Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn Knight View Post
    Any idea for a sandbox-style MMORPG in a fantasy setting? I used to play Star Wars Galaxies quite a lot and yearn for that style of game, with more depth beyond standard PvE/PvP gameplay.
    Age of wushu or arcage maybe?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Hey, just finished bioshock infinite. Basically I am in need for a nice developing story as well as some characters I can into. I was wanting to fill my thirst for a new rpg.

I was either gonna checkout the original Bioshock or, KOTOR. I own both (1 gifted to me and 1 bought cheaply on sale). I would lean towards KOTOR if I could complete it before I reach 20 hours played or roughly that time played.

Any other must play rpgs (mainly story, gameplay is secondary to story for me) can be suggested in reference to my post please.

I have played rpgs:

I like:
    -Darksiders 1 + 2
    -Fallout 3/new vegas
    -Elder scrolls: oblivion and SKyrim
    -Kingdoms of amalur: Reckoning
    -Tomb raider (2013)
    -The witcher 1 + 2 (these of which being my favourite)
    -Mass effect trilogy
    -All the pokemon games
    -Paper mario

-I don't like combat akin to Dragon Age: Origins although the story is decent enough.

-I like turn based (paper mario series) or action turn based (like final fantasy 7) or even full on action combat like dmc or darksiders

-I hate the snes art style like donkey kong platformers and super mario rpg (even though I loved that game just art style I had to grit my teeth).

-I have access to xbox 360, High end PC, nintendo 3ds (obviously this includes ds) to get games for.

Thank you for any suggestions!!!

EDIT: I haven't tried half life series is it worth it?
    Last edited by mmoc1026fa9e2a; 2013-07-08 at 09:14 PM.

I got 20$ on steam to spend since I can't buying Walking Dead 400 day's later without having the Season 1 episodes so ill get that later.
    With that said I have been looking at a few games and I wanted people to tell me some games and give me a idea of what to buy.

The games I have looked at are.
    PayDay The Heist
    Rogue Legacy
    Dust: An Elysian Tail "Really sucks I missed the sell over the weekend "
    Saints Row The Third "without DLC with it cost 10$ and I don't have it to spare atm"
    Final Fantasy VII "Big Fan of FFVII but I want something new to play "
    Counter Strike GO "I had this on xbox360 and loved it dose anyone know if its still active and how active it is"

So anyone got any idea's????
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I need a game suggestion!
    I'm helping at my parent's small business this summer, but I'm not busy 90% of the time. I need a game that I can stop playing (pause) for three minutes at a time on a moment's notice. An MMO would be fine for this, or a single player RPG.

I'm a completionist, and I like RPG's a lot. I absolutely loved WoW BC if that helps... I'm also a big SW: KOTOR fan, even though the combat wasn't great. I'm really waiting on Wildstar right now.

Generally don't like shooters. Loved Mass Effect games though.

A game with an active online community is always nice. Love playing LoL and Dota, but obviously can't at work.

I loved the concept of Diablo 3 (slowly progressing based on drops) but I disliked the AH and RMAH...
    Last edited by The Pro; 2013-07-09 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pro View Post
    I'm helping at my parent's small business this summer, but I'm not busy 90% of the time. I need a game that I can stop playing (pause) for three minutes at a time on a moment's notice. An MMO would be fine for this, or a single player RPG.

I'm a completionist, and I like RPG's a lot. I absolutely loved WoW BC if that helps... I'm also a big SW: KOTOR fan, even though the combat wasn't great. I'm really waiting on Wildstar right now.

A game with an active online community is always nice. Love playing LoL and Dota, but obviously can't at work.

I loved the concept of Diablo 3 (slowly progressing based on drops) but I disliked the AH and RMAH...
    My first thoughts for RGPs and MMORPGs are:
    Dragon Age: Origins.
    Rift (Solo leveling).
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (Best combat system of any RPG ever, imo).

As for Diablo 3 if you are playing solo you can pause the game and you can just ignore the AH if you don't want to use it. Also, an alternative to D3 would be Torchlight II which many people consider to be a better overall game than D3.

