Try Age of Conan. You can have an army of undead pretty much with the Necro

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Is anyone playing Divinity: Original Sin? I saw it on Steam and it looks like a really interesting game, reminds me of the isometric rpgs like Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale. But it's in beta right now. You can buy into the beta but I'm always wary of that sort of thing. Still I'm really tempted to get it. I'd just like to see if anyone here has it and what their opinion is on it.
    I've messed with it from time to time since its first alpha release (I was a backer on KS), and I've been impressed with it every time I have played it. the only reason I haven't spent too much time in it is because I didn't want to spoil too much, and because they did not bother working on save game compatibility between versions (since so much changed in each release).

The story/dialogue in the first hour or two is quite good, and there are plenty of NPCs (and animals with a certain perk) to talk to. Combat is very satisfying, and I love how the elements mix and match to cause various effects. There is a lot of world interaction as well, which can even come into play during combat.

For example, you may find an oil barrel and put it in your bag. During combat, you can throw it onto the ground. When you break it, it creates a large oil puddle which you can then light on fire, burning and blinding enemies standing in the oil. Then you can summon a rain storm to put out the fire and create water puddles on the ground (and drench enemies). Then you can shock the puddles, and everyone standing in them, or freeze the puddles and cause enemies to slip and fall (drenched enemies can also freeze).

Nice, think I'll get the game on my next payday then.

Ive been going through MMO rpg games, I got tired of spending $15 a month on wow so I tried aion, that lost me so I went to Tera, that lost me as well, then I went to Rift, Its somewhat interested but not refined, and after I bought GW2. I dont care for GW2 as its more for a person that plays on his/her own or in small groups. I like big raids and big groups. GW2 just didnt cut it for me with the limited skill bar. I like the traditional tank/healer/dps methods. What should I try next?

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    there's a sad lack of good visual novels pretty much everywhere except in japan. a small number gets translated, sometimes by fans, but the great majority doesn't :/
    Tell me about it. Give me a good story / characters / plot over graphics any day. I wish VNs where bigger...

Dysfunctional Systems looks interesting and is available on steam. the same developer also made Juniper's Knot, which is "short and free". i haven't tried either of these myself, though, so can't say if they actually are any good.
    Hmm, I'll check that out.

one that i've personally loved is Saya no Uta ("Song of Saya") but others hated it, and i can understand why, so take that as you will. it's definitely not a nice highschool romance story like Katawa Shoujo and many others and got quite a bit of disturbing content. plus, it's even less 'game' and more 'book with pictures on a screen' than most visuals novels already are.
    at the very least, it can certainly be described as "unique", though :D
    I'll check this out as well.

vndb.org might otherwise be a good place to search for more. most of the ones listed are japanese exclusive, but every now and then you can also find fanmade language patches there, and it allows for searching with specific tags (like "male protagonist", "no sex scenes", "fantasy setting", etc).
    I've used the site once before, I remember being overwhelmed at all the choices, I think. Still, it looks to be my best bet. Thanks.

not visuals novels but still greats games with a focus on story and characters, with relatively little player interaction but meaningful choices would also be The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us.
    Oh, I've played them both. TWAU is easily one of my favorite games, perhaps of all time. It's incredible. And it's not even done yet!

Thanks for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by chargersrool View Post
    Ive been going through MMO rpg games, I got tired of spending $15 a month on wow so I tried aion, that lost me so I went to Tera, that lost me as well, then I went to Rift, Its somewhat interested but not refined, and after I bought GW2. I dont care for GW2 as its more for a person that plays on his/her own or in small groups. I like big raids and big groups. GW2 just didnt cut it for me with the limited skill bar. I like the traditional tank/healer/dps methods. What should I try next?
    Try SWTOR. It has raiding, trinity, and lots of skills on your action bar.

