Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    I'm old. Not retired-old, but old enough that my reflexes aren't supersharp...
    You've ruled out pretty much all the big ones. MMORPGs with deep PvE gameplay and tolerant combat systems. Many, maybe most, new MMOs are introducing more active combat systems.

You could try Tera, but it is one of those modern MMOs with action combat. It does have reasonably challenging PvE, but no raids.

You could try a popular single player like Dark Souls and Skyrim, of course.

On further thought, even if you do not like "shooters", maybe your best bet is Fallout 3. That certainly has depth and its no ordinary high octane shooter at all.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-04-22 at 05:34 PM.

You may want to try The Secret World. The community isn't the biggest, but it's friendly and helpful. The dungeons are great and the quest experience pretty good too. There are cutscenes for most quests, but the dialogue is good and the voice acting is too; if you're not into that sort of thing, though, you may want to pass (they are skippable with ESC however). The game doesn't run very well some some computers; nVidia-based machines seem to handle it best.

You could try a popular single player like Dark Souls and Skyrim, of course.
    This isn't a bad idea at all.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    You may want to try The Secret World.
    Would have recommended except they specifically stated that their reaction time/fast paced combat like GW2 was not for them. I put TSW right there in the same pace as you need to be frantically spamming and dodging and running to not die. I think they would completely hate the game based on that alone.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Is there any MMO out there that has good PvP compared to WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by AcrobaticMegalodon View Post
    Is there any MMO out there that has good PvP compared to WoW?
    Since your post gives us no way of knowing what you consider "good"...
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    give me car games for pc. no trivial ones

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello!

I'm looking for games where the storytelling is superb. Games that really makes you care about the characters and what happens to them.
    Sadly I only have a PC so console games are not an option. However the genre doesn't really matter much as I can enjoy any game as long as the story is great. I do prefer RPG's over the rest though as they usually also have depth in gameplay.

Here are some example games just so you know what kind of quality I'm looking for and what I've already played:

Final Fantasy VI/VII/VIII/X
    Mass Effect -trilogy
    Assassin's Creed - all of them
    Metal Gear Solid -all except the handheld games
    Dragon Age - all of them
    Kingdom Hearts
    Half Life

These are the best examples I could think of right now. And I realize that the standard is set pretty high but while I have played alot of games I'm sure I've missed hidden diamonds.

So fire away!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UR1L View Post
    Hello!

I'm looking for games where the storytelling is superb. Games that really makes you care about the characters and what happens to them.
    Sadly I only have a PC so console games are not an option. However the genre doesn't really matter much as I can enjoy any game as long as the story is great. I do prefer RPG's over the rest though as they usually also have depth in gameplay.

Here are some example games just so you know what kind of quality I'm looking for and what I've already played:

Final Fantasy VI/VII/VIII/X
    Mass Effect -trilogy
    Assassin's Creed - all of them
    Metal Gear Solid -all except the handheld games
    Dragon Age - all of them
    Kingdom Hearts
    Half Life

These are the best examples I could think of right now. And I realize that the standard is set pretty high but while I have played alot of games I'm sure I've missed hidden diamonds.

So fire away!
    baldurs gate. what else could you possibly want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    baldurs gate. what else could you possibly want.
    Already played it.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UR1L View Post
    KotOR? It's older and not for everyone, but most people think the story and characters are well done. Gotta like Star Wars or you won't enjoy it at all.
    BAD WOLF

Planescape: Torment if you're willing to go for something really old.

Deleted
    I'm looking for a game, been searching for the last couple days in the interwebz, haven't found anything decent.
    I like 'survival' type of games, where you have to craft stuff yourself. I really loved Terraria and minecraft for example, also enjoyed "Don't starve" alot. Looking for similiar games. I know starbound is coming soon, pre-ordered but what to do in the meantime .
    I've played DayZ over 1000 hours.

Looking for something similiar to those games.
    Been playing ALOT of different games, if you know more than one similiar to what i might be looking for please mention them all. Thanks in advance!

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Lets see what we get.

I'm interested in a (preferably open world) real-time action RPG.
    Skyrim's a good example, but I've utterly beat it into the floor and am looking for something hopefully higher paced.
    I don't mind if it's online, so long as solo play is possible whenever I want.
    Story is less important than solid, playable mechanics.

Things I like:
    Flashy/over the top ability animations. (Like this, but RO is old news)
    Dual Wielding. Particularly games that allow for high-paced dual wielding action. Dual 2h is a bonus, but not required.
    Dodging/parrying/other skill based things. Demons/Dark souls is a good example of this, but that game is far too slow.

Any tips?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanktas View Post
    I'm looking for a game, been searching for the last couple days in the interwebz, haven't found anything decent.
    I like 'survival' type of games, where you have to craft stuff yourself. I really loved Terraria and minecraft for example, also enjoyed "Don't starve" alot. Looking for similiar games. I know starbound is coming soon, pre-ordered but what to do in the meantime .
    I've played DayZ over 1000 hours.

Looking for something similiar to those games.
    Been playing ALOT of different games, if you know more than one similiar to what i might be looking for please mention them all. Thanks in advance!
    You could take a look at Salem, in beta currently but easy enough to get in, I loved it personally and spent 100+ hours in it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Since your post gives us no way of knowing what you consider "good"...
    Heavily supported by the devs, considered a major part of the game. PvP that isn't lacking. A large part of the playerbase does it.

If you can't think of any games, then make up your own definition of good. It's just subjective anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    You could take a look at Salem, in beta currently but easy enough to get in, I loved it personally and spent 100+ hours in it.
    Played it for around 60 hours myself, i feel pretty done with it

Heavily supported by the devs, considered a major part of the game. PvP that isn't lacking. A large part of the playerbase does it.

If you can't think of any games, then make up your own definition of good. It's just subjective anyway.
    Firefall.

The dev team is designing the game around being an esport. They have delinked pvp from pve allowing them to adjust pvp without effecting pve and vice verse. They removed any gear advantages from pvp to make it 100% skill based. They are hosting tournys already with cash prizes. It's fast paced and involves jetpacks.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted

You didn't say what type of PvP. Open world pvp? Battleground pvp? Structured pvp?

MMO:
    GW2 - WvWvW + structured battleground pvp.
    Tera - battleground pvp.
    Age of Wushu - open world pvp.
    Planetside 2 - open world pvp.
    EVE Online - open world pvp.

MO:
    Forge - structured battleground pvp.
    Bloodline Champions - structured battleground pvp.
    Dragon Nest - battleground pvp, 1v1.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2013-04-27 at 12:03 PM.

Deleted
    Can anybody name a game similar to Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Dishonored? Got Dishonored last week and after completing it, i immediatly wanted to play through Deus Ex again. Now this is also finished (again), but i want more!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Comburo View Post
    Can anybody name a game similar to Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Dishonored? Got Dishonored last week and after completing it, i immediatly wanted to play through Deus Ex again. Now this is also finished (again), but i want more!
    Dragon Age Origins