Quote Originally Posted by The Pro View Post

If graphics is not important, then Baldur's Gate 1+2, Icewind Dale 1+2 and Neverwinter Nights 1+2 are conceptually very close to Knights of the Old Republic, with Neverwinter Nights being the closest. You could always look into Jade Empire as well, or Dragon Age: Origins.

They all have a strong focus on the RPG aspect, and the combat is more tactical than reaction-based and everything can be paused in a second's notice. :P

Space Game - Steam Sale

Hey,

I am looking to buy a new game or two in the steam sale, what I am most looking to get is a strategy game set either in the future or in space. I was hoping people could recommend a few, I have not played any so the age of the game isn't really an issue.

Games I like to play strategy wise are rise of nations, total war games, tycoon games, older games like TTD. ( I play other games like WoW and football manager etc)

With the steam sale I was hoping to maybe catch a bargain as I have noticed a few games that fit my criteria are over 50% off

Sins of a solar empire is probably the best C&C clone in space.

single player non strategy would probably be X3 extremely deep, quite a learning cliff and a very unintuitive menu system, although you do break through it with time.

then EVE is probably the best space mmo.

turn based space games or rather 4x i'm not so good with, personally i liked star ruler very indie lots of options, but its quite easy to kill your computer if you don't cap the ship limit. star drive is a newer one, fun ship design, not much in the way of economy management or exploration though.

as a little end note it won't pop up in steam but there is one space strategy game that i thought was more fun than Sins, which was homeworld 2 with the Complex mod, great fun to be had there. the battles still look great even if the game is pretty old now.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2013-07-12 at 06:42 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    Sins of a solar empire is probably the best C&C clone in space.
    How so? One would think that having a sophisticated integration of the 4X concept makes it more a RT4X game rather than a conventional first gen RTS.

turn based space games or rather 4x i'm not so good with, personally i liked star ruler very indie lots of options, but its quite easy to kill your computer if you don't cap the ship limit. star drive is a newer one, fun ship design, not much in the way of economy management or exploration though.
    Star Ruler aint TBS though and I find Distant Worlds (not available on Steam though) just walks over Star Ruler but it also certainly will wake your inner OCD. If it's really TBS then I'd recommend starting out with the classic of all sci-fi space TBS games: Master of Orion 2 (available at gog.com). After that you may try Galactic Civilizations 2 (available on Steam) but not the campaign (it's supposed to be for veterans of the sandbox mode).
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    Any games that don't get a 6/10 rating on metacritic ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    How so? One would think that having a sophisticated integration of the 4X concept makes it more a RT4X game rather than a conventional first gen RTS.
    i meant it in the kindest regards, its gotten much better now with retribution it was pretty bland at first if i remember.

also yes ruler isn't turn based i fumbled my sentence there a bit, its still not a bad game (mods are quite cool for it) the scale just becomes a bit nuts after a while.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2013-07-12 at 11:22 PM.

I asked this over in the Steam Sale thread, but I figure this might get a bit more exposure. I am considering buying Just Cause on steam because 1) It's only $2.99 and 2) It looks interesting. So if I don't like it as much I didn't waste much money. My question is, has anyone gotten the DLC for it? Is it worth it to get it or is it just all cosmetic stuff that makes no difference?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I got 20$ on steam to spend since I can't buying Walking Dead 400 day's later without having the Season 1 episodes so ill get that later.
    With that said I have been looking at a few games and I wanted people to tell me some games and give me a idea of what to buy.

The games I have looked at are.
    PayDay The Heist
    Rogue Legacy
    Dust: An Elysian Tail "Really sucks I missed the sell over the weekend "
    Saints Row The Third "without DLC with it cost 10$ and I don't have it to spare atm"
    Final Fantasy VII "Big Fan of FFVII but I want something new to play "
    Counter Strike GO "I had this on xbox360 and loved it dose anyone know if its still active and how active it is"

So anyone got any idea's????