Deleted
    Can anyone recommend me some hack and slash games for pc? Besides Darksiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Can anyone recommend me some hack and slash games for pc? Besides Darksiders.
    I think devil may cry and castlevania (the new ones) are up your ally, thats assuming you like darksiders.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow was really fun, though I can't say how well the PC version is (I played it on console). I've heard mixed reviews on the 2nd game (I haven't played it), so you might want to check the demo first. The Prince of Persia games were pretty good (again, I played these on console, so I can't say how good the PC version is), though the one that looks painted had less challenge than blinking your eyes. Batman: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City (non DX11) were both very good as well; Origins was a different company and wasn't as good, IMO. Though it is 2D, Dust: An Elysian Tale is a fun hack & slash. I also enjoyed Dark Souls, but that plays at a completely different pace, and isn't for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post
    @ Sibut: Human Revolution?
    Haven't tried that yet, I'll give it a shot, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by otanakvist View Post
    Short version: looking for a new MMO.

Long version: About 3 years ago life got complicated and I didn't have time for gaming anymore. However I now have some time for this hobby we all enjoy. The problem is that a lot changes in 3 years and while I could research the rather large pool of recent games and make my decision based on those findings, playing a game is more fun that research. So I bow to your experience and am asking for suggestions.

MMO's I've played:
    • Star Wars Galaxies - Yea I know its old but it holds the special place of being my first MMO
      Impressions: It being my first venture into the world of MMO's I didn't really know what was good or bad but I did enjoy the open world and I have yet to see a better crafting system or player driven economy. During my time playing SWG I played as a doctor(read "healer/buff master"). My issue with the game was that it lacked endgame group content. Now I recall that the game did eventually get some endgame group content but that was after I had stopped playing.
    • World of Warcraft
      Impressions: The part of wow I enjoyed most was the endgame raiding. Putting a group of people together from all over and implementing a strategy is great fun. I never did much pvp. Usually only when someone else in my guild queued for a battleground and wanted a pocket healer which was nice but not really my thing. Most of my time in wow was spent healing or tanking... well just about everything. In fact in nearly every game I have every played that has the "tank, healer, dps" paradigm I end up playing a healer. I liked being in a position where a single mis-click or mistake on my part could result in the failure of the entire group. I found that in healing and to a lesser degree tanking. I guess you could say that I have a type. I have considered going back to wow and I still may but, after being away for so long I want to take a bit of time to look around and explore other options.
    • League of Legends
      Yea I know its not an MMO exactly, but in the last year or so I have only been able to spare 30-40 minutes and only sporadically so it worked. While I do enjoy the competitive nature of the game, but I have always been more of a pve than pvp person. Also I want more of a community in a game. By community I mean that when I login I see the same people. Now I know that this does exist in LOL to some extent but to me it seems to be missing something that I'm not quite sure how to define...

What I'm looking for in a MMO:
    • Group Content
      This is possibly my favorite part of gaming. I enjoy playing as part of a group working together towards a common goal and usually the larger the group the better.
    • Endgame Content
      Once my newly minted character hits what passes for "level cap" I want there to be a good amount of group content to participate in.
    • Both gear and skill progression
      This is from my experience with League of Legends where you start every game at the beginning. I know that there are those that consider this a good thing but I like to be able to have my character be stronger today that he was yesterday. I guess you could say that I want to be able to improve both my character and myself as a player.
    • Not a first person shooter
      Just not my cup of tea.
    • Relatively new
      Something that has come out in the last 2-3 years. This is not a hard and fast rule. Its more an attempt to avoid stepping into a game where everyone has been playing it so long that it would require an exorbitant amount of time for a new player to "catch up" and be relevant.
    • Prefer Sword & Sorcery over SyFi setting
      Like the above not a hard and fast rule. Its just over that years I have found that I tend to enjoy Sword & Sorcery settings more.

Side notes: The system requirements of the game don't matter. You may assume that I have a computer and internet connection that can handle it.

So finally what I would like you is a few ideas on games I might try and the reason(s) for your suggestions. Some may think that this is a bit much just to decide which game to play, and they may be right. However when I do something I tend to do it all the way and the last time I made this decision I ended up playing WOW for 4 years. Anyways thanks in advance for the help and for sticking around despite the length of this post and if you have any questions please ask.

Happy gaming.

Just an update for anyone reading this in future and in reply to Mysta (sorry I can't pm you because I'm a noob and don't have 10 posts ).

Due to the lack of a replies to my prior post I decided to take a shotgun approach to my problem and have been trying all the MMO's that I can. However the inherent problem with this approach is that I don't play any one game long enough to experience its endgame which is what I really want to look at.

