Buying a 3ds to occupy me till I get a Hearthstone beta key, and I have a long trip ahead of me in a week. I've done my research on the great games for the ds, but I want some opinions. I only want to buy one game till I get a beta key or till Pokemon Y comes out. I don't think I can play MK7 or SM3dL for 100+ hours so scratch those out. I've narrowed it down to a couple games, but more suggestions are helpful.

-Pokemon HeartGold (I skipped Gold and Silver back in the day so why not)
    -Pokemon White (Haven't played anything past Emerald)
    -Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Looks great and seems like it would be fun)

Deleted
    What is out there for the older WoW raider generation?

I've been playing WoW since my 20's and nearing my 30's now. I've always enjoyed raiding, I've raided from when MC was current content.
    Over the years the raiding groups I've raided with shrunk from 40s to 25s to nowadays only 10s. The raid content I've enjoyed most went from being called a "raid" to 25m raid to hard mode and heroic raids. People I used to know have over the years left the game for work or family.
    New recruits in my guild are like freshly 16-18 year olds, and just to think back at MC, these new recruits were still only 8-10 back then.

As WoW aims to attract a wider and wider audience, I myself find it harder and harder to find similar minded/skilled players who enjoy the challenge of hc raids.

A lot of people have moved on and a lot of new players are entering the game. I do still enjoy the hc raids with my guild, but I am wondering what else is out there?

Is there anything out there besides WoW that has a good end game with raids?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Xer View Post
    Is there anything out there besides WoW that has a good end game with raids?
    That would be Rift.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Would need a tip for a good RPG preferably focused in a medieval fantasy setting with a fairly long campaign but more modern is alright too, have played DA:O, mass effect series, kotor 1/2 and the TES series as well as Amalur and fallout 3, im not so sure what there is to go for next, cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Two Worlds?
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Would need a tip for a good RPG preferably focused in a medieval fantasy setting with a fairly long campaign but more modern is alright too, have played DA:O, mass effect series, kotor 1/2 and the TES series as well as Amalur and fallout 3, im not so sure what there is to go for next, cheers
    The Witcher series. TW3 is coming out in the future, and it looks to be pretty awesome. So I'd recommend playing the first two games.

If you like classic Open World RPGs - look für Gothic 1-3 (3 only patched^^) and there is also Outcast (from 1999) - then there would be "Vampire the Maskerade" (Redemption and Bloodlines)
    I canÄt really recommand Two Worlds 1&2 - it was just ...well...boring - nice concepts...but uterly boring

I forgot: there is Risen 1 and Risen 2 (from the gothic developers)

but yes - Story-wise - there is only one good RPG Game Series besides Biowares Titles : The Witcher
    Last edited by Esmi; 2013-09-03 at 05:09 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Looking for a PC-based Hack n Slash style Action RPG that I could play co-op with a friend over the net.

Not looking to play Diablo...something different preferably. He's in NH and I'm in Florida...but we get tired of duoQ in League of Legends and just wanna go smash some shit and collect loot...like old school Champions of Norrath or Baldur's Gate style.

Age of game doesn't matter.

edit: is Din's Curse any good?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2013-09-03 at 07:00 PM.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Torchlight 1 & 2
    Path of Exile

..ähm Baldurs Gate wasn't Hack & Slash ...if you look for something more like BG /DA - then go for Neverwinter Nights 1&2

What can you guys tell me about Tera Online when playing for free?...Is it good? Can you compare it to any of these games : WoW,Rift,GW2,SWtOR? Is it a grind fest?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jemd13 View Post
    What can you guys tell me about Tera Online when playing for free?...Is it good? Can you compare it to any of these games : WoW,Rift,GW2,SWtOR? Is it a grind fest?

Thanks!
    Tera is amazingballs combat.

Go try it (it's a little grindy)

Deleted
    What do you think is the best RPG to get to the good old PS2?
    I've heard it's FFX, but I'd like to hear other opinions aswell!

Quote Originally Posted by l1ll3man View Post
    What do you think is the best RPG to get to the good old PS2?
    I've heard it's FFX, but I'd like to hear other opinions aswell!
    There are plenty of great RPGs for PS2 (in no particular order):

• Shadow Hearts & Shadow Hearts: Covenant
    • Grandia II & III
    • Xenosaga Episodes I, II & III
    • Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
    • Dark Cloud 1 & 2
    • Suikoden III, IV & V
    • Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
    • Valkyrie Profile 2
    • Baldurs Gate 1 & 2
    • Radiata Stories
    • Breath of Fire V: Dragon Quarter
    • Dragon Quest VIII
    • Tales of the Abyss
    • Tales of Legendia
    • Rogue Galaxy
    • Final Fantasy XII
    • Final Fantasy X
    • Persona 4

This is by no means a comprehensive "must-play" list, but you'll find a couple here that you'll enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, i played vindictus last night and i was disappointed. The game was good, but its more of a single player instanced RPG rather than an MMO.
    The combat is wonderful, and i wish TERA would have the same combat, but MMO elements are amiss.

After this case, i quickly realized that i am looking for a sandbox (pvp-oriented) MMO, with decent combat (targetted or hack n slash, whatever).
    Also, F2P.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormkhan View Post
    So, i played vindictus last night and i was disappointed. The game was good, but its more of a single player instanced RPG rather than an MMO.
    The combat is wonderful, and i wish TERA would have the same combat, but MMO elements are amiss.

After this case, i quickly realized that i am looking for a sandbox (pvp-oriented) MMO, with decent combat (targetted or hack n slash, whatever).
    Also, F2P.

Any thoughts?
    Age of wushu? I think that's F2P, sandbox, and pvp oriented with decent combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Age of wushu? I think that's F2P, sandbox, and pvp oriented with decent combat.
    Tried it, didnt appreciate it much; I`d rather read books on how-to-play-this-game.

Struggling between Aion and Tera at the moment. PvP oriented of course. Tera`s combat might be superior, but i just want pvp-goals, be it titles or gear; that come with achieving something --- Like wow titles for arenas. (not just pure pvp grind like rift)

Quote Originally Posted by Stormkhan View Post
    Tried it, didnt appreciate it much; I`d rather read books on how-to-play-this-game.

Struggling between Aion and Tera at the moment. PvP oriented of course. Tera`s combat might be superior, but i just want pvp-goals, be it titles or gear; that come with achieving something --- Like wow titles for arenas. (not just pure pvp grind like rift)
    This might be a little outside the box but... Smite is a moba that plays a lot like an MMO and is very pvp (its a moba lol)

Deleted
    can anyone reccomend me a 1v1 solo pvp online game? i'm really tired of mobas, teams and shit like that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raspharus View Post
    can anyone reccomend me a 1v1 solo pvp online game? i'm really tired of mobas, teams and shit like that
    starcraft 2? or any starcraft really

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gegalfo View Post
    starcraft 2? or any starcraft really
    Nah mate starcraft requires too many skills(micro macro apm you have to remeber all the keybinds). I've tried it but it takes many hours to be decent. I was thinking of something more like a moba? But without the team part. Anyways it can be any pvp 1v1 game as long as it is not a damn shooter.