If you like shooters and story, there's Mass effect and Deus Ex (not sure how much they are on Steam, to be honest.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    i meant it in the kindest regards, its gotten much better now with retribution it was pretty bland at first if i remember.
    Friend and me had massive fun for hundreds of hours though in MP. I remember even modding the vanilla game heavily in all aspects and the game really is the most modding-friendly RTS I've played. The perceived blandness was mostly a lack of campaign and story but we didn't mind. I recently undusted it with Rebellion out and was still surprised how much of the strategies still worked.

also yes ruler isn't turn based i fumbled my sentence there a bit, its still not a bad game (mods are quite cool for it) the scale just becomes a bit nuts after a while.
    Yeah, I know, I was a mercy-buyer, meaning the guy was going to be broke personally and had to rush out what was a literally unplayable game. It was also the game which gave way to me buying Distant Worlds. Although both differ slightly in the approach, SR can be played like a RTS but DW has a more grandscale and sandboxy approach with 4X which makes it appear deeper.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

I need a good modern game to play. I enjoy multiplayer games, but single player games can be fun too. Basically I've become fed up with the current games, at least the ones that I've been exposed to. I have a psp and a pc, no other consoles. Right now the only games I seem to enjoy are FF7 and Legend of Dragoon, but I want something modern. I've probably just burned myself out, but I cannot stand these games nowadays. Where's the 2013 holy grail game?

Things not to suggest;
    FPS games
    NonFree Roam RPGs.
    Blizzard Games (sorry blizz, you changed to a crap developer in recent times)
    Any game that isn't optimized (Sorry PoE, you were great fun and the potential is there, and I'll come back once you sort it out.)
    F2P/P2W crap.

Games I own/played.
    Assassin's Creed, BioShock, Borderlands, Blacklight Retribution, CoD, Darkness II, Dead Island, Defiance, Dota 2, Duke Nukem, Skyrim, Fallout, Firefall, From Dust, GTA, Hellgate, Kingdoms of Amalur, LoL, Left 4 Dead, Mafia 2, Minecraft, Mount and Blade, Orcs Must Die, Path of Exile, Plants vs Zombies, Rift, Civ 5, Simcity, Smite, Terraria, Torchlight, Witcher 2, WoW.

I don't really care about graphics being realistic or cartoony, but they need to be well done. Can't wait for Wildstar and ES:O.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone is into Retro-Gaming I would suggest Bionic Commando: Rearmed - It's pretty much an HD Remake of the original 8-Bit NES Game. And for only $2.49 on Steam..Can you really go wrong?

Deleted
    oooooh im so bored. Can smbdy recommend me an online game that which hasn't that much grinding? Because i get bored fast of games that require lots of days of grinding to be max level or to be able to get into action. Something that keeps your blood hot(if you catch my drift). PvP games are also welcome

what i've played

Dota 2(great game but valve ruined it end of story)
    LoL(made me rage too much)
    WoW(it was good as it lasted but after 4 years the azeroth dream ended->also too much grinding)
    Rift
    S4 league
    Perfect world(waaaaay to much grinding got bored of it)
    Vindictus(even though the concept is nice you had to do dungeons many times in a row so in the end it got repetitive)
    Minecraft(didn't like it)
    Aion(again hours of grinding)

and many many more but i don't remember them all

Pls don't recommend me

Other MOBA games
    FPS
    racing games
    or other games that require hours of grinding

Any suggestions for another hack and slash game like Darksiders/Darksiders 2 or the God of War series?

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess this is the place to post this; I keep getting the urge to play some Wintermaul Wars from WC3 but I don't have WC3 installed, and I would rather get a more polished independent title. Does anyone know any good team tower defense game similar to Winterwaul/Wintermaul Wars?
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Just finished Persona 3 Portable. Just looking for a good handheld RPG I can play.

Don't care if it's on Vita, PSP or 3DS/DS.

I've played Persona 4 Golden, Tales of Abyss, Persona 3 Portable, Kingdom Hearts Dream drop distance, kingdom hearts chain of memories, (all the handheld KH games), The world ends with you... wondering what else you guys can suggest?

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3