Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    Hey I'm looking for a game similiar to DayZ - you know, a shooter or any other type of MMO in which the main goal is to SURVIVE. Are there even games like that? And don't tell me to try shit called WarZ.
    Seven days to die? Its in alpha or beta at the moment, but its focused on every other concept except PvP. In fact I don't think it even has any pvp.

Looking for a game similar to guitar hero/rockband for PC. A music rhythm game. I know there is a mod or something called frets on fire, but I used to play it. Its alright, problem is I don't have a guitar anymore and I don't like using the keyboard for it. Would prefer something that has smooth control interface, looks decent at least. I have audiosurf, and its alright, not my favorite.

EDIT 1: Also looking for something similar to Gauntlet Legends/Dark Legacy for PC. Something where I can just basically hack & slash my way to victory with 2-3 abilities or special combo moves and feels somewhat arcade-ish with hopefully some multiplayer in it as well as some different zones/areas as well as bosses in an isometic view.
    Last edited by Angarin; 2013-09-14 at 02:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    How about Infestation? ::snicker::
    ohyou.jpg :P

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I apparently posted this in wrong place - sorry Mods! I made a thread to keep everything in one place. Was hoping to post and come back to a convenient list. Yes, I am also looking for more decent titles for my YouTube vids as I seem to be scraping bottom at moment - hence the request...

I still can't friggin' buy Final Fantasy 14 from their store! aaaaaargh! Here's the request:

Hi, guys

Looking for an mmo or two to try out.

Firstly, I am a bit of a graphical snob. I prefer a game that looks good, has decent animations as well as decent gameplay.

Money isn't a deciding factor - Sub, Buy Once-Off, F2P, etc - I like many F2P games, but... I would like to know:
    What decent / entertaining MMO WoW-type games have you tried in the last 3~4 years or so?

Only requirements
    Game must have some sort of guilds.
    Can be either PvE or PvP based or both
    Must look okay and
    animations must be okay
    do you level? if so what is "max level" aka "endgame" like ?
    are there dungeons and/or raids (>5man)?
    how do you rate graphics and animations?

Any suggestions? Can you tell me what you liked and why you stopped playing it or continue to play it?

Have tried, looked at these:
    Rift, Defiance, Dragon's prophet, Neverwinter, Guild Wars 2, Aion, Everquest 2, Star Wars the Old Republic, Tera, World of Warcraft, Firefall
    Age of Wushu / Age of Wulin, Age of Conan, Fallen Earth, Lord of the Rings,

Also, give your insight (please) on these:
    I am buying FF14, am downloading Invictus, C9, Scarlet Blade, Ragnorak II, Planetside II
    What happened to Warhammer? F2P? Runes of Magic, Perfect World?

What else is out there?

Sincerely, thanks for your time! Any insight or experiences (good or bad) would be appreciated.

ps: I know "google is your friend", but this sort of response does not help me... I prefer to get a perspective / recommendation from you guys - I've checked a lot of the popular mmo sites too, but to have to wade through 1000's of vids...nah. Rather hear from you!

But Mr. Wocky...

You've reviewed 15 MMO's in a graphic comparison....so confused.

You might try allods online if you haven't yet. As well as neverwinter. I haven't tried neverwinter, but allods felt alot like wow/runes of magic. As well as LOTRO.

He's played Neverwinter and LOTRO

Sort of a hard question to answer as I would have suggested a lot of the games that he has already played.

I guess FFXIV would be the next one to try (wasn't my cup of tea but doesn't mean you won't like it). Never heard of Invictus (do you mean Vindictus?) I would stay away from Scarlet Blade unless you just want to see some tits. Planetside 2 is completely different than any other game on your list. I'd give that a go if you haven't played it although it certainly doesn't have a lot of your requirements (like pve, dungeons, raids, etc).

I guess dragonnest and warframe would be good choices.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Dunno if anyone said anything about FF:ARR yet but Im playing atm and I found it quite fun, you can switch classes just by switching weapons( you will have to do a class-quest) and your level will go back to one again so if you are the supergrinder you can level all classes to 50 which would take some time.

Atm im lvling a Paladin and I found it quite fun, i haven't yet mastered the role so im lacking a bit but the mid level instances are hilarious so far what i've seen it's mostly tank and spank at the early instances but when you get to about 25 and up the bosses start to get unique ways to fight them which makes it fun, atleast for me.

There's probably more that i forgot to mention but can't think of anything right now^^

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    I guess dragonnest and warframe would be good choices.
    I'm still considering trying warframe, but the whole concept of an fps with rpg elements in group/raid content just seems awkward. Maybe I can just only imagine them in a third person perspective to be successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    I'm still considering trying warframe, but the whole concept of an fps with rpg elements in group/raid content just seems awkward. Maybe I can just only imagine them in a third person perspective to be successful.
    I play in 3rd person unless I am going for headshots down a long hallway with a pistol or something. 3rd person is the default perspective.

Sort of needs to be with all that katana swinging...
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    Looking for a game similar to Dragon Age:Origins, storywise. Pref. fantasy, no scifi.