So far I have looked at:
    • Star Wars the Old Republic
      Like it best so far, but don't know if the endgame will hold up to what I'm looking for.
    • Neverwinter Online
      Enjoyed their interactive, and almost "twitch", style of gameplay and their system for creating your own content has tremendous potential but the lack of endgame raid content disqualified it.
    • Elder Scrolls Online
      I took a look at this game but have not played it. After reading that their non-pvp endgame content is limited to heroic versions of existing 5 man dungeons (please correct me if I am mistaken or was reading bad/outdated info) I decided to save some money and skip it for now.

Next on my list to try is Rift which from some preliminary reading seems promising.

If anyone has other ideas of games I should be looking at I would by happy to hear about them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chargersrool View Post
    then I went to Rift, Its somewhat interested but not refined
    I'm in a similar situation to you and was wondering if you could you elaborate on what you mean by "not refined".

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

Deleted
    Anyone knows a game where you start with very little resources, almost nothing, but then you're able to build your home, city and expand and defend it. I'd like a game like that, that isn't turn-based, and isn't a "grand strategy" like civ 5. I'd prefer if it was either first person or third person along with you being able to switch to like "strategy mode", where you view everything from the sky.
    It would also be nice if you were able to play the game endlessly, I mean just continue to expand your empire. Thanks!
    Last edited by mmocff4cc4f6fc; 2014-04-23 at 05:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Fillwish View Post
    Anyone knows a game where you start with very little resources, almost nothing, but then you're able to build your home, city and expand and defend it. I'd like a game like that, that isn't turn-based, and isn't a "grand strategy" like civ 5. I'd prefer if it was either first person or third person along with you being able to switch to like "strategy mode", where you view everything from the sky. Thanks!
    Ehm, ever played a game called Dungeon Keeper 2?

Question What MMO should i be playing?!

Alright, so i done WoW for years, i want a new change of scenery. I love raiding, i love dungeons, i love a highly populated world (i don't like being alone =P )
    Archeage is a beautiful game, but waiting for a NA release. What is your recommendation on what i should play?
    What game?
    What do you love about it?
    Free or sub i don't care, just give me something new to play! =)

If you enjoy spending years mining ore to make tons of money to pay for skill book tuition and hundreds of hours of theorycrafting your dream ship spec, and then get the ship, then have it blown up in twenty seconds, then EVE Online is for you.

GW2 has regular content updates, but you burn through it pretty quickly.
    SWTOR can be beaten in 30 hours.
    ESO is novel but you will tire after a week or so.
    Wildstar might work, but I doubt it will be sustainable as a subscription model after a year.
    DAoC is awesome.

Lol i love the description of EVE >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Snucka View Post
    Lol i love the description of EVE >.<
    Eve online. Just be warned; I paid 15 dollars per month for two years, mining trillium ore and ice belts to pay for skillbook tuition and save up for a 3 billion ISK Vindicator with the best gear ever, making it the highest DPS ship in the game (a staggering 2400 DPS). After 28 months of hard work, I finally took out my fabulous battleship out for spin in Jita and to take some screenshots, but my ship was blown up by gankers twenty seconds after I undocked (apparently they thought I was their corportion rival's boss and they blew me up without verifying my identity). Two years of hard work -mining 10 hours a week -gone.

You have been warned.

Im sorry =( i would have rage quit at that point >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Eve online. Just be warned; I paid 15 dollars per month for two years, mining trillium ore and ice belts to pay for skillbook tuition and save up for a 3 billion ISK Vindicator with the best gear ever, making it the highest DPS ship in the game (a staggering 2400 DPS). After 28 months of hard work, I finally took out my fabulous battleship out for spin in Jita and to take some screenshots, but my ship was blown up by gankers twenty seconds after I undocked (apparently they thought I was their corportion rival's boss and they blew me up without verifying my identity). Two years of hard work -mining 10 hours a week -gone.

You have been warned.
    - - - Updated - - -

Anymore recommendations!?
    I need more say-so's?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You could try Rift, if like you said you only want a change of scenery.

Gameplay-wise it's very similar to WoW. You've got the standard questing, a fair amount of 5-man dungeons (normal, expert and master mode), as well as 10-man and 20-man raids. The game still gets content patches more frequently than WoW too, despite it having slowed down a little from pre-expansion times.