so it is important to note that TWD game is telling a new story, just set within the same world as the show/comics. For the most part there are completely different characters (although 2 characters from the show are portrayed in what I guess can be called extended cameos set before the events of the tv series).
    Last edited by shokter; 2012-12-26 at 08:36 PM.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Deleted
    Thanks for the info! I'll probably try it, but still is not what I'm looking for

Still I appreciate your suggestion and I'll look to get it on Steam now with xmas sales