I'm looking for a game that is exceptionally fantasy-themed like WoW or Skyrim. Must include Dwarves. Please nothing Asian. Genre doesn't matter, nor do graphics. I prefer something that's a fun little gem not many people have heard about.

For both of the posts above, try the Witcher series (although it's not something not many people have heard about).

Similar game to skylanders for pc?

Ok so short story.

I had to reinstall windows on my pc, went to a local game store to pickup a cheap ps2 game to play while I wait for all my games/drivers etc to download & install. Saw skylanders giants for the wii. Picked it up for my 7/8 year old brothers. I just played it about 20 minutes ago, was browsing saw skylanders spyros adventure for pc, but giants was nice because, of well, giants...

Was curious if there was anything like it for the pc? I know disney infinity is possibly coming to PC, but no confirmation is given yet and swap force to my knowledge is not coming to pc.

If theres nothing similar to it, what are the major differences between spyro's adventure & giants besides the fact of the giants characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Ok so short story.

I had to reinstall windows on my pc, went to a local game store to pickup a cheap ps2 game to play while I wait for all my games/drivers etc to download & install. Saw skylanders giants for the wii. Picked it up for my 7/8 year old brothers. I just played it about 20 minutes ago, was browsing saw skylanders spyros adventure for pc, but giants was nice because, of well, giants...

Was curious if there was anything like it for the pc? I know disney infinity is possibly coming to PC, but no confirmation is given yet and swap force to my knowledge is not coming to pc.

If theres nothing similar to it, what are the major differences between spyro's adventure & giants besides the fact of the giants characters.
    Diablo III is similar in gameplay mechanics, but it's definitely more gory and violent.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

I guess I should've said this. I was looking for something with the whole character/swap mechanic. Its a rare & new mechanic in gaming. I do have d3 for the record, and absolutely still <3 it after a year. I did notice immediately though it felt like playing d3 in a kid version. I liked how you could open this area with a nature type character.

Anyways, more ideas?

Diablo 3.
    Path of Exile (DEFINITELY should keep tabs on that).
    FATE

Disney Infiniti (similar to the toy idea, not in gameplay).

Giant in Skylanders only do a bit more damage and are used to finish Giant-only puzzles.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Diablo 3.
    Path of Exile (DEFINITELY should keep tabs on that).
    FATE

Disney Infiniti (similar to the toy idea, not in gameplay).

Giant in Skylanders only do a bit more damage and are used to finish Giant-only puzzles.
    I appreciate the suggestions, in fact I haven't heard about FATE in a long time, but you didn't identify the fact I wanted something similar to swapping characters like in skylanders/infinity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Mod Edit:

A lot of people pass through the Video Games forum looking for suggestions as to what game or games they should try out. This results in a lot of duplicate threads asking the same questions over and over again. Hopefully this thread will solve that problem by providing a "backlog" of questions and suggestions for those of you who may have already had the same wants and needs desired from a game expressed (and hopefully a satisfactory answer or two to go with them).

A few ground rules need to be laid out to cut down on the static and keep the focus on the purpose of this thread.
    • Be specific as to what you're looking for in a game.
    • When suggesting a game, try to include a link to its dedicated thread.
    • Don't insult or call into question someone else's questions or answers; we all have different tastes here.
    • Do not embed videos or large pictures. Links only, please.
    • Quote the person you're responding to. If the thread gets busy, things can get confusing.
    • Be open to new things. Your favorite game could be the one you've never heard of or thought you'd like.
    • As always, please keep the conversation civil and constructive!

------------------------------

All I see now are violent games where you shoot this or kill that, and to be honest I get bored with it very fast.
    So I was hoping to get some tips on non-violent games, like indie games, side-scrollers, adventure games, management games or RTS games like The Settlers would also be fun.

I own Trine 1 & 2, Portal 1 & 2 and Psychonauts (not quite non-violent but far from violent anyway).

Any tips for a game you think might fit into what I'm looking for? I know others might be interested as well, so let's see what we can gather up.
    I can warmly recommend one of my favorite games, wurm online. It is really popular as a family game and very light on the violence. You can play it straight as a farming simulator, builder, creativity or terraforming game. It is sandbox so it is what you want to make it more or less and has the features and functionality to support it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Looking for a PC-based Hack n Slash style Action RPG that I could play co-op with a friend over the net.

Not looking to play Diablo...something different preferably. He's in NH and I'm in Florida...but we get tired of duoQ in League of Legends and just wanna go smash some shit and collect loot...like old school Champions of Norrath or Baldur's Gate style.

Age of game doesn't matter.

edit: is Din's Curse any good?

Thanks in advance!
    Check out torch light 2 and adventures of van helsing

Deleted

Warhammer Online or Rift?

I want to try one of these 2 games - Warhammer Online or Rift but I'm not sure which one I should play. I've heard PvP in Warhammer Online is amazing - how does it look in Rift? Which game have a better PvE?

Just tell me which game I should try first

15+ Year Old Account
    Warhammer is closing. FFXIV is decent.